List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MSD isn't very inspiring anyway. These are all players who have been overlooked 4+ times before.
... yet there are MSD playing AFL...

Given the number of players we need to replace, we should take the free hits.

... yet there are MSD playing AFL...

Given the number of players we need to replace, we should take the free hits.
I'm not saying that we shouldn't give it a go... just don't set your expectations too high.

Based on players selected in previous MSDs (league-wide), there's a 90% probability that the player selected will be worse than Parnell.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't give it a go... just don't set your expectations too high.

Based on players selected in previous MSDs (league-wide), there's a 90% probability that the player selected will be worse than Parnell.
Got to be in it to win it... & given how many vacancies we have, this is the time we should be using it.

So at most 2 picks. Do we need to complete paperwork today for a player to go on the inactive list?
At least Hamish knows it's on this year

It's not like these list spots won't be filled at the end of the year though.

A pick at the arse end of the national draft is no less a pick than a MSRD pick.
I think its more we re-sign players instead of picking an arse end pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam durham has given me faith that you can find talent in the Mid-Season draft.
No. 9, 2021 Mid-season draft.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Durham is an absolute ripper.

Jai Newcombe is also a top 5 player at his club.

Marlion Pickett was playing some great footy before he went all Oceans 11 from Wish.

John Noble is pretty handy and very unlucky not to play in a premiership last year.

Ned Moyle will still likely have a nice career somewhere. He’s a better ruckman than a lot of current starting AFL rucks and just needs to be traded.

Peatling is turning into a really handy player.

Jordan Boyd has looked good for the Blues in recent times.

D’ambrosio is starting to rack it up.

Definitely some gems to be found. But yeah, McLennan ain’t it.

Wouldn’t be shocked if he’s right, probably at our second pick

Fair to say it’s not a pick that I’d find inspiring
Maybe but he would immediately be in the top 4 or 5 kicks (maybe higher) on our list. Good one on one player, composure is also top end and very good overhead for a player his size. Could do worse I think.

If both Welsh and Turray develop into AFL standard players, would we say a forward line of Turray/RT/Fog/Welsh is too tall?

If both Welsh and Turray develop into AFL standard players, would we say a forward line of Turray/RT/Fog/Welsh is too tall?

I reckon you could make it work. The big reason is TT doesn't play like a 200 cm player and more built towards being a classical CHF, and from what I've seen/know of Murray is he does.

Let TT roam up the field, keep Murray deep (+ give him second ruck duties) and play Welsh/Fog as a third/fourth tall with one of them roaming and one set up deeper. The risk is you end up with a structure like ours in 2017 where its very feast or famine, but if you get the smalls and the outside game right, it should work.

Last edited:
I think we pretty easily could have fit a second MSD pick even if it was an 18 month contract

Out of contract rookies: Parnell, Borlase, Hamill. Delist two for Murray and a second pick (Parnell and Hamill most likely).

We were also running 38 senior and 4 rookies, so could go up to 6 rookies through delisting some seniors if we wanted rookie/SSP/MSD slots

Should be moving at least five players off the senior list (McHenry, Gollant, Bond (all delisted), Himmelberg (FA), Smith (retired)) anyway

The rest of the out of contract players retained. Cook 2 year deal, Berry 1 year deal, Walker 1 year if he wants to continue. Sholl's contract would depend on if he's in the team at the end of the year which he rarely has been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back