List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gollant was drafted as a very slow burn given he was a matchstick and only came into the elite pathway via the Calder Cannons half way through his draft year, it was made very clear by our recruiters at the time. There's something there worth persevering with because we doný have a heap of tall depth unless we trade or draft some in. I think at this point I'd keep him over Himmelberg anyhow.
We should definitely be trying to retain both (unless we bring in Luko). Burgess is the obvious dead weight.

You wont get 2 and 22 for 6 and f1. It will be 6 and f1 outright..its too much of a drop so while it was a great sugar hit a win today, a win in the showdown now might really cost us longer term in terms of missing THAT player we really covet and need
Not necessarily, particularly in this draft

If North sees something they like that should be available at 6, they would heavily consider it. WCE traded 2 for 8 and 12 in a similar type of deal, a couple of years back

As I stated, I’m not too fussed if we fall behind the Saints, the gap between 1 and 10 is pretty minimal this year IMO. It’s more that I can see the club being willing to move the world for Draper if they rate him super highly (mainly due to there being no go-home factor, I don’t think they’d take that kind of risk for a VIC-based player)

Neither have talent required for AFL level.

Happy for Gollant to be given another game next week, but it really would amount to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Who would he replace? Not a lot of point in resting Tex at this point, given that his career potentially has just 2 games left after today.
:p
Have you officially given Lachie the Vader "kiss of death" ?

B.O.G. Neil Kerley Medalist.

Capture.PNG

I think today has shown that

A) if ROB can get back to his previous form he’s a perfectly good ruck option.

B) English isn’t worth the money it would take to land him.
ROB in a contract year is probably a fine 1st team ruck. That said, some genuine depth and competition for the spot is still needed, hopefully Henry Smith 🤞

Why are we even thinking of Luko. The bloke has been tried all over the park and still can't find a position. He would come with his huge contract so if we wanted him I would offer pick 60 for him. Having said that I still don't want him or his contract.
Because chances are he’ll excel back here!

Probably shouldn’t base things off 1 game, if we did, we are playing off in the granny.

Very big if, he has shown this type of once off performance in the last few years that he is back to his 2020 form but went back to being shit for a long time.

Gollant was drafted as a very slow burn given he was a matchstick and only came into the elite pathway via the Calder Cannons half way through his draft year, it was made very clear by our recruiters at the time. There's something there worth persevering with because we don't have a heap of tall depth unless we trade or draft some in. I think at this point I'd keep him over Himmelberg anyhow.
This is his 5th season. There's "slow burn" and there's Gollant. At this rate his kindling might just catch by the time he celebrates his 40th birthday.

Many of us here are critical that the club is too slow to cut players who have no chance of making it - and rightly so. Gollant is one such player. He's out of contract, and all indications are that his time on Adelaide's list is coming to a close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you actually understand what AFL depth is?
Yes... and Gollant isn't it. The fact that we chose to play Borlase in the forward line, ahead of both Gollant & Burgess, speaks volumes about how far he is from being "decent depth".

Yes... and Gollant isn't it. The fact that we chose to play Borlase in the forward line, ahead of both Gollant & Burgess, speaks volumes about how far he is from being "decent depth".
Our team selections, especially during that dark period, should not be any gauge of a player’s talent. We’re realistically retaining one for depth, Gollant is clearly superior if for no other reason than he’s younger.

So you would pick Borlase over Gollant as a forward?

Feel free to compare their records as forwards...

Our team selections, especially during that dark period, should not be any gauge of a player’s talent. We’re realistically retaining one for depth, Gollant is clearly superior if for no other reason than he’s younger.
That's not a reason for anything.

So you would pick Borlase over Gollant as a forward?

Feel free to compare their records as forwards...
Has Borlase played as a forward at SANFL level? Borlase's record as a forward at AFL level is no worse (and no better) than Gollant's. Both have been ****ing awful.

I get what Vader’s saying, you have to be at least somewhat capable of performing at AFL level to be ‘decent depth’ (eg Himmelberg and Borlase)

We haven’t really seen that from Gollant in recent times. If Burgess is in fact OOC I’d absolutely delist him and keep Gollant, but realistically neither have an AFL future, so I wouldn’t care if we got rid of either one of them this year (though we need to keep one for ‘break glass’ purposes)

If we do keep Gollant though, I’d be interested to see him together with the more nimble Fog/RT around him, rather than Tex (who is still incredibly skilled, but is basically Rutten athletically these days). Gollant is not athletically gifted, so Tex isn’t a good partnership with him. It’s possible he could be more effective with better complimentary KPFs? I’m doubtful though

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back