List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Either or. Tex helping the guys through the Sanfl is a good way to keep him at the club.

No thanks, love Tex, but this jobs for life bullshit at the AFC needs to finish.

If he wants to pursue a career in footy as a coach etc, then let him do it outside of the Club he's spent his entire adult life - he won't learn anything new here.

We should be cutting Tex free.

There is little point having him as a

1) Stop gap 10-12 games
2) To teach, FFS Fogarty will be 30 and still being taught, GTFO
3) Running around the SANFL

It sucks, he should have had a farewell game but that was his to choose, not when he retires, we are a football club not a social club

We should be cutting Tex free.

There is little point having him as a

1) Stop gap 10-12 games
2) To teach, FFS Fogarty will be 30 and still being taught, GTFO
3) Running around the SANFL

It sucks, he should have had a farewell game but that was his to choose, not when he retires, we are a football club not a social club
If we’re getting Luko, I agree

But that’s still up in the air somewhat, and even a cooked Tex is better than the other forward options we have, for now

Players livelihoods are at play. They should come out of Exit Interviews with a clear idea of their future.

So the actual opposite of being ruthless. Players are a commodity to a degree - as long as they have been given a clear understanding of where they sit

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How so?

No Cumming could mean we retain Hammill?

Keane goes it would appear Borlase will be kept as depth (I wouldn't i'd move him on and give Gollant a 12 month contract to retool him in defence).

Has Berry intimated to the club he wants to stay yet? We've already put an offer to him haven't we?
How do we not know?

Berry hasnt told us? Its not up to him. We dont know if we are getting Cumming? Come on Man!

Every duck should be lined up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is absolutely no way Smith should be retained. If we can’t orchestrate moving him on we are more shit than I thought
Example of the one qualm I have about Reid - tendency to give overly long contracts

That said, I don’t mind if he’s on the list next year, as Nicks finally seems to have gotten the message that’s he’s not best 22 now. It’s not like a Sloane situation where he likely would’ve played R1 if fit, despite being cooked

That opinion could change if he’s getting games early next season, though

Players livelihoods are at play. They should come out of Exit Interviews with a clear idea of their future.
Does anyone have first hand information about exit interviews? What is done or said? Summer KPI s? Do delisted players learn their fate then?

Is an exit interview likely be a positive or negative meeting? How frank are the coaches usually?

Is there an opportunity for the player to respond or better still, express their opinion about himself, other players, coaches?

Would be interesting if someone has proper info.

Example of the one qualm I have about Reid - tendency to give overly long contracts

That said, I don’t mind if he’s on the list next year, as Nicks finally seems to have gotten the message that’s he’s not best 22 now. It’s not like a Sloane situation where he likely would’ve played R1 if fit, despite being cooked

If we're all honest with ourselves, do you see a Round 1 team he's not in?

They'll say how great of a summer he had, he's in ripping condition, ready to attack the season etc etc. Nicks can't help himself when it comes to playing experience.

I was having flashbacks of Laird from Saturday night this afternoon, and then realised he'll be 31 in a few months and still has another 2 years on his contract to run

What happened to that rule the club use to have once you turned 30 it was contract year by year? Great idea as some players hit a wall once they turn 30.

Lets look at Petracca, he is nearly 29 and has a contract to the end of 2029 (it was a 7 year contract) but when he will nearly by 34. Just madness.

I know we have Jake and Rachele signed to 2029 but they are only 21.

If we're all honest with ourselves, do you see a Round 1 team he's not in?

They'll say how great of a summer he had, he's in ripping condition, ready to attack the season etc etc. Nicks can't help himself when it comes to playing experience.
I like to take the optimistic path if there’s a pretty realistic chance of it happening, so I’m gonna say he misses R1

Like I said though, opinion could change if we hear some positive BS said about Smith during Jan/Feb

Reckon there's an offer on the table for Tex but he wants more. Collingwood 2 year offer could be genuine and he wants close to that.

Well if he wants more, then the answer is no and if Collingwood are offering two years then goodbye.

We aren’t a bloody charity and I love Tex but you have to be resolute on this. The club is bigger than the player.

I keep saying players come and go, administrators etc come and go, coaches come and go but the one constant in a club is its members - they go thru all the highs and lows. All the rest are getting paid to do a job.

Reckon there's an offer on the table for Tex but he wants more. Collingwood 2 year offer could be genuine and he wants close to that.

I doubt anyone is offering him two years but if they are he should take it. It would be best for him to experience another club.

I don't know if he wants to work in football post playing but if he does he will have to move interstate anyway or commute like Hart and Montgomery have. No way Port take him and we can't really offer him a role until he gets some experience.

If he doesn't want to move the family then he takes what he is offered. That's just part of the work life balance decisions people make all the time.

Last edited:

As Drugs Are Bad Mackay? has pointed out, we tend to forget all the lessons we have learned in a year of footy by the time the next preseason is over.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back