List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not getting Curtin anytime during his initial three year contract. If he comes back in that timeframe it'll be to WC.

1) Adelaide are hardly going to trade him after 1 year in which they didn't play him: He'd be worth the same at the end of next year (I.E. less than they paid).
2) We couldn't justify the resources that would be required in trade for a player that is years away from delivering near the top level.

Last edited:
So Barrass is back on the menu.

Linked to Dogs and Woods today, but if he does become available, you wouldn't count the Swans out either.

Just hope that if that is on the cards, Warner doesn't pick the toast.

So Barrass is back on the menu.

Linked to Dogs and Woods today, but if he does become available, you wouldn't count the Swans out either.

Just hope that if that is on the cards, Warner doesn't pick the toast.
Barrass is my cousin I haven’t heard anything, last year he didn’t peruse the Sydney thing because of his partner having there 2nd child and didn’t want to move such a young family over

Barrass is my cousin I haven’t heard anything, last year he didn’t peruse the Sydney thing because of his partner having there 2nd child and didn’t want to move such a young family over
Fair enough, brought up on todays gettable. Maybe just enquiries to the manager at this stage.

The interesting part about the Barrass story is Cal's wording of "West Coast also looking at doing work on his current deal."

To me that says he is relatively underpaid on his current deal, and teams are trying to pry him out with more money, and therefore WCE are open to renegotiationg his current deal. I'd assume he stays

Do we have any interest at all in Curtin?
We already have Draper and Davies as back up defenders of similar size.
Some of us think that Draper may eventually be capable in other positions.
Does this apply to Curtin?

Draper is quite versatile but not as much as Curtin who played mid, key back, running back last year in colts. Although I don’t see him coming to us as many have noted

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again tho , it’s a pretty easy decision to come up with if you just put yourself in Sydney’s shoes.

They’re smack bang in middle of a premiership window with their core right in the prime age.

Swans have literally zero incentive to trade chad end of this year.
Firstly it gives them another 12 mths to back the themselves to convince him to stay - which they’ve done a few times with players in the past and it’s worked .

Secondly more importantly if your Sydney would you honestly trade the bloke this year because it MAY mean you get slightly more at the trade table as opposed to next but almost guaranteeing your chance at B2B is severely diminished because you’ve traded arguably your best player and top 5 in the comp?
With added kicker of it being to a likely rival for said premiership?

If it was my team that did that I’d be ****en furious

Draft picks come and go every year.
Premierships are as rare as hens teeth.

As freo supporters we should know that more than anyway.
If i was them, I would not entertain a trade for a Chad in 2024. I agree with you on that.

Last edited:
The interesting part about the Barrass story is Cal's wording of "West Coast also looking at doing work on his current deal."

To me that says he is relatively underpaid on his current deal, and teams are trying to pry him out with more money, and therefore WCE are open to renegotiationg his current deal. I'd assume he stays

Gee if Barrass isn’t making coin where on earth is their cap going.

Oh that’s right, Gaff 🤣

Do we have any interest at all in Curtin?
We already have Draper and Davies as back up defenders of similar size.
Some of us think that Draper may eventually be capable in other positions.
Does this apply to Curtin?
It definitely applies to Curtin, but the rumour appears to have no substance. I got a little over excited at the prospect of Chapman and Curtin rotating wing/HBF.

Was thinking today, there is often a huge about of tough talk on the likes of BF from nuffy supporters like ourselves who think player X or Y can be “walked though the pre-season draft or traded on for massive unders or overs.
But in reality, players agents control the entire landscape. This especially applies to the big guns like Paul Connors or Robbie D’Orazio. No list manager worth their salt is burning a relationship with one of those guys for the next 10 years, just so they can take some B or C grader though a pre season draft and save themselves a second round pick or whatever. It’s not worth the long term cost.

These agents are uninteresting for general footy fans to talk or think about and most have no idea what they even look like but they generally get what they want and most likely you will never see any half decent player get to a club via a preseason draft having failed to agree a trade, ever again. It’s just not the done thing in the industry anymore.
The most you might see is players going marginally under fair value, or marginally over fair value, especially when they are OOC but that’s about it. Salary dumps are a bit different but they are generally done with the agents blessing again.

Was thinking today, there is often a huge about of tough talk on the likes of BF from nuffy supporters like ourselves who think player X or Y can be “walked though the pre-season draft or traded on for massive unders or overs.
But in reality, players agents control the entire landscape.
Are you trying to say that our hopeful musings, ignorant opinions and angry rants are NOT dictating the eventual trades?
Will Smith Reaction GIF

But in reality, players agents control the entire landscape. This especially applies to the big guns like Paul Connors or Robbie D’Orazio. No list manager worth their salt is burning a relationship with one of those guys for the next 10 years, just so they can take some B or C grader though a pre season draft and save themselves a second round pick or whatever. It’s not worth the long term cost.

These agents are uninteresting for general footy fans to talk or think about and most have no idea what they even look like but they generally get what they want and most likely you will never see any half decent player get to a club via a preseason draft having failed to agree a trade, ever again. It’s just not the done thing in the industry anymore.
The most you might see is players going marginally under fair value, or marginally over fair value, especially when they are OOC but that’s about it. Salary dumps are a bit different but they are generally done with the agents blessing again.
How Dare You Greta GIF

You've killed my dreams!

I've been saying this on here for years.

People on here act like the same player could be traded for a first rounder OOC and two first rounders when contracted.

The reality is, especially for the most valuable players, is that the difference is minimal compared to what most on here seem to think.

The above example would be more like a first and second OOC and two first rounders whilst contracted.

For players like Luke Jackson or Chad Warner being OOC really makes little difference in trade value IMO. We'll still pay a ****tonne next year for Warner - difference is this year Sydney can simply say no.

Player agents are often forgotten elements at this point. Relationships are at the forefront of their profession.

But some agents will be more open than others and have different agendas and tolerances. With any trade, supply and demand can play a big role depending on how the player wants to play it too. Big and strong personalities might be happier to hang it out there. It's not common now, but might become more common going forward as barriers are eroded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back