List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, can’t play the 4 of them plus you’d think Curtin’s first proper batch of games will be around half back. My preference would be to trade Butts as he offers nothing with ball in hand. But if I had to bet at evens, I’d wager that, form permitting, Murray and Butts as the 2 key talks is the favoured structure for at least a season or 2 more.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, Butts has been good this year IMO, and while he’s limited with his offensive game, I think he’s our best KPD stopper who you can surround with some attacking players.

For me Keane isn’t strong enough defensively now that Murray is back.

The little I’ve seen of Welsh is not impressive. Looks very limited.
He can take a strong mark and is aggressive in the air, took a few but missed 2 easy set shot with another one didn't scored, is very agile and has pace when the ball hit the ground which allow him to kick a ground ball snap.

Yep, can’t play the 4 of them plus you’d think Curtin’s first proper batch of games will be around half back. My preference would be to trade Butts as he offers nothing with ball in hand. But if I had to bet at evens, I’d wager that, form permitting, Murray and Butts as the 2 key talks is the favoured structure for at least a season or 2 more.
I was wondering the other day if we could turn Butts into a back up ruck if we are over stocked with key defenders? He is listed as 197cm so would be tall enough to be the back up if we decide to move Strachan on. No idea if he has ever rucked before but it is not that hard to pick it up.

Could be an ok stop gap solution until we sort our shit out with our ruck stocks. We need a new first ruck, new back up and then a developing ruck. Hard to get this all done in 1 off season so will take a couple of years.

The emergence of Rankine as a genuine mid-forward (plus the continued uselessness of Murphy and McHenry) I think heightens the need to recruit a good quality small forward (Stengle anyone?). There's no other obvious option on our list that I can see to play that role so I think it's something of a priority in our next round of drafting and recruiting.

The emergence of Rankine as a genuine mid-forward (plus the continued uselessness of Murphy and McHenry) I think heightens the need to recruit a good quality small forward (Stengle anyone?). There's no other obvious option on our list that I can see to play that role so I think it's something of a priority in our next round of drafting and recruiting.
Seems like every year there’s a couple of good prospects as a small forward, hopefully we get someone who’s a genuine small forward and not a small midfielder we play as a forward.

I like the small amount I’ve seen of Bradley or Bennet from SA.

We should offer Luke Parker 3 years, and he can more than replace the output and experience of Keays and Murphy.

He’d come pretty cheap given his age.

Agreed, small forward and ruck are the two glaring holes in our list for me. We need to draft or try and trade for a genuine small forward rather than playing midfielders there.

I was wondering the other day if we could turn Butts into a back up ruck if we are over stocked with key defenders? He is listed as 197cm so would be tall enough to be the back up if we decide to move Strachan on. No idea if he has ever rucked before but it is not that hard to pick it up.

Could be an ok stop gap solution until we sort our shit out with our ruck stocks. We need a new first ruck, new back up and then a developing ruck. Hard to get this all done in 1 off season so will take a couple of years.
I've seen almost every game Jordan Butts has played, just about the least exposure he's had would be small forward/defender closely followed by rucking, he's played all KPP positions and wing the most though I do recall him taking the boundary ruck ball ins a few times when playing full forward a la Tex in his overage year at the Bushies. Toby Murray however did quite a bit of rucking at the Bushies both in his draft year and his overage year,.

Not sure I'd be too keen to ruck Jordan Butts with his propensity to pick up niggles.

Last edited:
O've seen almost every game Jordan Butts has played, just about the least exposure he's had would be small forward/defender closely followed bt rucking, he's played all KPP positions and wing the most though I do recall him taking the boundary ruck ball ins a few times when playing full forward a la Tex in his overage year at the Bushies. Toby Murray however did quite a bit of rucking at the Bushies both in his draft year and his overage year,.

Not sure I'd be too keen to ruck Jordan Butts with his propensity to pick up niggles.
Fair enough, just trying to think outside the box and thought that may be a good solution to the problem of what to do with him once Worrell is back and would also help with our lack of ruck options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on nothing but gut feel I really thought Perryman was the recruit we were going to land. I don't think we will beat that Hawks offer. It must be a Caleb Daniel type in contract we are confident about.

Based on nothing but gut feel I really thought Perryman was the recruit we were going to land. I don't think we will beat that Hawks offer. It must be a Caleb Daniel type in contract we are confident about.

5 x 800k is too much for Perryman. Giants use him as a back pocket but he can play mid/hbf. Very injury prone as well. He can play but happy to let that go if thats his price.

There is every chance we will end up with no one of note coming in, maybe a fringe player from somewhere we never heard about - all the better free agents won't be coming here me thinks.. But to me thats ok if it means we retain our draft capital and get in the talent that way

I've said before we have the basics of a good list. We just need to work out who the deadwood is

After 5 years of a deep rebuild, the basics of a good list is a pretty dismal outcome

Our list could be Banksy’s follow up to his dystopian theme park ‘Dismaland’

(Which was a lot more entertaining than watching us play!)

Haven't you heard, we were offering three firsts for Petty
Season 2 Cooking GIF by Everything's Gonna Be Okay

Whatever we supposedly offered Gulden, I would offer to Callaghan in a heartbeat.... Will be the next Bont I reckon.

A future midfield of Sid Draper, Finn Callaghan, Dawson, Rankine with Soligo and Rachele cameos would be very very nice.
There's something very special about Finn, he is about ready to explode in the next year, maybe even this year

There is every chance we will end up with no one of note coming in, maybe a fringe player from somewhere we never heard about - all the better free agents won't be coming here me thinks.. But to me thats ok if it means we retain our draft capital and get in the talent that way

Free agents don’t impact draft capital? So they aren’t really related concerns

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back