List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ANB, Cumming, Luko, Rosas, now that's a good haul of players that will certainly propel us up the ladder. Plus pick 4, pick in the 20s, Welsh at a minimum makes seven ins. That's seven outs? Sloane, Burgess, McSpud, Hamill, Gollant, Parnell, then one of Berg/Borlase/Keane - done

Other than Nicks steering the ship, I'm much happier about 2025 already. Now just get it all done
8 outs, because we've already brought in Turray.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to see how the club can get all these moves done, given how few uncontracted players remain.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don't have anywhere near enough list positions free to do all this, particularly given the number of players we've been linked to by trades.

It is highly unlikely that we will be making more than 3 draft selections in total, including Welsh, across the ND/PSD/RD.

At the moment.

Imo we will.end up.with some trades out.

And you have to be careful if you go down that track as another club may steal in to take your delisted player ala hugh greenwood. So you would have to make sure whatever player was picked to delist to then rookie was one you were prepared to possibly lose
Yes, there's always the risk of gazumping. You only do this with players you don't mind losing and/or are highly unlikely to be grabbed by another club.

At least stephens is still on an AFL list..low bar but higher than McAsey
They're whining about Serong, because he's just been named in the AA team. Stephens is only marginally closer to AA selection than McAsey, who is no longer in the AFL.

Delist and contract payout for anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Possible, but unlikely. Burgess the only likely candidate, assuming we gave him 2 years when we traded for him. Most people are already counting him on their list of outs anyway.

When you have a list that has so many players that won't be in our next successful team, it's time to be decisive and courageous and move them on. We will just stay the same if we don't.
Sadly the Smith and Berry decisions don't give an indication that things are about to change.

I quote Barrett

IF ...​

this club isn't right now pulling apart every facet of its operations, on and off field, in a ruthless critique of what it wants to stand for

THEN ...​

2025 will be like 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018 … has become complacent and embarrassingly underwhelming. Crows once stood for something, but recently, they have become comfortable in being mediocre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team List for 2025

1 - Chayce Jones
2 - Ben Keays
3 - Sam Berry
4 - Lachlan Murphy
5 - Matt Crouch
6 - Dan Curtin
7 - Riley Thilthorpe
8 - Josh Rachele
9 - Luke Pedlar
10 - Charlie Edwards
11 - Jordan Dawson
12 - Taylor Walker
13 - Jake Soligo
14 - Brayden Cook
15 - Max Michalanney
16 - Zac Taylor
17 - Mitch Hinge
18 - Oscar Ryan
19 - Izak Rankine
20 - Josh Worrell
21 - Harry Schoenberg
22 - Luke Nankervis
23 - Nick Murray
24 - Rory laird
25 - Wayne Milera
26 - Billy Dowling
27 - Darcy Fogarty
28 - Brodie Smith
29 - James Borlase - Rookie
30 - Lachlan Sholl
31 - Toby Murray - Rookie
32 - Hugh Bond
33 - Jordan Butts
34 - Reilly O'Brien
35 - Isaac Cumming - Free Agent
36 - Alex Neale Bullen - Traded in
37 - Jack Lukosius - Traded in

Is it 38 and 4 still.

So 3 Picks in draft and two Rookie Picks

How we get these three in without trading pick 4 i dont know. But i leave that to the experts.

Last edited:
I still think we're in the box seat with Luko.

I'm pretty sure the AFL changed the rules after Bowes that clubs could no longer restructure incoming contacts.

1 million is a pretty big price tag and given that Port are pushing out Houston there must be some sort of cap squeeze. So with them being heavily into Perryman as a free agent I can't see how they fit Luko in their cap.

Team List for 2025

1 - Chayce Jones
2 - Ben Keays
3 - Sam Berry
4 - Lachlan Murphy
5 - Matt Crouch
6 - Dan Curtin
7 - Riley Thilthorpe
8 - Josh Rachele
9 - Luke Pedlar
10 - Charlie Edwards
11 - Jordan Dawson
12 - Taylor Walker
13 - Jake Soligo
14 - Brayden Cook
15 - Max Michalanney
16 - Zac Taylor
17 - Mitch Hinge
18 - Oscar Ryan
19 - Izak Rankine
20 - Josh Worrell
21 - Harry Schoenberg
22 - Luke Nankervis
23 - Nick Murray
24 - Rory laird
25 - Wayne Milera
26 - Billy Dowling
27 - Darcy Fogarty
28 - Brodie Smith
30 - Lachlan Sholl
32 - Hugh Bond
33 - Jordan Butts
34 - Reilly O'Brien
35 - Isaac Cumming - Traded in

Is it 38 and 4 still.

How we get these three in without trading pick 4 i dont know. But i leave tht to the expeerts.
We're currently at 38+5 (37 if you include Sloane's retirement).

As things currently stand, we'd be able to take 1 pick in the ND and -1 picks in the RD.

Given the players we're looking at exiting, and the number of players we're expecting to trade/FA in, it's unlikely that we'll have any positions at all for making "live" picks in the RD.

Team List for 2025

1 - Chayce Jones
2 - Ben Keays
3 - Sam Berry
4 - Lachlan Murphy
5 - Matt Crouch
6 - Dan Curtin
7 - Riley Thilthorpe
8 - Josh Rachele
9 - Luke Pedlar
10 - Charlie Edwards
11 - Jordan Dawson
12 - Taylor Walker
13 - Jake Soligo
14 - Brayden Cook
15 - Max Michalanney
16 - Zac Taylor
17 - Mitch Hinge
18 - Oscar Ryan
19 - Izak Rankine
20 - Josh Worrell
21 - Harry Schoenberg
22 - Luke Nankervis
23 - Nick Murray
24 - Rory laird
25 - Wayne Milera
26 - Billy Dowling
27 - Darcy Fogarty
28 - Brodie Smith
30 - Lachlan Sholl
32 - Hugh Bond
33 - Jordan Butts
34 - Reilly O'Brien
35 - Isaac Cumming - Traded in

Is it 38 and 4 still.

How we get these three in without trading pick 4 i dont know. But i leave tht to the expeerts.

Cumming is a FA
ANB won’t cost us anywhere near pick 4
I reckon with Luko it’ll involve next years first with a reshuffle of picks

I'm pretty sure the AFL changed the rules after Bowes that clubs could no longer restructure incoming contacts.

1 million is a pretty big price tag and given that Port are pushing out Houston there must be some sort of cap squeeze. So with them being heavily into Perryman as a free agent I can't see how they fit Luko in their cap.

Is it cap squeeze or brilliant/fortunate list management?
Perryman comes in at no cost and essentially picks up Houston wage and is not a major downgrade
Port get a first rounder - back in the draft or trading for other needs.

Is it cap squeeze or brilliant/fortunate list management?
Perryman comes in at no cost and essentially picks up Houston wage and is not a major downgrade
Port get a first rounder - back in the draft or trading for other needs.

You bet, they have no problems forcing out a contracted player if it suits them and here they think they can snare a top 10 pick in this draft whilst Perryman will primarily cover Houstons role - so they might end up - if say St Kilda parted with their probable band 1 compo pick, a Lalor?, a Travaglia?...so yeah, if that was us I would be demanding they try to engineer that scenario

Don't Perryman and Houston basically play the same position? So they just wanting some high end draft picks? I don't think anyone is going to bite.

I think you’ll find that not able to restructure Contracts only applies to the bidding process on Unrestricted FA

I think you’ll find that not able to restructure Contracts only applies to the bidding process on Unrestricted FA

Ah okay

I know that there was a massive uproar from other clubs about Geelong smoothing out Bowes' deal and clubs wanted it stamped out, sounds like the AFL didn't do anything about it.

The AFL will most probably wait until a non-Vic club tries to exploit it before they shut it down.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back