List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Z Bailey would cost us two first rounders with a second coming back at best.
I’d do it but couldn’t imagine why Brisbane would.
He's a good player but not that good. Be a single first rounder ballpark figure for mine.

He's not as good as Cerra or Saad for example (at least in my mind in terms of trade value). Would be a great pick up though.

He's a good player but not that good. Be a single first rounder ballpark figure for mine.

He's not as good as Cerra or Saad for example (at least in my mind in terms of trade value). Would be a great pick up though.
Contracted though and We would hope our firsts are a lot later then the picks that got them.

Maybe it would take a pick of around 12 and a swap of a late 2nd rounder with a 3rd rounder coming back?
I just don’t know why they would do it though. They would rightfully want overs. Bailey’s imo is the type of player nearly every club is looking for. A forward mid like he is would be absolutely perfect for us but also for just about every side.

I would do whatever it takes to get Charlie Cameron on our list. I think he has plenty of good footy left in him. Tough decisions would need to be made cap wise, but I don't have a problem with that.
Charlie Cameron if he stays fit in the Melbourne cold, is a 3 season Gamechanger for us

I just don’t know why they would do it though. They would rightfully want overs. Bailey’s imo is the type of player nearly every club is looking for. A forward mid like he is would be absolutely perfect for us but also for just about every side.
Highly, highly unlikely to happen unless they implode. This thread though sometimes resembles going on to realestate.com.au to look at properties over $15mill when you have $500 in the bank.

Bailey would be ideal for our list
Given our window I would throw the marbles at the wall to get Bailey and Cameron. Just the chance of getting them and what they would deliver us, turns me on. Elliot or Barrassi would move heaven and Earth to get it Done. Right boys, you, and you are taking $100k cuts. You we are trading. This is when you try to live the dream

If Richmond offered us Marlion Pickett for 50,000 1st-round draft picks and my grandmother, I'd do it, because he's just the type of player we need...

Am I doing this right? :huh:

Last edited:
Given our window I would throw the marbles at the wall to get Bailey and Cameron. Just the chance of getting them and what they would deliver us, turns me on. Elliot or Barrassi would move heaven and Earth to get it Done. Right boys, you, and you are taking $100k cuts. You we are trading. This is when you try to live the dream
Why not just support Brisbane? Easier result for everyone...

The names on the Lions board that they're speculating may go are Cameron, Rayner and Berry. Cameron or Bailey would be an absolute dream outcome for us.
If Rayner ever fulfilled his potential he could be a Petracca/Martin type. Doesn't have the professionalism though and his fitness is always a question.

Aside from him, Bailey would be great for us. Though expensive

I wonder what they'd be asking for Rayner, he's never been close to fulfilling his potential so might be cheapish relatively speaking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A late first sounds about right. Especially if he's causing issues amongst the playing group.

No chance anyone pays that for a 31yo…

Draft picks are way more valuable now Tassie is coming in.. Any team who stuffs up the draft from now until Tasmania’s/ NTs concessions are in for some pain…

Bailey would be ideal for our list
Agree but I suspect Cameron is more plausible if rumours are true

I wouldn't be opposed to Cameron maybe they can put some sort of behaviour clause in his contract

Ideally if I could choose I'd pick Bailey, Stengal & Cameron in that order if they were open to come across

BLUE EMERGES ON RIVALS' RADAR​

CARLTON forward Matt Owies has emerged on the radar of AFL clubs as a potential trade target as teams hunt readymade goalkicking options.

Owies remains without a deal beyond this season, but has established himself as a key member of the Blues' forward line this year and is on track for a career-best campaign after notching 16 goals from his first 11 matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
No chance anyone pays that for a 31yo…

Draft picks are way more valuable now Tassie is coming in.. Any team who stuffs up the draft from now until Tasmania’s/ NTs concessions are in for some pain…
Unless a club is willing to stump up something worth while Brisbane would just hold him to his contract.

Paying up what's likely to be a pick in the late teens/early twenties for a certified gun who's still got a few years left of good/elite footy seems a no brainer to me with our list in the window the way it is.

Getting a player of his calibre but a few years younger would cost 2 first rounders at a minimum and we can't afford that right now.

BLUE EMERGES ON RIVALS' RADAR​

CARLTON forward Matt Owies has emerged on the radar of AFL clubs as a potential trade target as teams hunt readymade goalkicking options.

Owies remains without a deal beyond this season, but has established himself as a key member of the Blues' forward line this year and is on track for a career-best campaign after notching 16 goals from his first 11 matches.

This has the Western Bulldogs or Failmantle written all over it

Taking a young mid is interesting, you don’t select a 19 year old for immediate impact or to delist in 6 months time.

Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Wilson and Hollands bros obviously pretty safe as mids/prospective mids.

Campo boys on the way, Ben will more than likely be a mid first.

I wonder what this means for Jack Carroll who has now been on the list for four years and has not cemented a spot in the side, and Hewett + Kennedy who are typically our fourth and fifth options and could be expendable. Docherty also a consideration.

If we traded Owies while keeping Durdin and Fantasia… Personally I’d be pissed at the club…

Owies has kicked twice the amount of goals of Durdin and Fantasia combined…
He’s out of contract. He can do what he wants

If we traded Owies while keeping Durdin and Fantasia… Personally I’d be pissed at the club…

Owies has kicked twice the amount of goals of Durdin and Fantasia combined…
From Owies stand point, if someone offered a 3 year deal at this juncture you would be mad to not take it. No way Carlton are offering 3 I would think. Good on him from where he came from to now putting himself in such a position if its true. Can't begrudge that. Very impressive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back