Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

He was out the door at Xmas and they then came up with this sabbatical idea which I think is just leaving the door open for him if he wants to come back.

My bet is that he won’t.

He was out the door at Xmas and they then came up with this sabbatical idea which I think is just leaving the door open for him if he wants to come back.

My bet is that he won’t.
I think he’s going.
The man offered his resignation.
Unlikely to come back from that.
Hopefully the club get aggressive and find a good replacement

I think he’s going.
The man offered his resignation.
Unlikely to come back from that.
Hopefully the club get aggressive and find a good replacement
People generally don’t come back when they make up their mind to go.

As I said at the time I think the sabbatical thing was just thrown out there as a means to appease the members and supporters.

As I said at the time I think the sabbatical thing was just thrown out there as a means to appease the members and supporters.
I totally respect your opinion Kirby.
I personally feel he will be back.
Let's see.

Just thinking it was the break that he and his wife needed.
Once in a lifetime

Let's see.

Once in a lifetime
Terribly disappointing to lose him after just two years at the helm and us being the club he won a flag with, you'd hope he felt a smidge of emotional connection with Collingwood.

Terribly disappointing to lose him after just two years at the helm and us being the club he won a flag with, you'd hope he felt a smidge of emotional connection with Collingwood.
He needs to spend time with his wife which is more important for him. Good on him. Hope he comes back.

Let's see.

Once in a lifetime
I hope you’re right and that he comes back.

Do we know if he made up his mind to go, or that he made up his mind to take the wife on an extended holiday in Europe during the northern summer and that he felt he needed to resign to enable that? I've always thought it was the later, and that that was more about doing the honourable thing rather than any desire to actually leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we know if he made up his mind to go, or that he made up his mind to take the wife on an extended holiday in Europe during the northern summer and that he felt he needed to resign to enable that? I've always thought it was the later, and that that was more about doing the honourable thing rather than any desire to actually leave.
Yeah I think your understanding is probably the right one. I accept that it was the desire to take the trip that led to the decision.

However, my thoughts are that in coming to the decision to quit in order to take the trip is such a change in mindset that it is probably difficult to come back from. It indicates to me that with the premiership he felt his job was done.

My suspicion is that he won’t have the motivation to take up the reins again.

I hope I’m wrong and that he’s 100% motivated and returns.

Yeah I think your understanding is probably the right one. I accept that it was the desire to take the trip that led to the decision.

However, my thoughts are that in coming to the decision to quit in order to take the trip is such a change in mindset that it is probably difficult to come back from. It indicates to me that with the premiership he felt his job was done.

My suspicion is that he won’t have the motivation to take up the reins again.

I hope I’m wrong and that he’s 100% motivated and returns.
You’d have to believe that he was being disingenuous with the Club if your suspicions are correct. Which I can’t buy.
If he wasn’t returning, I feel he would have declined the sabbatical to allow plenty of time for the Club to find a replacement.

You’d have to believe that he was being disingenuous with the Club if your suspicions are correct. Which I can’t buy.
If he wasn’t returning, I feel he would have declined the sabbatical to allow plenty of time for the Club to find a replacement.
Not the right thread.

Why didn’t you move the post to the right thread where my response would have been appropriate?
Why didn't you take note of my previous post?

You can copy the post you are replying to and put in the right thread.

Why didn't you take note of my previous post?

You can copy the post you are replying to and put in the right thread.
Your previous post should have been a clear directive - “please use the correct thread for discussion on GW.”
Then I would have known it was from a mod, and not just another poster having a whinge.

Last edited:

Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back