List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we pretty easily could have fit a second MSD pick even if it was an 18 month contract

If there was a player we rated still available, we wouldn't have heard anything about not being able to fit them in.

I think that kind of talk is just the club's way of saying "if any of the other available rookies do turn out good in the future, it's not that we overlooked their talent, it's just that our hands were tied".

If both Welsh and Turray develop into AFL standard players, would we say a forward line of Turray/RT/Fog/Welsh is too tall?
You’d hope if RT and Turray are in the same side one of them is ruck. It’s been over 20 years since Dean Cox started playing as an extra midfielder, not sure why we’re still playing lumberjacks who can’t contribute as a ball player.

RT always said he wanted to play as a mid.

You’d hope if RT and Turray are in the same side one of them is ruck. It’s been over 20 years since Dean Cox started playing as an extra midfielder, not sure why we’re still playing lumberjacks who can’t contribute as a ball player.

RT always said he wanted to play as a mid.
I don't like RT as a ruck purely because of the physical punishment they take. He's already had a couple of knee issues. We've got too much invested in him to risk him there as anything more than a pinch hitter. Using RT as a ruck is like taking a Rolls Royce into a demolition derby - even if you win, it's not worth the damage.

b9c430ef-3f51-4cf2-993d-a253cc9ca435_text.gif

If both Welsh and Turray develop into AFL standard players, would we say a forward line of Turray/RT/Fog/Welsh is too tall?
No.

Welsh is not your standard tall like the other 3, his elite turn of speed would leave the other 3 in his dust when it comes to applying defensive pressure.

I think we pretty easily could have fit a second MSD pick even if it was an 18 month contract

Out of contract rookies: Parnell, Borlase, Hamill. Delist two for Murray and a second pick (Parnell and Hamill most likely).

We were also running 38 senior and 4 rookies, so could go up to 6 rookies through delisting some seniors if we wanted rookie/SSP/MSD slots

Should be moving at least five players off the senior list (McHenry, Gollant, Bond (all delisted), Himmelberg (FA), Smith (retired)) anyway

The rest of the out of contract players retained. Cook 2 year deal, Berry 1 year deal, Walker 1 year if he wants to continue. Sholl's contract would depend on if he's in the team at the end of the year which he rarely has been

McHenry is zero chance of being delisted. Traded maybe but he will be on an AFL list next year (I would put money on him being on ours)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

McHenry is zero chance of being delisted. Traded maybe but he will be on an AFL list next year (I would put money on him being on ours)
... and I wouldn't bet on Smith retiring (or being delisted) either. That's pure wishful thinking and/or BF groupthink.

... and I wouldn't bet on Smith retiring (or being delisted) either. That's pure wishful thinking and/or BF groupthink.
If he’s met his trigger, he’s definitely playing on, as much as I don’t love to see it (though he was better against the Eagles)

No.

Welsh is not your standard tall like the other 3, his elite turn of speed would leave the other 3 in his dust when it comes to applying defensive pressure.
Sounds good to me!
I've only seen a couple of clips of Welsh,
are we talking elite off the mark? or breakaway with ball in hand?
elite for a big forward or elite elite?

Who's the best player comparison you have for him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he’s met his trigger, he’s definitely playing on, as much as I don’t love to see it (though he was better against the Eagles)
Yep, we'll just roll with the same list, same coaches and then act surprised when we miss finals again. Can always get blame injuries or the umpires again I suppose.

I agree. We won't turn over enough of our list again and continue to be mediocre

I agree. We won't turn over enough of our list again and continue to be mediocre

We won’t have a large list turnover

I expect us to get 1-2 free agents/trade ins
2 at the draft maybe our first pick and Welsh points from the rest of our picks.
Maybe a rookie
So 5 changes would be my guess

I suspect Parnell goes, EH goes, Burgess maybe, Sloane and then probably Bond

Then depending on who the trade ins our possibly Borlase

I think one of Hamill/McHenry stays, and one departs. If Ned stays, he goes to the rookie list

I can’t see Gollant sticking around with Welsh coming in

Bond is a weird one, he probably goes at this point but maybe hasn’t received a whole lot of opportunity

So with Sloane and EH, that’ll be 5 senior list spots to fill. Maybe three draft picks, and two players as FA/trade ins?

We won’t have a large list turnover

I expect us to get 1-2 free agents/trade ins
2 at the draft maybe our first pick and Welsh points from the rest of our picks.
Maybe a rookie
So 5 changes would be my guess

I suspect Parnell goes, EH goes, Burgess maybe, Sloane and then probably Bond

Then depending on who the trade ins our possibly Borlase

Burgess will be fine as back up

I do think we wont do too many deep cuts - I think it depends on who says yes to coming here

I think Gollant might get squeezed out

Sounds good to me!

Jake Stringer.

If he remains out of the AFL side for the rest of the year he may be a chance to move on. Or maybe at least moved to the rookie list. I don't think he is 100% safe right now.

Sounds good to me!

Best comparison for Tyler Welsh ? .......Scott Welsh

Sounds good to me!

You can't believe how much I want this answer to be Harley Reid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back