List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people underestimate how unrewarding the wing position can be, particularly at wafl level. Pretty much everyone that plays that position for us get around 12-15 posessions on average and all wafl watchers will say they were poor. But I don't think as fans we get a true grasp of how well they are playing their role

When NOD played wing earlier this year and last year, his numbers/form was also very underwhelming. Since he's been back he has been playing a lot of inside mid and his numbers have obviously improved and hes looked very good. Cooper also suffers from that HF role he plays being hard to get involved.

NOD/Stanley and our list management decisions will be fascinating this year. It feels like there is such a wide range of outcomes for who could be delisted after the obvious few.

Williams can only really be replaced by one of those Irish guys. Given we trialled them I reckon it'll happen.
Ryan Bizzell is a chance as an NGA too. Has shown a fair bit in the back half of the year apparently

One of the irish guys or him would be an absolute certainty to take Williams' spot IMO

What are the odds of NOD kicking those goals on the run from 50m on the boundary, a 30% chance each time? To do it 4 or 5 times takes skill but there's a degree of luck too. He doesn't do it playing for Peel.

It's not like he's McLeod, Ablett, Dusty kicking 4 or 5 in a game but the goals he has kicked have been memorable and it increases peoples opinion of him.
I agree, and I was being mostly facetious, but as others have suggested, I think you're overlooking a bunch of his other good traits — not least of all pace and running ability, booming kick, inside potential, etc.

NOD appears to be playing skinny side wing. ES fat side. The fat side is definitly a unrewarding job in the WAFL, particularly at Peel as the ball appears to come out the front of stoppages pretty frequently. I think that NOD could well be the Acres replacement, he and MJ swapping between stoppages. ES, if he is still on the list, may just have to bide his time and see how JS goes moving forward. I think ES's disposal and evasiveness is better than JS.

I have longed for O'Driscoll's left foot many times when Sharp has been corralled against the boundary and they know he won't run onto his left foot to kick down the line. I like Sharp on the fat side when we are kicking to the train station end, but he shouldn't still play on that side with us crowding the interchange side when we are kicking towards the city.

NOD appears to be playing skinny side wing. ES fat side. The fat side is definitly a unrewarding job in the WAFL, particularly at Peel as the ball appears to come out the front of stoppages pretty frequently. I think that NOD could well be the Acres replacement, he and MJ swapping between stoppages. ES, if he is still on the list, may just have to bide his time and see how JS goes moving forward. I think ES's disposal and evasiveness is better than JS.
So NOD is the natural successor to JOM then if his best position is skinny side winger, he and Sharp could make quite the duo if JLo is brave enough to drop JOM.

I haven’t watched much WAFL this year. But goodness me, from what I’m reading here about NOD he should be parachuted straight into the AFL 22 on Thursday evening for the game v GWS on Sat.
Sharp hasn’t exactly set the world on fire the last couple of weeks and neither has Banfield or JOM.
If he’s back to 22 form - get him in.

It seems that we’re doomed to carry Fyfe and Walters into 2025. How can they be removed from the main list unless they volunteer to be paid out?

It seems that we’re doomed to carry Fyfe and Walters into 2025. How can they be removed from the main list unless they volunteer to be paid out?

I’d only want this to happen if I thought we had recruited someone better to play these roles.

Tbh I don’t think Erasmus being better than Fyfe next season is impossible. For Walters I honestly can’t see a decent replacement coming from within the club. We need a natural small forward - not an honest trier or HFF type.

Not doomed. Necessary. We need leaders. Collingwood have Pendlebury, Fremantle don’t have anything outside of Fyfe and Walters over 30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You clearly haven’t been watching closely enough if you think Fyfe hasn’t been a net positive for us this season.

There’s been rumours floating around that Fyfe it’s set to call time by the end of the year, but I can’t see it being true. He seems so desperate for that flag.

You clearly haven’t been watching closely enough if you think Fyfe hasn’t been a net positive for us this season.

There’s been rumours floating around that Fyfe it’s set to call time by the end of the year, but I can’t see it being true. He seems so desperate for that flag.
19 games this season. Best return since 2019. He’s valuable. We need leadership, and he’s crucial.

I have longed for O'Driscoll's left foot many times when Sharp has been corralled against the boundary and they know he won't run onto his left foot to kick down the line. I like Sharp on the fat side when we are kicking to the train station end, but he shouldn't still play on that side with us crowding the interchange side when we are kicking towards the city.
Think he should be playing wing (now he is fit) instead of JOM, let look to the future

I’d hate for Fyfe to do a Nathan Jones and miss a flag. But then again, I’d be thrilled if that were to happen….

Melbourne players coming out for trades..
Henry never made it to Melbourne to his mate Pickett.

Surely be asking about him. Definitely the price for him rather than Baker, Bolton, Warner. Exactly what we need
Agree completely. Pickett and even baker to a lesser extent would be great pickups compared to Bolton/warner due to how much they are likely to cost. If serong and young can start chipping in with regular goals from the midfield there is not such a void there.

I’m all for trading Darcy. Have been for a long time. He only plays half the season, and Geelong would give a reasonable deal. Shouldn’t have let go of Meek, he’s exactly what we would need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back