List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This looks remarkably like the conversation that I had with one of my brothers this morning.

The only other name to consider is Keane. If he really is leaving for Collingwood, do we trade this year for greater return, or hold until 2025 and try to convince him to stay? Keane this year should be worth at least a good second rounder. Collingwood can't trade the second they hold, but their future first with our second going back would be nice.
We don't trade Keane unless we are bringing back in an experienced player.

We must increase our depth not reduce it.

We hold the cards as he is contracted.

We don't trade Keane unless we are bringing back in an experienced player.

We must increase our depth not reduce it.

We hold the cards as he is contracted.
I think the exception is if we can somehow get an F1 out of Collingwood (if we attach a pick to Keane)

Otherwise, he stays for another year

No one in the right mind will offer English a big contract after watching him this year. He is a fairy in the ruck contest.

It speaks for itself - the Dogs are not offering him what he wants and clubs have pulled out on offers for him. He is also a major concusssion risk. Paying up for him is suicide, he is already the clear whipping boy on the Dogs board.

Might want to edit that post.

It would be negligent to have all of Walker, Smith and Crouch go at the same time.
A real club would have one of them going this year - and we all know who it is.
Smith should go at the end of this season.
Tex the following year, but managed next season.
Crouch has plenty of years left.

Laird is the one that also needs to be discussed. Return to the backline or we need to trade as we should be using other inside midfield options.

I think the exception is if we can somehow get an F1 out of Collingwood (if we attach a pick to Keane)

Otherwise, he stays for another year
Only if we bring back in another experienced player like Cummings as a FA.

We must go into next season with a squad containing more experience (excluding Sloane)... as we had less depth this year than last & it has shown as we have had injuries.

Only if we bring back in another experienced player like Cummings as a FA.

We must go into next season with a squad containing more experience (excluding Sloane)... as we had less depth this year than last & it has shown as we have had injuries.
I agree, finding a quality FA or two that address a need is a must. It’s also dependent on if we can move that Coll F1 into this year’s draft, for mine (accelerating the time the guy we draft is capable of being in the 22)

But we aren’t winning a premiership next year, so if the above circumstances line up, I’m happy to roll with Butts/Murray next year (and then chase Petty/Ballard in 2025) if it means we can address a glaring gap in the long-term

I just think he’s moved down the pecking quite heavily. He’s not a regular anymore. I’ve just got a hunch he will get moved on this off season

They won't want wholesale changes and they'll still believe we're contending and require experienced/hardened injury cover. Reckon it'll be a late decision and will depend on our gain/loss through trade/FA.

It would be negligent to have all of Walker, Smith and Crouch go at the same time.
A real club would have one of them going this year - and we all know who it is.

Crouch technically doesn't need to go next year though, he's not slowing down. If we valued what he brought this year, he's got probably 4-5 more years of it to give.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That he's playing so poorly under the pressure of a contract year should be a huge red flag
That's an interesting point.

Personally, after everyone saying that Grundy was finished, I'm hesitant to write off someone with English's talent. The Bulldogs seem like an inconsistent environment all round.

Smith should go at the end of this season.
Tex the following year, but managed next season.
Crouch has plenty of years left.

Laird is the one that also needs to be discussed. Return to the backline or we need to trade as we should be using other inside midfield options.
100% agree with all of this.
I'd trade Laird. He will have some currency, he's surplus to requirements and doesn't have a clear position.

A smart and bold club would make the trade.
We won't, but a smart club would.

I'd trade Laird. He will have some currency, he's surplus to requirements and doesn't have a clear position.

Laird would have to be agreeable and he doesn't seem the type of character that would be interested in moving interstate at this point in his career....just wishful thinking to think otherwise.

I’d push them both out. We’ve got enough options coming through that we don’t need a guy that can only play 1 role and can’t spread from the contest. We’re not contending in 2025 and I’m very confident that 2026 will be better for not wasting midfield minutes on Crouch or Laird. We probably need to keep Berry though, but that’d be more likely without the 2 crabs on the list.

Lol, who gives a shit what the geniuses on the Bulldogs Bigfooty board think?

He was the All Australian ruck last year. The Bulldogs have been incredibly inconsistent this year, and even then he's been a lot better than Grundy has been for the last few years. And he's somehow proven people how wrong they were.

English can actually act as a professional footballer in things other than ruck contests, which immediately makes him a massive improvement.

Choosing to spend significant salary cap on a ruck instead of a midfielder would be foolish.

McHenry is a very likeable fella. He's great with people, always happy to chat and has a very outgoing/engaging personality. Could be great in the media.
Unfortunately, his football doesn't match.
*** thought this discussion was about Laird

We are probably just going to have to wait out his contract and hope his form deteriorates to the point even Nicks is forced to drop him.

Last edited:
We are probably just going to have to wait out his contract and hope his form deteriorates to the point even Nicks is forced to drop him.
In case you hadn't noticed, McHenry HAS been dropped - he's only played 1x AFL game since R11.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back