List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership Demon Alex Neal-Bullen has requested a trade to South Australia.
As the Demons prepare for a summer of likely upheaval, Neal-Bullen has become the first star to ask to move on at season’s end.

The 28-year-old, who has played 174 games in red and blue, said the decision to depart Melbourne after 10 years was “an incredibly hard one”.

“It’s something that I thought long and hard about, and had some really open and honest conversations with my wife, Georgie, about where our best future lies,” Neal-Bullen said.

“The decision became clear that I need to put my family first, and move our family back to South Australia.

“For the club to allow me to do the best thing for my family, I can’t thank them enough.

“They’ve embraced me as an individual, and they’ve allowed me to grow into the footballer, but also the now father, that I am.

“I’m forever grateful that I’ve been able to play for this great club and still have two more games that I want to pour everything into, to make sure we finish the year off really strongly.”

Which South Australian club is best suited for Alex Neal-Bullen?​

Adelaide
69 %

Port Adelaide
31 %
1894 votes

Alex Neal-Bullen has requested a trade. Picture: Morgan Hancock/AFL Photos/via Getty Images
The Demons this week dismissed speculation that Christian Petracca could seek a move, while fellow superstar Clayton Oliver’s future continues to be the subject of much conjecture.

Neal-Bullen has become a crucial role player for Melbourne, featuring at half-forward and as a midfield tagger this year.

Melbourne has been linked with Port Adelaide’s All-Australian defender Dan Houston, but it remains to be seen whether Neal-Bullen could be a makeweight in any trade.

Power coach Ken Hinkley said recently Houston was happy in South Australia.

The 27-year-old is contracted for a further three seasons.

Adelaide’s second-round pick (mid-to-late 20s) or Port Adelaide’s second-round pick (early-to-mid 30s) would appear to be in the ballpark for Neal-Bullen.

“Obviously, it will be incredibly disappointing for the club to farewell Alex. However, we understand how necessary this move is for him and his family,” Melbourne’s general manager of football Alan Richardson said.

“Throughout our discussions with Alex, it’s been incredibly telling how much he loves our football club, but given the nature of the circumstances, this is a decision he has to make.

“When the time is right, we will work closely with the South Australian-based clubs, to ensure the best possible outcome for the Melbourne Football Club in addition to Alex and his family.

“This is a sensitive situation for Alex, and we ask that his privacy is respected at this time.”

HOW A NEAL-BULLEN TRADE COULD GET DONE​

SCENARIO 1
Adelaide trades its second-round pick (currently 22) for Neal-Bullen
RATING:
Seems unlikely the Crows would give up pick 22 without getting a later pick in exchange as well as Neal-Bullen.
SCENARIO 2
Port Adelaide trades its second-round pick (currently 34) for Neal-Bullen
RATING:
Seems in the ballpark for Neal-Bullen - but does Port Adelaide need him?
SCENARIO 3
The Crows or Power offer a future second-round pick
RATING:
Adelaide could back itself to improve and give up a pick from 25-32 for Neal-Bullen. A future second-round pick would likely be 28 or later from Port Adelaide.
THE HOUSTON SCENARIO
Dan Houston requests a trade and Neal-Bullen is tied in, with at least one first-round pick from Melbourne
RATING:
Seems unlikely Port will let Houston leave with three years left on his deal (WTF???)

Originally drafted from Glenelg at pick 40 in the 2014 national draft, he has played 174 AFL games.

Premiership Demon Alex Neal-Bullen has requested a trade to South Australia.
As the Demons prepare for a summer of likely upheaval, Neal-Bullen has become the first star to ask to move on at season’s end.

The 28-year-old, who has played 174 games in red and blue, said the decision to depart Melbourne after 10 years was “an incredibly hard one”.

“It’s something that I thought long and hard about, and had some really open and honest conversations with my wife, Georgie, about where our best future lies,” Neal-Bullen said.

“The decision became clear that I need to put my family first, and move our family back to South Australia.

“For the club to allow me to do the best thing for my family, I can’t thank them enough.

“They’ve embraced me as an individual, and they’ve allowed me to grow into the footballer, but also the now father, that I am.

“I’m forever grateful that I’ve been able to play for this great club and still have two more games that I want to pour everything into, to make sure we finish the year off really strongly.”

Which South Australian club is best suited for Alex Neal-Bullen?​

Adelaide
69 %

Port Adelaide
31 %
1894 votes

Alex Neal-Bullen has requested a trade. Picture: Morgan Hancock/AFL Photos/via Getty Images
The Demons this week dismissed speculation that Christian Petracca could seek a move, while fellow superstar Clayton Oliver’s future continues to be the subject of much conjecture.

Neal-Bullen has become a crucial role player for Melbourne, featuring at half-forward and as a midfield tagger this year.

Melbourne has been linked with Port Adelaide’s All-Australian defender Dan Houston, but it remains to be seen whether Neal-Bullen could be a makeweight in any trade.

Power coach Ken Hinkley said recently Houston was happy in South Australia.

The 27-year-old is contracted for a further three seasons.

Adelaide’s second-round pick (mid-to-late 20s) or Port Adelaide’s second-round pick (early-to-mid 30s) would appear to be in the ballpark for Neal-Bullen.

“Obviously, it will be incredibly disappointing for the club to farewell Alex. However, we understand how necessary this move is for him and his family,” Melbourne’s general manager of football Alan Richardson said.

“Throughout our discussions with Alex, it’s been incredibly telling how much he loves our football club, but given the nature of the circumstances, this is a decision he has to make.

“When the time is right, we will work closely with the South Australian-based clubs, to ensure the best possible outcome for the Melbourne Football Club in addition to Alex and his family.

“This is a sensitive situation for Alex, and we ask that his privacy is respected at this time.”

HOW A NEAL-BULLEN TRADE COULD GET DONE​

SCENARIO 1
Adelaide trades its second-round pick (currently 22) for Neal-Bullen
RATING:
Seems unlikely the Crows would give up pick 22 without getting a later pick in exchange as well as Neal-Bullen.
SCENARIO 2
Port Adelaide trades its second-round pick (currently 34) for Neal-Bullen
RATING:
Seems in the ballpark for Neal-Bullen - but does Port Adelaide need him?
SCENARIO 3
The Crows or Power offer a future second-round pick
RATING:
Adelaide could back itself to improve and give up a pick from 25-32 for Neal-Bullen. A future second-round pick would likely be 28 or later from Port Adelaide.
THE HOUSTON SCENARIO
Dan Houston requests a trade and Neal-Bullen is tied in, with at least one first-round pick from Melbourne
RATING:
Seems unlikely Port will let Houston leave with three years left on his deal (WTF???)

Originally drafted from Glenelg at pick 40 in the 2014 national draft, he has played 174 AFL games.
We don’t even have pick 22, and either way with the NM concessions it’d be 24

Idiots

Tex is definately keen to play on, but Adelaide and he had an agreement that he would retire this year when they gave him last years deal, so they are unsure what to do. Collingwood have offered him 2 years with a coaching role in the second and Melbourne and 1 other are talking 1 year. He is keen to stay here however.

Personally I think we desperately need experience in this side, so I would love for him to play on.

Where does he fit though if Lukosius is in?

He’s obviously good enough but how does playing him benefit our future? I think Fogarty and Thilthorpe are clearly ready to make our forward line their own.

PLAYERS USED BY CLUB IN 2024 - Crows equal second​

List Breakdown - 2024
ClubUsedPlayed AllDebuts
Richmond4216
Adelaide Crows3964
West Coast Eagles3956
North Melbourne3996
Gold Coast SUNS3845
St Kilda3866
Brisbane Lions37114
Collingwood3796
Melbourne3675
Geelong Cats3573
Western Bulldogs3564
Carlton3551
Port Adelaide3472
GWS GIANTS3484
Fremantle3484
Hawthorn34103
Essendon3472
Sydney Swans31102

The Advetiser, apparently Rozee talks to him on an almost daily basis.
found it - thanks mate

Power skipper Connor Rozee speaks on potential Alex Neal-Bullen, Jack Lukosius trades​

Connor Rozee has hinted at his potential role in luring close mate Jack Lukosius back to South Australia and weighed in on whether Alex Neal-Bullen could become a Power player.
Simeon Thomas-WilsonSimeon Thomas-Wilson
follow
@Simeon_TW

3 min read
August 14, 2024 - 4:20PM
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/.../0088678ce3a7fa17d8af4c19c4b37771#share-tools

Adelaide has emerged as the early front-runner for wantaway Melbourne midfielder Alex Neal-Bullen after he requested a trade to return to South Australia.
But Port Adelaide captain Connor Rozee says he and Jack Lukosius, who met with Crows coach Matthew Nicks last week, “speak almost every single day” but “not specifically about” a potential move from the Gold Coast to SA.
What looms as an already busy trade and free agency period for the two SA clubs was added to on Wednesday morning with the Demons announcing that Neal-Bullen has requested a trade to SA for family reasons.
Adelaide Crows set to make bold play to bring South Australian Jack Lukosius home from Gold Coast
The 28-year-old has played 174 games for the Demons and said it was a tough decision.

Where will Jack Lukosius be playing in 2025?​

Gold Coast
11 %

Adelaide
51 %

Port Adelaide
34 %

Other
4 %
251 votes

While he has flown under the radar in the past, Neal-Bullen has received plaudits for his role for the Demons in 2024.
Both South Australian clubs are circling Jack Lukosius in hopes of a homecoming. Picture: Matt Roberts/AFL Photos/via Getty Images.

Both South Australian clubs are circling Jack Lukosius in hopes of a homecoming. Picture: Matt Roberts/AFL Photos/via Getty Images.

His versatility has been on show as he impressed in forward and midfield roles, especially in the Demons’ win over Port in Round 3.
Both the Crows and the Power are on the hunt for a medium-forward and the 182cm Neal-Bullen could improve both their forward lines.
The Crows are understood to have a significant amount of salary cap space following the retirement of Rory Sloane, Tom Doedee leaving and their attempt at Neal-Bullen’s teammate Harrison Petty.
Rival clubs are expecting Port’s All-Australian defender Dan Houston to request a trade to Melbourne in the off-season, so there is the potential of Neal-Bullen being included in any potential move if the Power are interested.
But it is understood that the Crows are considered as the more likely destination for Neal-Bullen at the moment.
When asked about Neal-Bullen on Wednesday, Rozee said he would leave it to those behind the scenes at the Power.
“I only saw that about half and hour ago, so not sure exactly what that means,” he said.
“I am sure he would love to get back to his family but I will leave it up to the staff (here).”
But Rozee did say the Power were looking to get better in 2025.
Rival clubs expect Dan Houston to request a trade away from the Power. Picture: Mark Brake/Getty Images.

Rival clubs expect Dan Houston to request a trade away from the Power.
“There are lots of people out there … we want to get better every year and that includes going hard in the trade period and in the draft like we have over the past couple of years,” he said.
“An important part of our side is getting people from interstate and we have a really good retention rate at our club.
“This year I am sure there will be movement, where it will be us or other clubs.”
An Adelaide spokesman said they were aware of the Demon’s trade request.
“Given he has cited family matters behind his decision to move we will respect his privacy at this time,” he said.
Lukosius could be another SA product who looks at a move home, after he was dropped by the Suns for last Saturday’s clash against Essendon and appears to be falling out of favour at Gold Coast.
It is understood Nicks met with the 24-year-old swingman last week as the Crows look to add to Jordan Dawson and Izak Rankine as SA products they have brought back to Adelaide.
Rozee and Lukosius are good friends and the Power captain joked he might have to jump in to ensure Alberton is the destination if the Woodville-West Torrens product looks to return to SA.
“We speak almost every day, not specifically about the situation but he is going OK,” he said.
“I might have to do some convincing, I’m sure he will love to come home he is a South Australian but there is a lot to play out and it is a very personal decision.”
Should Lukosius look to move to South Australia, the Power would put its name forward as a suitor but right now doesn’t have a first-round pick to use to get the Suns to part with the former No. 2 pick. The Crows have pick No. 4 and pick No. 26 - tied to Melbourne - at this stage in the draft.

Can see Port moving Houston for pick 7 and ANB, then shifting that pick to GC for Lukosius and change. Key being if GC think the bid for Lombard will drop down past pick 5.

I don't think Neal-Bullen or Lukosius are that great, frankly. I see them as take it or leave it - if we can't get a good deal, off to the Power and I won't lose sleep.
These are the type of players who immediately raise the standard of our 22. Forget where they might play, their inclusion pushes out those at the bottom of our 22 - Murphy, I'm looking at you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If GC are stupid enough to set an unrealistically high price, then we just walk away - and they're stuck with paying $1M to a disgruntled player who doesn't want to be there. They need to get his contract off the books in order to bring in other players they're targeting, so this should go through with a minimum of fuss.

It should be a single 2nd round pick, done & dusted fairly easily.
Again if their cap is at that level it’s understandable but I’ve yet to see anything concrete suggesting that’s the case. You’d think they’re not that incompetent to sacrifice Pick 7 to clean their books only to get in that same predicament again a couple years later.

my fear is ONE second rounder may not be quite enough (I havent heard anthing credible about this 1m.year for both remaining years on contract but perhaps its true)

GC will ask for first round pick swaps also I imagine (esp with Lombard a quite likely top 10 pick) and it was one thing Crows moving from 4->6 but GC beating Dons on the weekend now sees them with pick 7. Once they likely win both final 2 games (Dees at home and Tigers away) and teams sitting 10th and 11th likely lose one or both remaining games, GC could end up 10th on the ladder (pick 9 before distortions of FS Ashcroft and possible FA compo to Saints). Now I am not doing the deal if we lose pick 4 for pick 9
I agree, pick 27 and a F2 is the maximum I’d pay and I wouldn’t touch pick 4 this trade period. I don’t see why Suns would want another 1st rounder considering the Lombard bid, unless they need it to trade up with North? I’m not sure two second rounders gets you into the first round for a draft like this one. In that case I’d walk.

I agree, pick 27 and a F2 is the maximum I’d pay and I wouldn’t touch pick 4 this trade period. I don’t see why Suns would want another 1st rounder considering the Lombard bid, unless they need it to trade up with North? I’m not sure two second rounders gets you into the first round for a draft like this one. In that case I’d walk.
They would like to get in before the Lombard bid - so they get a top player + Lombard, rather than having their existing 1st round picks eaten up by an early bid on Lombard.

Again if their cap is at that level it’s understandable but I’ve yet to see anything concrete suggesting that’s the case. You’d think they’re not that incompetent to sacrifice Pick 7 to clean their books only to get in that same predicament again a couple years later.
They're not in the same territory that Collingwood was, when they had their fire sale a few years ago. They won't go over the salary cap if they keep Luko, but they also won't be able to afford the players they wish to bring in via trade. Offloading Luko frees up enough salary cap to do they trades they want.

They would like to get in before the Lombard bid - so they get a top player + Lombard, rather than having their existing 1st round picks eaten up by an early bid on Lombard.
Yeah North pick looks ideal for that. Considering how even it is in the 1-8 range of the draft, I feel 7, 11 and steak knives should be enough to entice North. I’d be surprised if they’re giving up three firsts to get Pick 2. I say this in context of Gold Coast wanting to involve first rounders in a Luko trade, which I wouldn’t entertain.

They're not in the same territory that Collingwood was, when they had their fire sale a few years ago. They won't go over the salary cap if they keep Luko, but they also won't be able to afford the players they wish to bring in via trade. Offloading Luko frees up enough salary cap to do they trades they want.
I hope for our sake you are right but I’m not getting carried away. Let’s not forget it was only the start of this year there were rumours of Gold Coast going hard at Dusty offering ridiculously big $$$.

but by finishing 10th giving the 9th overall pick (before distortions) there is a reasonable prospect Lombard goes before that. So clearly Suns are VERY motivated to trade up and select a player BEFORE Lombard gets bid on

Lombard at 12 in Cal’s top 30. GC have 7 so already in front of a likely bid

They also have pick 12 though and want to do something with that. I would be happy to swap future F1’s and give them our F2
See if they want to bet they are improving faster than we are

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back