List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had an injury interrupted season and is down on form but people quickly forget how good he is when he's up and running. He's a match winner when in form. Definitely needs to improve his tackling though.
Also did he not miss 5 or so weeks of this season with an injury. I agree he is dangerous when in form, but he could look at how Kai is putting on defensive pressure, and be a bit better with the defensive aspect.

I am a bit reluctant to pile into players, as I have no doubt that players play injured, and/or come back from injuries too early...and I don't always believe it is the players decision. Some in the media had Max King being traded at years end, for a poor game against Port, but he injured himself during the game and played the second half, and is now out for the season.

Zac Bailey's best position is as a small forward, if played in that role he would be a 40+ goal a year player.

Charlie, Kai and Zac would be a fantastic trio up front.
Three blokes who barely defend as it is. I’d lose count the amount of broken tackles each game. Outside of defending issues the selfishness when added with Rayner will just blow my head in fit of rage, anger and hatred culminating in a Sack Fagan post.

Three blokes who barely defend as it is. I’d lose count the amount of broken tackles each game. Outside of defending issues the selfishness when added with Rayner will just blow my head in fit of rage, anger and hatred culminating in a Sack Fagan post.
I tend to agree with you re Cameron and Bailey, but tackling and pressure acts have been a big part of Lohmann’s improvement this year IMO.

I tend to agree with you re Cameron and Bailey, but tackling and pressure acts have been a big part of Lohmann’s improvement this year IMO.
Not sold on Lohmann yet but he’s done an ok job so far. Still seems hesitant and doesn’t like body contact. Hope he grows in confidence and can lay some damaging hits and tackles.

Bailey averages 2.7 tackles per game this year and against Dees had18 pressure acts ( can’t find the season average). Not great in the physical defensive acts, but given his size these are OK figures. I think his form issue is to do with the offensive side of the game. Seems to lack awareness and over confident in his ability to fend off.

The effort has been there. Not sure sitting on the bench or playing in the twos will improve his form offensively.

Apart from the Port Adelaide game where he had 26 disposals and kicked a goal and the Footscray game where he had 17 disposals and kicked a couple. Actually, looking at Bailey’s stats this year, if Rayner had those numbers people would be declaring the second coming.

Not sold on Lohmann yet but he’s done an ok job so far. Still seems hesitant and doesn’t like body contact. Hope he grows in confidence and can lay some damaging hits and tackles.
He’s very good. Took me a while to catch on, but I say again, Lohmann is super good.

He’s very good. Took me a while to catch on, but I say again, Lohmann is super good.
The thing to really like about Lohman is that he has that bit of swagger and unpredictability that good players have.

I understand why SM says that he's not sold on him yet but he's just got that attitude where you know he'll probably make it.

The thing to really like about Lohman is that he has that bit of swagger and unpredictability that good players have.

I understand why SM says that he's not sold on him yet but he's just got that attitude where you know he'll probably make it.
He’s quick, good above his head, gets into the right places and steps up in the big moment. His left foot around the corner goal in the last against Melbourne was a demonstration of that. I’m a fan.

Mitch Cleary on Talking Footy reporting Dev Rob is one to watch at the end of the year if we need more draft points .
Really. West Coast going to give up their 4th rounder for him?

He’s a giveaway to create an extra list spot. Maybe a we swap 4th round picks.

Really. West Coast going to give up their 4th rounder for him?

He’s a giveaway to create an extra list spot. Maybe a we swap 4th round picks.

If I'm Dev I'm not sure why I'd limit myself to only WCE. If he can't crack the team in the back half of the year and wants to leave then surely it'll be somewhere with more opportunity. A fourth rounder seems reasonable for someone who has been in and out of one of the best teams in the comp and who has played almost 50 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I'm Dev I'm not sure why I'd limit myself to only WCE. If he can't crack the team in the back half of the year and wants to leave then surely it'll be somewhere with more opportunity. A fourth rounder seems reasonable for someone who has been in and out of one of the best teams in the comp and who has played almost 50 games.
Do you honestly believe any other club would be looking at Dev?

If he wasn’t contracted, he’d be delisted, and maybe picked up in the rookie draft, similar to Keays.

Look at the ladder, and apart from Richmond and West Coast, almost every other club, except Adelaide, have decent to good starting midfields, and the last thing Adelaide need is two Keays. St Kilda’s mids are bad, but Dev is not what they need.

If he wasn’t contracted, he’d be delisted, and maybe picked up in the rookie draft, similar to Keays.

Look at the ladder, and apart from Richmond and West Coast, almost every other club, except Adelaide, have decent to good starting midfields, and the last thing Adelaide need is two Keays. St Kilda’s mids are bad, but Dev is not what they need.

Don't know. Opportunity doesn't mean starting midfield. It means he will be closer to starting midfield in the position that he is more suited to as depth than he will here. I don't agree that we would delist him this year if he wasn't contracted.

Dev seems a very similar mould to Keayes. A lot of energy, but skills letting him down so can’t nail first team spot.
Absolutely other teams would pick him up, he’s got a good profile thanks to the shirt incident and was almost a premiership player.
I wouldn’t be delisting him - but expect he’ll look for a trade at end of season (and didn’t need Mitch Cleary to tell me that!).

Prior is another one. No disrespect to him or the club, but he might be better off looking to continue elsewhere. In order to possibly continue his senior career, Jarryd Lyons should entertain the idea of a one year deal at a club like St.Kilda. The alternative for Lyons is retirement and for Prior it is a non AFL career in a lesser league. Prior would be a gun in the WAFL.

Now that he is back fit again, you would have to think that Dev would be the next cab off the rank as far as mid/forward depth goes. Next year might be a different story.
So a bit harsh for anyone to say that he would be delisted if out of contract. He is basically one of our best performers week in and week out in the VFL.
If he wasn’t injured for the best part of the Pre-season he could well still be in the team following on from last year.
He would be well worth a trade at the end of the year, but unlikely to get anything better than a third rounder.

Prior is another one. No disrespect to him or the club, but he might be better off looking to continue elsewhere. In order to possibly continue his senior career, Jarryd Lyons should entertain the idea of a one year deal at a club like St.Kilda.
I tend to agree with you with both. Lyons plays well above VFL level and would be still of value to a young team needing some experience and grunt in the middle.

Now that he is back fit again, you would have to think that Dev would be the next cab off the rank as far as mid/forward depth goes. Next year might be a different story.
So a bit harsh for anyone to say that he would be delisted if out of contract. He is basically one of our best performers week in and week out in the VFL.
If he wasn’t injured for the best part of the Pre-season he could well still be in the team following on from last year.
He would be well worth a trade at the end of the year, but unlikely to get anything better than a third rounder.

Could be Sharp

Back