List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bond has earned himself another year I’d say .

Walker - 1 year
Berry - trade for a second round
Cook - 2 year
Hamill - really hasn’t put a foot wrong this year. Trade for more opportunities or 1 year
McHenry - easy delist
Smith - development coach
Himmelberg - will walk to gws.
Borlase - depth 1 year
Parnell - easy delist
Sholl - 2 year
Bond - 1 year
Gollant - trade for more opportunities or 1 year
Sloane : retired

List vacancies
Main: Berry
McHenry
Smith
Himmelberg
Sloane
Gollant

Rookies
Parnell

In;
First round : best mid with pace
Second round : wing with pace that is able to hit the scoreboard
Welsh

I’d then look to fill list holes like a Ruck, and small forward.

I prefer to look at it over two years rather than one in isolation.

So I would imagine the likely 2024 or 2025 departures are:

Parnell
McHenry
Sloane
Burgess
Tex (2025)
Smith (2025)
Strachan (2025)
Crouch (2025)

That’s 8 players over two years which is a reasonable turnover.

Add a couple that are rumoured to be leaving, Keane and Himmelberg and we are up to 10 departures.

Others have been passed and are unlikely to feature long-term, Schoenberg, Jones for example.

Clubs are holding tight with their free agents and it’s becoming very difficult to turn over more than 5-6 players a year. For this reason, reckon we need to keep the likes of Berry, Borlase and Gollant for another couple of seasons.

Parnell
McHenry
Sloane
Burgess
Tex (2025)
Smith (2025)
Strachan (2025)
Crouch (2025)

Add a couple that are rumoured to be leaving, Keane and Himmelberg and we are up to 10 departures.

Others have been passed and are unlikely to feature long-term, Schoenberg, Jones for example.

Clubs are holding tight with their free agents and it’s becoming very difficult to turn over more than 5-6 players a year. For this reason, reckon we need to keep the likes of Berry, Borlase and Gollant for another couple of seasons.
Any chance we can sneak Murphy into that departure list ?

I'm still hopeful we might do some left of centre things.

Trade for Alex Davies, say. Tim English as a free agent. Jack Graham and Cumming as well.

There's some genuine list improvements we can make while still hopefully having two picks before Welsh.

Davies is rubbish, can’t find the footy. Graham is also a spud. English is also a donkey who can’t ruck, lost every hitout battle this season. Dogs board want him lowballed or gone. Cumming is the one to go for

Davies is rubbish, can’t find the footy. Graham is also a spud. English is also a donkey who can’t ruck, lost every hitout battle this season. Dogs board want him lowballed or gone. Cumming is the one to go for

Yeah, that's wrong about Davies. Got 20 disposals against the PAPs today.

Graham is maybe fair enough - but English was the AA ruck just last year. He's miles better than what we have, for maybe $350k more a year. I'd happily have him.

How would they get him for free? Not a free agent next year or the year after or the one after that.

Right now they have Frampton as a 1st choice key back, so Keane is a need for them. Issue is they don't have a 1st round pick this year and they sure as hell aren't going to trade next year's first and not have a 1st round pick 2 years in a row and have just Shulz and Keane to show for it. Their supporters would burn the place down.

If we're honest with ourselves, we probably wouldn't pony up a 1st for Keane either. Will be 25 start of next season, as good an interceptor as he is, he's a very average 1v1 defender. Also could take off back to Ireland to get on the drink again at any time. They're pretty light on picks though, might be the best opportunity we'll get to winkle Beau McCreery out of there; exactly what we don't have, monster upgrade on Murphy.
McCreary swap for Keane might work.

Out: Sloane (ret), Gollant (del), McHenry (del), Himmelberg (GWS), Smith (rookie); Keane (Coll), Parnell (del)

Keane, F2 for Coll F1
Coll F1 for late 1st in this year's draft
Sign Cumming
Sign random other FA or trade for a fringe player we rate highly using F3

Draft Lalor/Draper/Lindsay with our first, Kako/Berry with the late 1st, match Welsh bid using Melb 2nd (and EH compo if it falls before pick 40)

In: Cumming, unknown fringe trade target, Lalor/Draper/Lindsay, Kako/Berry, Welsh; Smith, Turray

If y'all can understand that :p

Yeah, that's wrong about Davies. Got 20 disposals against the PAPs today.

Graham is maybe fair enough - but English was the AA ruck just last year. He's miles better than what we have, for maybe $350k more a year. I'd happily have him.

No one in the right mind will offer English a big contract after watching him this year. He is a fairy in the ruck contest.

It speaks for itself - the Dogs are not offering him what he wants and clubs have pulled out on offers for him. He is also a major concusssion risk. Paying up for him is suicide, he is already the clear whipping boy on the Dogs board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one in the right mind will offer English a big contract after watching him this year. He is a fairy in the ruck contest.

It speaks for itself - the Dogs are not offering him what he wants and clubs have pulled out on offers for him. He is also a major concusssion risk. Paying up for him is suicide, he is already the clear whipping boy on the Dogs board.
Lol, who gives a shit what the geniuses on the Bulldogs Bigfooty board think?

He was the All Australian ruck last year. The Bulldogs have been incredibly inconsistent this year, and even then he's been a lot better than Grundy has been for the last few years. And he's somehow proven people how wrong they were.

English can actually act as a professional footballer in things other than ruck contests, which immediately makes him a massive improvement.

Why? Players have always seemed to like him.
What reason would there be to think otherwise?

I just think he’s moved down the pecking quite heavily. He’s not a regular anymore. I’ve just got a hunch he will get moved on this off season

Lol, who gives a shit what the geniuses on the Bulldogs Bigfooty board think?

He was the All Australian ruck last year. The Bulldogs have been incredibly inconsistent this year, and even then he's been a lot better than Grundy has been for the last few years. And he's somehow proven people how wrong they were.

English can actually act as a professional footballer in things other than ruck contests, which immediately makes him a massive improvement.

I dont know why you make comment when you obviously haven't watched him this year. The dogs themselves are not offering him what he wants, its not just the supporters.

I dont know why you make comment when you obviously haven't watched him this year. The dogs themselves are not offering him what he wants, its not just the supporters.

That he's playing so poorly under the pressure of a contract year should be a huge red flag

Parnell
McHenry
Sloane
Burgess
Tex (2025)
Smith (2025)
Strachan (2025)
Crouch (2025)

It would be negligent to have all of Walker, Smith and Crouch go at the same time.
A real club would have one of them going this year - and we all know who it is.

With the development, granted, slowly, Billy Dowling, Zac Taylor, Jack Soligo, Izac Rankine, Josh Rachele and Daniel Curtin and Hugh Bond.

I'd be OK if Sam Berry and Lachlan Sholl request a trade. They are not A Grade players, but they are not terrible players either. They are good role players who we have mote than enough cover for.
Sholl is currently our best wingman.

We should not be trading out best 22 players.

We need to be adding to our best 30 squad, not reducing like last year.

Berry is best 30, so we should only be trading him out if we are bringing someone else with experience in.

That he's playing so poorly under the pressure of a contract year should be a huge red flag

So poorly is a fair stretch - he isn’t playing to his AA form last year but this is still arguably the second best year of his career. Miles ahead of the two blokes we have

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could Tex play on the wing, a la Richardson in the twilight of his career? Imagine his leg going inside 50. Some of the best wingers in the league keep their shape wide of the play. Tex has the tank to do this.
Not late in his career.

Thilthorpe is the one who could play off a wing, but would be a waste.

I hope Tex's body is OK to play on next year, but his games need to be managed.

It would be negligent to have all of Walker, Smith and Crouch go at the same time.
A real club would have one of them going this year - and we all know who it is.
One should have gone last year

Because of this exact reason - now we cant get rid of anyone which pushes the can down the road and next minute Tex is 40 and still on the books

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back