List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny isn't it.

Geelong. Junk pick for best 22 player AND Pick 7.
Adelaide. Future first (pick 6 to 8 range) for Pick 6. No deal.
Didn’t we try to get Bowes for that salary dump, but he didn’t want to come here?

The corrupt part is that the AFL signed off on it, especially considering they’re still not allowing pick purchasing

I'm not doing 2025 first for Pick 11. I don't see us being top 8 next year so pick is likely to still be 6 or 7 next year.
I'd want GCs pick 6, or someone like Phillipou for that value.
But would a trading team see our f1 being a bottom 6 pick next year which GC surely would want it to be..i don't think so

The old shifting from President to Prime Minister trick.
Welcome our new CEO... we searched hard & wide for the best applicant, not realising he was right in front of us all this time...

If we go all in this year and pluck two gun mids, can we not go down the "they need 4 seasons to build a midfield tank" bullshit and play them in the guts or HBF with runs in the guts straight away?

If playing them at HBF means we have to move players out of our D50 then just do it, lets not piss away two years of development in the 2s for the sake of role players egos

From a draft strategy point of view I think the direction to Reid would be to get at least two picks in the top 20 before Welsh.

Obviously we have our first round pick and then I think a combination of the Keane, Berry and Himmleberg trades along with existing picks could make that possible. It will take a few pick swaps to get there but not impossible.

From a draft strategy point of view I think the direction to Reid would be to get at least two picks in the top 20 before Welsh.

Obviously we have our first round pick and then I think a combination of the Keane, Berry and Himmleberg trades along with existing picks could make that possible. It will take a few pick swaps to get there but not impossible.
Himmelberg is a free agent, can go wherever he wants.

Our last home game next week against the Bulldogs.

Will there be any retirement announcements coming before the game to give some of our champions a home ground farewell.

This year we saw Rory Sloane get a contract and not play a game for the club.
A sad way for a champion to finish up.

Smith has struggled all year.
I find it hard to believe the commentary that we put a games played trigger in his last contract for a 33 y/o
We have players to easily fill his role.
Does he retire after a great career ?

Tex, one of the best Clubman the AFC has ever seen.
He is also struggling to get on the park at the back end of this year.
It looks like he has had a bad back all year and has affected his mobility severely this year.
I cant see it getting better next year
What does his future hold ?
Is it time for him to pass the batten onto the new breed in the team.

I've felt too many times the AFC has mistimed the departures of our great players.
It will be an interesting to see if there are any announcements next week.

Would love to get Gold Coasts pick which looks like being 6 - remembering Lombard could get nominated at 5 wiping out any benefit of GC having the next pick it’s in their interest to trade.
Our future first would have to be tempting.

1. Richmond - Jagga Smith
2. North - Luke Trainor (they don’t need another mid)
3. Eagles - O’Sullivan
4. Lions - Ashcroft FS match
5. Crows - Draper
6. Suns - Lombard NGA match
7. Saints - Lindsay
8. Crows - Smillie
If we want Draper we might need to look at a trade with North to get ahead of West Coast, I'm worried they will pick him (not based on much though).

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it's almost the best deal they could get, they have to trade it. Why not a high future?

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dogs offered 11, 17 and an F1 for 4 last year. We got 6 and an F1 for 4 back in the day

Some team will offer two firsts

Edit: they’ll need multiple firsts if they want to both get Rioli and Lombard points, FWIW

Dogs offered 11, 17 and an F1 for 4 last year. We got 6 and an F1 for 4 back in the day

Some team will offer two firsts
Last year was some crazy trading by the Suns. Freo could offer (currently) 8 and 16 (not sure they finish that high), but then GC need to trade them on. After Collingwood stuffing up the future first (again), surely the top teams will be more risk adverse to trading future firsts, while there is no benefit for mid level teams.

The opportunity to potentially straight swop, get a better deal or slightly worse may look like the best deal this year.

Last year was some crazy trading by the Suns. Freo could offer (currently) 8 and 16 (not sure they finish that high), but then GC need to trade them on. After Collingwood stuffing up the future first (again), surely the top teams will be more risk adverse to trading future firsts, while there is no benefit for mid level teams.

The opportunity to potentially straight swop, get a better deal or slightly worse may look like the best deal this year.
Like I edited in my post, if they want to get Rioli in addition to Lombard points they’ll probably need more firsts than they have now (if they don’t want to give up their 25 1st - they might, with Zeke Uwland coming through)

Say they get a good deal from a mid-table team for 6 (say, Essendon gives up their current and future firsts to absolutely get ahead of a Kako bid) - that gives them more overall value for a Rioli trade than a singular F1 from us does

Like I edited in my post, if they want to get Rioli in addition to Lombard points they’ll probably need more firsts than they have now (if they don’t want to give up their 25 1st - they might, with Zeke Uwland coming through)

Say they get a good deal from a mid-table team for 6 (say, Essendon gives up their current and future firsts to absolutely get ahead of a Kako bid) - that gives them more overall value for a Rioli trade than a singular F1 from us does
I wasn't thinking about them trading, so yep they can trade them out for a Rioli. It'd be rare for a club to trade out such talent at such as prime age to get into the draft, I can't see Richmond wanting to do it. Richmond are positioned to trade their junk picks up for Carlton or Gold Coast, now Essendon, but if I was those clubs I'd be looking for first next year. There is a lot of noise around these Richmond trades though. The risk is they trade Rioli and Bolton and they bottom out for years.

Also the way Essendon are finishing they will likely get a head of Kako anyway, but trading two first to get two firsts, one which may not be the best available, doesn't seem like a great benefit, they'd want something good back.

If Gold Coast got Lombard early, they could even trade our future first back in for two Carlton picks (2024 and F1). Lots of options either way.

Every chance we aren't the best offer, I just can't see it yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Multi club trade could offer each party 'the win'..gets us in ahead of WCE if we really want Draper and by bringing forward our f1 we get another quality player in this draft..maybe Dodson?. I am not overly fussed losing the melbourne f2 as we surely will get some draft collateral back from trading a player like berry and maybe a fa pick for himmelberg

Crows. In picks 2 & 11
Out picks 4, melb 2nd anf f1

North. In picks 6 & crows f1
Out pick 2

GC in picks 4 melb 2nd
Out picks 6 & 11

Pick 4 gets GC a pick ahead of Lombard and North still get one of the top players plus a good future pick for dropping from 2 to 6

Multi club trade could offer each party 'the win'..gets us in ahead of WCE if we really want Draper and by bringing forward our f1 we get another quality player in this draft..maybe Dodson?. I am not overly fussed losing the melbourne f2 as we surely will get some draft collateral back from trading a player like berry and maybe a fa pick for himmelberg

Crows. In picks 2 & 11
Out picks 4, melb 2nd anf f1

North. In picks 6 & crows f1
Out pick 2

GC in picks 4 melb 2nd
Out picks 6 & 11

Pick 4 gets GC a pick ahead of Lombard and North still get one of the top players plus a good future pick for dropping from 2 to 6
That could be realistic, esp if we want Draper

GC may want another pick for points. If we snag a 2nd for Berry or Keane I’d give them that, too

Draper (mid with speed) and Joe Berry (best all-round small fwd in the draft) would be an excellent haul

GC may want another pick for points. If we snag a 2nd for Berry or Keane I’d give them that, too

Draper (mid with speed) and Joe Berry (best all-round small fwd in the draft) would be an excellent haul
I totally agree. Load up at the top end of this draft and lets get on with making finals and pushing to the next flag

Our last home game next week against the Bulldogs.

Will there be any retirement announcements coming before the game to give some of our champions a home ground farewell.

This year we saw Rory Sloane get a contract and not play a game for the club.
A sad way for a champion to finish up.

Smith has struggled all year.
I find it hard to believe the commentary that we put a games played trigger in his last contract for a 33 y/o
We have players to easily fill his role.
Does he retire after a great career ?

Tex, one of the best Clubman the AFC has ever seen.
He is also struggling to get on the park at the back end of this year.
It looks like he has had a bad back all year and has affected his mobility severely this year.
I cant see it getting better next year
What does his future hold ?
Is it time for him to pass the batten onto the new breed in the team.

I've felt too many times the AFC has mistimed the departures of our great players.
It will be an interesting to see if there are any announcements next week.
Smith should do a Luke brown and call it early himself

Tex looked pretty dangerous to me yesterday and the tall forwards as a whole kept us in the game with good performances from the other 2

Or Draper and Dodson

Or Draper and Travaglia

Plenty of options

Big Joe Berry fan though

With all respect to Joe is a small forward really a need? What significant gains do we make by picking him at 11?

If we are going to ' reach ' why not Dodson at 11

Smith should do a Luke brown and call it early himself

Tex looked pretty dangerous to me yesterday and the tall forwards as a whole kept us in the game with good performances from the other 2
The longer we go without signing Tex, the more I’m thinking that we’ll be trading for Luko.

If we bring him in there’s no room for Tex.

I just want us to choose a midfielder at 4 and not trade that pick away.

A genuine small forward is needed if Murphy is the current solution.
Murphy doesn't play as a SF.

He is a stoppage mid, ie doesn't play on the middle but follows the ball pack to pack.

Keays and Rachele play more of a SF role.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back