List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expected Rd1 Team

If Walker is out, Wagner or Worner in.
McDonald for Cox if he doesn't get up
If Switta doesn't get up. Ras/Simmo move up a spot.
Erasmus/Simpson as Sub

From zerohangar. Handy tool, as you can't double up, and you can see who you've left out

1708657812692.png

Expected Rd1 Team

Erasmus/Simpson as Sub

From zerohangar. Handy tool, as you can't double up, and you can see who you've left out

View attachment 1911448
Not a bad team but I’d have Wagner in and either Walker or Aish out.
Same besides. Possibly Erasmus instead of Emmett but I guess Tom deserves the chance to start the season as the incumbent.

Same besides. Possibly Erasmus instead of Emmett but I guess Tom deserves the chance to start the season as the incumbent.
Yeah, they're really the few spots that are last picked, maybe Brodie, but think he deserves a place.

I'm sure we thought that in '08 when we had an aging Farmer. :) Our last two AA smalls have been very low picks so I'm bullish on Delean. All about who can play the role, whether they end up being better, or as good as our current incumbents. I think in time Delean will show it. He's already shown too much ability to be considered a bust imo. He just needs to learn the systems.
I’m not at all opposed to drafting the likes of Delean. Last Oct for example, when a lot of the board on here wanted to keep hamling and we’re having mini melts at letting him go, I thought it was right to let him off to Sydney.
If we kept hamling, Delean probably doesn’t get drafted. The Corbett and Kuek list spots only opened up post draft from
Memory.

We should always be willing to let go ageing role players for an extra throw at the stumps with a late pick.

I just don’t want that to be the only strategy to draft small forwards. Its perfectly ok to spent pick 15-20 on a highly rated small and there’s a better chance of them being a gun then pick 60 that’s all.

The elephant in the Logan mcdonald room is Josh Treacy?
They cannot play on the same team. It’s quite feasible Treacy kicks 30 goals this year and is traded for a R2 pick when Logan arrives.

Before anyone says it - we cannot play 4 talls in attack.
Treacy does not clunk enough marks to be a defender either. Plus we have Cox and Pearce and Ryan back there.
Why cant we?? Teams like Port and Bulldogs are probably gonna be playing close to 4 talls. Personally i think we can play all 4 in Jackson, Amiss, Treacy and Mcdonald.

Port have Georgiades, Marshall, Dixon, Finlayson and Ollie Lord.

Expected Rd1 Team

Erasmus/Simpson as Sub

View attachment 1911448
I really like this team, unfortunately the MC will squeeze JOM in ahead of Brodie, Sturt or Emmett. Which is a shame as this looks like a lot of quality on every line.

Young/Brayshaw/Serong/Johnson/Ras/Jackson can't all play onball. 2 of them will have to play at least half the game in another position.

Still good problem to have.
Jackson up forward more than he's in the midfield. Should be 60% forward minimum if Darcy is fit.

Johnson on the wing at times when the genuine wingers need a rest. Think there's the attributes there to be a decent resting forward too tbh.

Erasmus would rest forward too.

Realistically they'll be 1-2 of these guys on the bench at all times so we've probably already solved the issue.

The issue is also having forwards that can go midfield (Simpson??) and also taking that into the equation. Probably need ten midfield options but can realistically only play 7-8 guys that are primarily mids plus Darcy.

Why cant we?? Teams like Port and Bulldogs are probably gonna be playing close to 4 talls. Personally i think we can play all 4 in Jackson, Amiss, Treacy and Mcdonald.

Port have Georgiades, Marshall, Dixon, Finlayson and Ollie Lord.
I'll eat a hat if all those Port players get named in a team at once

Expected Rd1 Team

Erasmus/Simpson as Sub

View attachment 1911448
so this is not mine but apparently the most selected players by 'Fremantle fans' in each position (note no Treacy o_O)
1708661946465.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MG is closer to Sturt than an actual KPF and I think crazy Ken still likes Finlayson as ruck/fwd so one of Dixon (old/hurt) or Lord misses out probably
From memory i think Georgiades and Treacy are the same height nearly. You would probably say that Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall and Finlayson all play though if your Port.

Jacksons versatility to me is the reason Mcdonald is a no brainer

From memory i think Georgiades and Treacy are the same height nearly. You would probably say that Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall and Finlayson all play though if your Port.

Jacksons versatility to me is the reason Mcdonald is a no brainer
It's not about the height, it's about agility / speed and MG is much more agile than Treacy. It's just such diminishing returns on what is their best asset, marking, there's only so much room in the forward 50 before they start running into each other at every contest. At the very least, you'd have to get Jackson spending a lot more time on ball

The 3 non-negotiables for JLo are Aish, JOM and Switta. So when planning your b22 those are the first three names you gotta throw up. That should make deciding between those others names yoy mentioned easier.

Sonny was 53
Schultz 58
Cameron a rookie
Elliot a prelist (generally comparable to a 30s pick)
Bedford in the 40s I think
Hill was like 25?

Kozi the only one in the top 15 that you named

I think it's a fair assessment that you can pick elite smalls lower in the draft
Thank you! To add to that, smalls are largely dependent on the whole team performing. Yes, you can get smalls kicking a lot in underperforming teams but then again that would support the counter argument that smalls don't win games when they're the only one playing well.

It's smalls in successful TEAMS that get it done, regardless of draft position. Sonny had a couple of lean years while we were getting outplayed as a team but has bounced back when the team can compete better.

If Freo as a team start winning big, I'd expect ANY of our smalls to have the required impact, regardless of draft position.

Thank you! To add to that, smalls are largely dependent on the whole team performing. Yes, you can get smalls kicking a lot in underperforming teams but then again that would support the counter argument that smalls don't win games when they're the only one playing well.

It's smalls in successful TEAMS that get it done, regardless of draft position. Sonny had a couple of lean years while we were getting outplayed as a team but has bounced back when the team can compete better.

If Freo as a team start winning big, I'd expect ANY of our smalls to have the required impact, regardless of draft position.
100%

There is a reason why Puopolo kicked bags of 4 and 5 in the 2013-2015 period and was barely sighted post 2016. It's the position most reliant on others to get them into the game.

I’m not at all opposed to drafting the likes of Delean. Last Oct for example, when a lot of the board on here wanted to keep hamling and we’re having mini melts at letting him go, I thought it was right to let him off to Sydney.
If we kept hamling, Delean probably doesn’t get drafted. The Corbett and Kuek list spots only opened up post draft from
Memory.

We should always be willing to let go ageing role players for an extra throw at the stumps with a late pick.

I just don’t want that to be the only strategy to draft small forwards. Its perfectly ok to spent pick 15-20 on a highly rated small and there’s a better chance of them being a gun then pick 60 that’s all.
For sure, I can understand drafting the role higher up in the draft to nail someone that everyone's aware of and more ready made but I'm thinking the club's own scouts can internally see these low picks have the tools but just need the extra training.

It'd be worth looking at this statistically. Gut feel says it would be more on the quality of the player. I reckon someone the quality of Cyril Rioli actually lifts the potency of the team, rather than the other way round. Any forward, big or small, is going to find playing in a struggling team more challenging. The higher quality players will still put in great performances.

100%

There is a reason why Puopolo kicked bags of 4 and 5 in the 2013-2015 period and was barely sighted post 2016. It's the position most reliant on others to get them into the game.
To be fair puopulo had two of the best small forwards of all time beside him so it’s not like Hawthorn ignored this area of the ground and just put some scrubs in their to fill the positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back