List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just say no to Clayton Oliver

He's done very little of that across his career, though.

I think the fact that he's an introvert should be pretty obvious?
Have never met him but in listening to his every segment this year you get a feel for a personality.
I find his manner prickly and not liking it when challenged like Kym Dillon does.
Also he completely lied on radio when he was spotted in Calvary hospital by a regular.
He said straight out “the caller should get his eyes checked”
NEC day apologised on radio profusely for lying !
Fair enough wanted to mask an injury but don’t trust guys when lies roll of the tongue so
nonchalantly.

It'd be great if we got on the front foot with Lairdy and said to him he won't be in the midfield at all in 2025, and will be competing for a HBF/pocket spot with (for which he is not currently first or second choice) and that if he wants security, he would be advised to seek a 4 year deal elsewhere. We will facilitate* it for a second round pick

*do NOT put it in writing

ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT”: CROWS SET TO PURSUE DONS RUCKMAN DRAPER NEXT OFF-SEASON​

BY SEN AN HOUR AGO
19EsAd24MW01134.jpg

Adelaide is set to make a big push to sign Essendon’s Sam Draper next off-season according to AFL Media’s Cal Twomey.
Draper becomes a restricted free agent at the end of next season and with the 26-year-old hailing from South Australia, Twomey is certain that the Crows will make him a big target for 2026 and beyond and may have already started planning on trying to bring him in.

While Twomey expects the Crows to come for the ruckman, he says that the 73-gamer has been very happy at Essendon and hasn’t previously looked to return to Adelaide across his eight years at Tullamarine.
“Adelaide will come hard for Sam Draper, I've got absolutely no doubt about that,” Twomey told AFL Trade Radio.
“Maybe they already have started those conversations as well.
“But I think that the Bombers and we'll be keen to re-sign him and also he's got a pretty steady life in Melbourne as well and hasn't previously looked to go back to South Australia.”
“He's been very happy at the Bombers.”

While Adelaide has been targeting big names from other clubs that are South Australian, Twomey thinks that the push to sign Draper also makes sense from a list perspective with current No. 1 ruck Reilly O’Brien turning 30 next year.
“But I do think that the Crows will be well and truly in his ear about getting him to their footy club as a South Australian,” Twomey said.
“But also, for their ruck stocks too because Reilly O’Brien is coming into the back end of his career.
“They also had a crack at Ned Moyle earlier in the year.
“So that's clearly something that I think they'd be targeting.”
Draper has been Essendon’s No. 1 ruck since midway through the 2021 campaign.
ESSENDONADELAIDE CROWS

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/10...s-st-kilda-after-telling-battle-not-to-attend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT”: CROWS SET TO PURSUE DONS RUCKMAN DRAPER NEXT OFF-SEASON​

BY SEN AN HOUR AGO
19EsAd24MW01134.jpg

Adelaide is set to make a big push to sign Essendon’s Sam Draper next off-season according to AFL Media’s Cal Twomey.
Draper becomes a restricted free agent at the end of next season and with the 26-year-old hailing from South Australia, Twomey is certain that the Crows will make him a big target for 2026 and beyond and may have already started planning on trying to bring him in.

While Twomey expects the Crows to come for the ruckman, he says that the 73-gamer has been very happy at Essendon and hasn’t previously looked to return to Adelaide across his eight years at Tullamarine.
“Adelaide will come hard for Sam Draper, I've got absolutely no doubt about that,” Twomey told AFL Trade Radio.
“Maybe they already have started those conversations as well.
“But I think that the Bombers and we'll be keen to re-sign him and also he's got a pretty steady life in Melbourne as well and hasn't previously looked to go back to South Australia.”
“He's been very happy at the Bombers.”

While Adelaide has been targeting big names from other clubs that are South Australian, Twomey thinks that the push to sign Draper also makes sense from a list perspective with current No. 1 ruck Reilly O’Brien turning 30 next year.
“But I do think that the Crows will be well and truly in his ear about getting him to their footy club as a South Australian,” Twomey said.
“But also, for their ruck stocks too because Reilly O’Brien is coming into the back end of his career.
“They also had a crack at Ned Moyle earlier in the year.
“So that's clearly something that I think they'd be targeting.”
Draper has been Essendon’s No. 1 ruck since midway through the 2021 campaign.
ESSENDONADELAIDE CROWS

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/10...s-st-kilda-after-telling-battle-not-to-attend

1) Not convinced at ALL. I’d doubt we’re after him. He’s bog ordinary.
2) if posting a link you don’t need to post the entire page.

1) Not convinced at ALL. I’d doubt we’re after him. He’s bog ordinary.
2) if posting a link you don’t need to post the entire page.

I'd rather we get smart with our drafting and get Dodson this year so we actually have a long term plan for the Ruck position as opposed to iffy stop gap options like Sam Draper.

I'd rather we get smart with our drafting and get Dodson this year so we actually have a long term plan for the Ruck position as opposed to iffy stop gap options like Sam Draper.
The way the cards are falling I think that will pass us by unfortunately.
So much else going on to take advantage of it seems, still shaping as a good trade period for us.

we probably need a bridge between ROB and Dodson.
Not sure Draper is the answer. Not a great tap ruckman, AND doesn't seem to do enough around the ground.
Free agent makes him more tempting, but he's not going to move unless he's paid decent coin

The way the cards are falling I think that will pass us by unfortunately.
So much else going on to take advantage of it seems, still shaping as a good trade period for us.
Not necessarily. They will use F1 somehow and go all in this year otherwise everybody is getting the sack

It'd be great if we got on the front foot with Lairdy and said to him he won't be in the midfield at all in 2025, and will be competing for a HBF/pocket spot with (for which he is not currently first or second choice) and that if he wants security, he would be advised to seek a 4 year deal elsewhere. We will facilitate* it for a second round pick

*do NOT put it in writing
I don't see a fit for Laird on any team in the AFL, if we want him gone, we'd probably have to attach a pick to him to get him off the books.. we're stuck with him, only hope is we faze him out in the Sanfl over the first half of the year

I don't see a fit for Laird on any team in the AFL, if we want him gone, we'd probably have to attach a pick to him to get him off the books.. we're stuck with him, only hope is we faze him out in the Sanfl over the first half of the year
WC is the obvious fit

need experienced players
pyke ceo

north taking parker so they wont want him

He will be top 3 in the B&F eight years in a row.

And no side in the entire AFL would want him??

WC is the obvious fit

need experienced players
pyke ceo

north taking parker so they wont want him
Yeah I disagree, they want good experience..

Someone like Parker would speak, connect well and drive up the training requirements with the players, still offers years of good football on top of that

What does Laird offer, generally for a player to leave, they want added years on-top, is that a good move for WC?

The Bulldogs are losing Macrae, Smith and Daniel. They've got very little depth in the midfield and even less across HB.

He'd be a good fit for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back