List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure that we'd be delisting Gollant because we signed Burgess. We'll be delisting Gollant because he's just no good. He'd be gone regardless of whether or not we signed Burgess last year.
There's some talent with Gollant - you saw it again today.

But the list squeeze probably gets him.

Gollant has talent.

Burgess does not for AFL level.

Gollant deserves a recall next week after kicking 8 goals.
Neither have talent required for AFL level.

Happy for Gollant to be given another game next week, but it really would amount to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Who would he replace? Not a lot of point in resting Tex at this point, given that his career potentially has just 2 games left after today.

I'm not sure that we'd be delisting Gollant because we signed Burgess. We'll be delisting Gollant because he's just no good. He'd be gone regardless of whether or not we signed Burgess last year.
One of Burgess or Gollant would be retained as depth. I’d much, much rather Gollant who’s at least still got somewhat of a ceiling than Burgess.

Happy for Gollant to be given another game next week, but it really would amount to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Who would he replace? Not a lot of point in resting Tex at this point, given that his career potentially has just 2 games left after today.
Tex will be playing next season... so he can come in for Tex.

One of Burgess or Gollant would be retained as depth. I’d much, much rather Gollant who’s at least still got somewhat of a ceiling than Burgess.
I don't see either of them as having anything to offer at AFL level, so it's a moot point. I also think Gollant would be gone this year, even if we didn't have Burgess on the list.

Listen to the panel verdict on the great looking bust, that is Jack Lukosius .....from 15 min 10 sec mark

I have already explained it to you... but you just don't get it!
I get what you're saying... you're trying to have it both ways.

On the one hand, you're saying that Tex will be playing in 2025, and we should be planning for 2025. On the other hand, we you're arguing that we should be selecting Gollant to plan for 2025, despite the very low probability of him even being on our list in 2025.

You're arguing a lose-lose debate.

I get what you're saying... you're trying to have it both ways.

On the one hand, you're saying that Tex will be playing in 2025, and we should be planning for 2025. On the other hand, we you're arguing that we should be selecting Gollant to plan for 2025, despite the very low probability of him even being on our list in 2025.

You're arguing a lose-lose debate.
Nah, you still don't get it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question. It would guarantee Draper or FOS for us at 2. Pick 4, possibly. So a pick swap. IF we were absolutely wedded to Draper and were scared WCE were going to take him, then i would do this as it could get us Dodson as well.

Crows
In: picks 2 and 22.
Out: picks 4 and f1

North
In: 4 & f1
Out: 2 & 22.

I guess north are still going to get the guy they probably like at 4 and upgrade their 2nd this year to a f1 next year.

I am sure Mutineer & Jeffcrowe could throw some names at us at pick 22 that would be good gets this year. But ultimately its a pay for guaranteeing that player we really covet this year at next years expense
With tonight’s win - if we get up in the Showdown next week and the Saints lose out (plus they get band 1 for Battle), I have to wonder if this could be a real possibility

6 is clearly out of Draper range, so if we’re enamoured with him, 6 and F1 for 2 and 22 (or North’s F2) could be a deal North accepts, and would make more sense for us than if we were giving pick 4

FWIW I’m not sure it’d be worth it, as the likes of Lindsay/Lalor/Allan are likely to be available then and are close to, if not level with Draper as prospects IMO. But it’s a move I can see the club biting the bullet on

Tex is playing next year

They’re not letting him play a last home game without a celebration

With tonight’s win - if we get up in the Showdown next week and the Saints lose out (plus they get band 1 for Battle), I have to wonder if this could be a real possibility

6 is clearly out of Draper range, so if we’re enamoured with him, 6 and F1 for 2 and 22 (or North’s F2) could be a deal North accepts, and would make more sense for us than if we were giving pick 4

FWIW I’m not sure it’d be worth it, as the likes of Lindsay/Lalor/Allan are likely to be available then and are close to, if not level with Draper as prospects IMO. But it’s a move I can see the club biting the bullet on
I wouldn’t be trading up this draft

Lot of IF’s to finish above saints too , doubt it happens

I don't see either of them as having anything to offer at AFL level, so it's a moot point. I also think Gollant would be gone this year, even if we didn't have Burgess on the list.
What you don't get is all clubs need decent depth and given his age Gollant should be retained.

What you don't get is all clubs need decent depth and given his age Gollant should be retained.
Marking forwards can take time too. Even Fogarty took a while to get more than 14 possessions...

All depends on who comes in

If Welsh and Lukoscious come in he’s got no hope
Why are we even thinking of Luko. The bloke has been tried all over the park and still can't find a position. He would come with his huge contract so if we wanted him I would offer pick 60 for him. Having said that I still don't want him or his contract.

Why are we even thinking of Luko. The bloke has been tried all over the park and still can't find a position. He would come with his huge contract so if we wanted him I would offer pick 60 for him. Having said that I still don't want him or his contract.
Depends which draft pick he comes with

Gollant has talent.

Burgess does not for AFL level.

Gollant deserves a recall next week after kicking 8 goals.

What does one good game in the last 3 years of his contract do to disprove what we’ve learned in the five years he’s been on the list. Similarly, what would one good game at AFL level do?

Would much rather us explore what a forward line with just Thilthorpe and Fogarty as talls looks like. I personally would like us to play Cook as a hybrid third tall type as I think he has the tools to do pretty well in that kind of role.

You wont get 2 and 22 for 6 and f1. It will be 6 and f1 outright..its too much of a drop so while it was a great sugar hit a win today, a win in the showdown now might really cost us longer term in terms of missing THAT player we really covet and need

What does one good game in the last 3 years of his contract do to disprove what we’ve learned in the five years he’s been on the list. Similarly, what would one good game at AFL level do?

Would much rather us explore what a forward line with just Thilthorpe and Fogarty as talls looks like. I personally would like us to play Cook as a hybrid third tall type as I think he has the tools to do pretty well in that kind of role.
Gollant was drafted as a very slow burn given he was a matchstick and only came into the elite pathway via the Calder Cannons half way through his draft year, it was made very clear by our recruiters at the time. There's something there worth persevering with because we don't have a heap of tall depth unless we trade or draft some in. I think at this point I'd keep him over Himmelberg anyhow.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back