List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayward is obviously a very good player, but is he the kind of player we should be offering 800 a year to when we probably still lack mid depth, and another key back? If we were interested in a half forward, I'd try and get Luko on the cheap as they're likely to see another cap squeeze with all their young talent and his reported unhappiness at the moment.

Our 2017 premiership side was full of money ball selections and moves, whilst we didn't win the flag, I don't necessarily think we need to spend big on players just because they're from SA and available.
???

WaynesWorld19 you have a friend

Hayward is obviously a very good player, but is he the kind of player we should be offering 800 a year to when we probably still lack mid depth, and another key back? If we were interested in a half forward, I'd try and get Luko on the cheap as they're likely to see another cap squeeze with all their young talent and his reported unhappiness at the moment.

Our 2017 premiership side was full of money ball selections and moves, whilst we didn't win the flag, I don't necessarily think we need to spend big on players just because they're from SA and available.
I think the reason why we do spend big is because they want to come to SA as getting any talent (non-SA) across the border here is almost impossible.

I think the reason why we do spend big is because they want to come to SA as getting any talent (non-SA) across the border here is almost impossible.

Except for Port…. Not high talent but decent role players (Ryder, Rockliff, Dixon. more recently Soldo, Esava)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure that Petty or Hayward are worth what it would cost to get them tbh. Both are ok but just ok.
I would however be interested in Perryman or Cumming, or wait a year for NWM.

Different scenarios with Hayward being a free agent. We must have a heap of cap space. Almost a free hit

Petty will cost draft Capital if we go after him this year

Except for Port…. Not high talent but decent role players (Ryder, Rockliff, Dixon. more recently Soldo, Esava)

Dont forget, Slops and Watts and also Fanta. lol :D

None of those players would I have wanted at the Crows.

Ryder was a bit better than a role player.

Although only seen highlights and 1 game I have been disappointed that Edwardes hasn't done more in SANFL to at least making coaches take notice .
As a tall strong possessions mid I was excited to pick up so high in draft .
Those that seen more of could shed some light that I am overacting and going well as expected.

Hayward is obviously a very good player, but is he the kind of player we should be offering 800 a year to when we probably still lack mid depth, and another key back?
Our defence is good enough right now, and it's still missing the best key defender in Murray.

In theory, I agree that $800k for Hayward is steep, but there is set to be an increase to the cap again next year (to $17.7 million). If you instead think of it as spending 4.52% of the cap on Hayward, it isn't so bad.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know AFL clubs wouldn't be like this but I just can't see Gold Coast releasing Lukosius to the Crows at almost any price until he is out of contract.

If he wanted out for example to Sydney it would be a different story. They would even pay some of his salary.

Last edited:
I know AFL clubs wouldn't be like this but I just can't see Gold Coast releasing Lukosius to the Crows at almost any price until he is put of contract.

If he wanted out for example to Sydney it would be a different story. They would even pay some of his salary.
We'll see. Hardwick can get an idea in his mind about certain players, and I think Luko might be a bit sick of how he's being played.

I know AFL clubs wouldn't be like this but I just can't see Gold Coast releasing Lukosius to the Crows at almost any price until he is put of contract.

While I dont disagree I think our Future 1st would hold some currency if a trade were to happen.

Although only seen highlights and 1 game I have been disappointed that Edwardes hasn't done more in SANFL to at least making coaches take notice .
As a tall strong possessions mid I was excited to pick up so high in draft .
Those that seen more of could shed some light that I am overacting and going well as expected.

I haven't seen more but he hasn't played much in the midfield, he started last year as a defender and only came into the midfield very late.

Playing SANFL is another big step up, I don't think he'd have huge expectations except for improvement over this year.

For those watching, we'd want to see clearances and bursts of speed with the ball more so than prolific possession counts.

I haven't seen more but he hasn't played much in the midfield, he started last year as a defender and only came into the midfield very late.

Playing SANFL is another big step up, I don't think he'd have huge expectations except for improvement over this year.

For those watching, we'd want to see clearances and bursts of speed with the ball more so than prolific possession counts.
Yes agree regarding we want speed from clearances more in AFL and that's why want to see Shoey back against Lions.
Understand LoBu re progress , but following feedback Ryan has seemed to go past him in peformances so far, even going back to BigMan reports, Ryan was a real outsider in draft rankings where Edwards was always in top 20 forecasting.

Rucci reporting on SEN that Petty's manager has told us he isn’t moving.
Probably the best outcome for everyone.

Weird way for Rucci to spin it, but predictable I guess.

There's no way we would make the guarantees to management like we did for Rankine - you can feel comfortable to say you want out, because we'll do what it takes to get the deal done.

Management probably feels that our interest is too wishy washy and conditional. As it should be.

Rucci reporting on SEN that Petty's manager has told us he isn’t moving.
Sounded more like the opposite. That we told Petty's manager that we weren't interested anymore, or at least not on the terms they wanted.

I am expecting we have cooled on this now that Worrell, Keane etc are stepping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back