List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we’ve all hated Curtin being played as a defender but would it be the worst move if Worrell played in keanes role and Curtin in Worrell?

Curtin would become more an intercepting and rebounding role (3rd or 4th tall depending on if butts Is included), not a tight checking defender so it could actually still play to his strengths
Or we play Lukosius in Worell's role if needed.

Serong All Australian....

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends
Serong All Australia
McAsey somewhere in Australia

Phillipou isn't 20 until the last week of the year, what he's shown so far is amazing actually. If the player we take in the draft has shown as much at the same age we'd be ecstatic.
I haven't followed him with a critical eye. But, in your opinion, is he AA level of good in time? If yes, pick 4 is worth it.

...but the mystery of finding the next Chris Judd is enticing...and impossible to deny.

He is still 22 games off AFL life membership I think? He is on 278 and I think you need 300?

That would be his goal but I think he might need 2026 to reach that. In the end playing in a side that has missed finals seven years in a row hurts your game count.
Ouch!
That carrot has the potential to be very dangerous to us next year. It's not our club "team first" culture to rest a banged up Tex through the season and leave him stranded a couple of games short. This is vastly magnified if we're pushing for finals after mid season. The maths is so borderline I fear we'd make poor decisions.

What is truly concerning is that our coaching group believed he is that critical to success that he was rushed back in the deadest of rubbers away in the final round. This isn’t indicative of a coaching group or player that can think straight.
Team first...

I know we’ve all hated Curtin being played as a defender but would it be the worst move if Worrell played in keanes role and Curtin in Worrell?

Curtin would become more an intercepting and rebounding role (3rd or 4th tall depending on if butts Is included), not a tight checking defender so it could actually still play to his strengths
Prefer him mid , wing and forward

Luko is leaving GC because he hates playing in defense, if he nominates us it's because he has been assured he isn't going to be playing any meaningful time back there.

He's leaving because GC have told him they'd prefer it if he played for another team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Berg leaves too then, and one of the three aforementioned S players stays on the senior list.

That would leave us a bit thin in the KPF department, but I guess with Luko it might be more manageable (I'd play him up the ground and can play forward when he needs to fill a void).

Either that or we don't bring in one of our targets.

Isn’t (reportedly) the reason Luko is parting ways with GC because he wants to play forward?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

According to Mutineer there are some decent mids and talls in this draft. I hope we give ourselves enough list spots to grab :
Mid x2
KPP (195cm+)
Ruck
Welsh

We definitely won’t be getting 5 players from the draft - which f most of our trade targets are true then 3 including Welsh is likely

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ANB, Cumming, Luko, Rosas, now that's a good haul of players that will certainly propel us up the ladder. Plus pick 4, pick in the 20s, Welsh at a minimum makes seven ins. That's seven outs? Sloane, Burgess, McSpud, Hamill, Gollant, Parnell, then one of Berg/Borlase/Keane - done

Other than Nicks steering the ship, I'm much happier about 2025 already. Now just get it all done

Last edited:
ANB, Cumming, Luko, Rosas, now that's a good haul of players that will certainly propel us up the ladder. Plus pick 4, pick in the 20s, Welsh at a minimum makes seven ins. That's seven outs? Sloane, Burgess, McSpud, Hamill, Gollant, Parnell, then one of Berg/Borlase/Keane - done

Other than Nicks steering the ship, I'm much happier about 2025 already. Now just get it all done
Its been mentioned we would need to delist an extra player in that scenario due to the drafting of T Murray. Therefore if Keane is traded, and we keep Himmelberg, Shoenberg may also need to go (unless he is contracted for next year)

Luko is leaving GC because he hates playing in defense, if he nominates us it's because he has been assured he isn't going to be playing any meaningful time back there.
Sure, but if we have injuries & no other decent options, we would need to use him as required.

Can we please hurry up and announce delisting's. We need to move the deadwood on and start getting serious.
What's the hurry? We have until the end of October to finalise the list changes. They're not doing it to satisfy the need for instant gratification of club's least mature supporters.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

you can’t just move a contracted player to the rookie list, can you? Don’t you need to delist them first which would require breaking the contract and paying it out?
Yes, it requires delisting them. No, it doesn't require paying out the contract, provided they are back on our list by the time the music stops.

We only need to pay out the contract if we delist them and they don't end up on any AFL list. If they end up on someone else's list, then we have to pay any difference between their salary at their new club and what we had agreed to pay (assuming they have a lower salary at the new club). If they end up back with us, they just resume their previous contract.

According to Mutineer there are some decent mids and talls in this draft. I hope we give ourselves enough list spots to grab :
Mid x2
KPP (195cm+)
Ruck
Welsh
We don't have anywhere near enough list positions free to do all this, particularly given the number of players we've been linked to by trades.

It is highly unlikely that we will be making more than 3 draft selections in total, including Welsh, across the ND/PSD/RD.

Yes, it requires delisting them. No, it doesn't require paying out the contract, provided they are back on our list by the time the music stops.

We only need to pay out the contract if we delist them and they don't end up on any AFL list. If they end up on someone else's list, then we have to pay any difference between their salary at their new club and what we had agreed to pay (assuming they have a lower salary at the new club). If they end up back with us, they just resume their previous contract.

And you have to be careful if you go down that track as another club may steal in to take your delisted player ala hugh greenwood. So you would have to make sure whatever player was picked to delist to then rookie was one you were prepared to possibly lose

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back