Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 113 90.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, Harrison Petty is totally checked out in Melb. He's coming home at the end of the 2024 season & will likely finish up the season in the VFL, greatly reducing his trade value, which let's face it wouldn't currently by sky high.
Had one of his better games last week apart from goalkicking 8 marks (5 contested)

Phillipou… massively overrated..

Whats he done..

Those grifting saints flogs (another grifting Vicco team that should be wound up and their license given to a new NT team) will want our 2024 first plus soligo or rach for mattaes.

Faark that.. he’s barely worth an early second at this point.. so shite he cant even make the saints best 23 at the moment..

Phillipou… massively overrated..

Whats he done..

Those grifting saints flogs (another grifting Vicco team that should be wound up and their license given to a new NT team) will want our 2024 first plus soligo or rach for mattaes.

Faark that.. he’s barely worth an early second at this point.. so shite he cant even make the saints best 23 at the moment..
It's funny how people can see good kids not get picked every week for us and get angry about it and then take someone not getting picked at another club at face value. 1000010839.jpg

It's funny how people can see good kids not get picked every week for us and get angry about it and then take someone not getting picked at another club at face value.
Philipou definitely has something and we would be negligent not to put our hand up if he wants to come home.
Not overpaying is the key though.

Philipou definitely has something and we would be negligent not to put our hand up if he wants to come home.
Not overpaying is the key though.
Being under contract makes it really tough if this rumor has any legs. We need to quarantine our 1st this year come what may. So would that mean a F1 for him - doubt St Kilda swallow that and they would de4mand our 1st this year.

What players could we offer them with our F1? - if Keane is keen to head to Victoria and it didn't absolutely have to be Collingwood, maybe him and our F1 as he would help them down back? Otherwise I am struggling to see how a deal could get done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny how people can see good kids not get picked every week for us and get angry about it and then take someone not getting picked at another club at face value.View attachment 2036795
And the 9 clearances. 7 score involvements, 31 disposals of which 16 were contested (equal game high) and 2 goals on the scoreboard against a Cats VFL chock full of VFL listed players

28 the week before 8 clearances 8 i50's 5 score involvements
And again a Lions VFL team chockfull of AFL isted players.

Last edited:
Also, Harrison Petty is totally checked out in Melb. He's coming home at the end of the 2024 season & will likely finish up the year in the VFL, greatly reducing his trade value, which let's face it wouldn't currently by sky high.
Interesting, the best game he played was after we withdrew his offer as we were trending toward a top 5 pick.

Also, Harrison Petty is totally checked out in Melb. He's coming home at the end of the 2024 season & will likely finish up the year in the VFL, greatly reducing his trade value, which let's face it wouldn't currently by sky high.

He wanted to come back last year. He was very diplomatic but his body language screamed disappointment when Melbourne refused to trade. I am not sure he is coming back at the end of this year though.

Would we get a better player at Pick 5 this year than Phillipou?
Thats the key question because that’s what it will take. I don’t follow it but everyone’s raving about this crop of mids aren’t they?

Also I didn’t realise he wasn’t playing in the firsts, it’s not like the Saints have a strong side and he wasn’t given chances.

Thats the key question because that’s what it will take. I don’t follow it but everyone’s raving about this crop of mids aren’t they?

Also I didn’t realise he wasn’t playing in the firsts, it’s not like the Saints have a strong side and he wasn’t given chances.
He wasn’t doing great they probably left him a little long and he lost all confidence, I suspect they’ll do the opposite and leave him a bit long in the 2’s to get back that confidence

Being under contract makes it really tough if this rumor has any legs. We need to quarantine our 1st this year come what may. So would that mean a F1 for him - doubt St Kilda swallow that and they would de4mand our 1st this year.

What players could we offer them with our F1? - if Keane is keen to head to Victoria and it didn't absolutely have to be Collingwood, maybe him and our F1 as he would help them down back? Otherwise I am struggling to see how a deal could get done
Our future first could probably get the Freo pick 10. That'd be enough for Phillipou.

It's funny how people can see good kids not get picked every week for us and get angry about it and then take someone not getting picked at another club at face value.View attachment 2036795
Phillipou has played 33 games in his first two seasons..

How the hell is your comment even relevant in this discussion?..

Who are you comparing him to?.. Dowling?.. Taylor?.. Pedlar?.. worrell?.. Nank?..

All players who shouldve been given AFL debuts way fxxkn earlier than they were and should have far more games under their belts.. but all of them languished in the sanfl for a years or two while out of form “veteran” hacks got granted game after game ahead of them.

You want to compare apples for apples compare phillipou with michelleney or Soligo.. players who have played around the same amount of games in their first two seasons.. and both of whom who have shown a shitload more than Mattaes..

Back