List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not quite right.

Paying out a contract means that the payout (i.e. the player's 2025 salary) is included in the 2024 TPP. Any players being traded in would be in the TPPs for 2025, 2026 & beyond. If anything, paying out a contract now, bringing forward the player's future payments, would increase our available TPP in 2025, making it easier to get the trades done.
good point

Adelaide not the only club handing out 12 months to veterans.....Steele Sidebottom, Jeremy Howe and Scott Pendlebury done deals.

Schoenberg and Strachan are the most likely candidates IMO. No risk that another club would be remotely interested in either of them.
I reckon if that’s the case for any player, a good reason to delist them.

So with Berry staying Keane looks definitely gaaaawwwwnnnn, even if there was a slight chance he wanted to stay feel the club now has him in the ‘too hard basket’ and we all know Nicks and the club in general don’t favour that ‘too hard basket’.

So that leaves Sloane, McHenry, Gollant, Burgess, Parnell & Hamill all cut and Keane traded. Then 2/3 of Bond, Smith, Strachan & Schoenberg being candidates to be delisted & rookied and Himmelberg & Borlase maybe fighting it out for the last spot.

Never underestimate Justin Reid’s ability to ridiculously over complicate his job…
1724906084059.gif

I'm not so sure we're going after Luko with these demands, GC want an premium

Shows how laughable the demand is when Pies thought it might've been a salary dump

With this said it's harsh on Luko, said to explore if he likes then ask for a FR pick in return for a bloke on 2mil over 2 years (I would've been very happy to give up a mid 2nd rounder but not a FR pick)

Unless it's a F1 for Rosa and Luko, is that worth going for?

Attachments

• 3D4708D2-92A7-4D83-9F5D-1FA64537A9B8.jpeg
    3D4708D2-92A7-4D83-9F5D-1FA64537A9B8.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 98
I'm not so sure we're going after Luko with these demands, GC want an premium

Shows how laughable the demand is when Pies thought it might've been a salary dump

With this said it's harsh on Luko, said to explore if he likes then ask for a FR pick in return for a bloke on 2mil over 2 years (I would've been very happy to give up a mid 2nd rounder but not a FR pick)

Will be no surprise if Port meet these demands, particularly if Houston departs.

Awful decision by both parties.

I feel like Berry would have a much better opportunity at a club like Collingwood and in regards to us, he’s a player that hasn’t progressed.
If Collingwood didn't offer him/us enough to make it worth it though, I can see why this has happened

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awful decision by both parties.

I feel like Berry would have a much better opportunity at a club like Collingwood and in regards to us, he’s a player that hasn’t progressed.

I think you'll find that the only interest in Berry would have been via DFA and a rookie spot if we had delisted him, albeit from 5 or 6 clubs, a player of his type and quality just isn't worth the effort and capital that goes into an active trade.

He made a financial decision, and we made a whatever decision.

If we are getting Rosas and Luko, I feel like we’ll target a first round pick to use for both of them with 25, an F2 and whatever we get for Keane. Maybe Brisbane’s pick?
I am fine with trading our future first for Rosas and Luko... as long as 20 is coming back and they take Murphy and Smith.

Not negotiable.

Adelaide not the only club handing out 12 months to veterans.....Steele Sidebottom, Jeremy Howe and Scott Pendlebury done deals.
Outside of Tex our boys aren’t quite as esteemed as those 3 blokes

I think pies will be in trouble after one more crack at it next year

They have 9x over 30s who are mostly their best players outside of Daicos and don’t seem to have drafted well in last 10 years

Son of Micky Mcguane will help though

It's a minimum of 3x ND selections - though rookie upgrades count towards the total.

While it's conceivable that Turray and/or Borlase could be upgraded, I'd say it's highly unlikely.

Assuming we have no rookie upgrades, we need to take the minimum 3x ND selections.
Why wouldn’t we upgrade Borlase or Turray if it’s between that and miss one of our trade targets? We can always demote them back down to the rookie list in later years no?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back