List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Keane saga is weird.

He has a year left on his contract but there's been so much noise about him moving to Collingwood in the media. Then recently there's the long term contract we're offering him being talked about on the front page of afl.com.au.

Why is this getting so much airtime? If the deal is there why hasn't he signed it yet? Why wasn't it just negotiated behind closed doors and signed.

I reckon where there's smoke there's fire.

I think he is open to a trade but is also happy to stay.
I also think we're happy for him to stay but we're also interested in what Collingwood would give up for him.

Pumping up our offer to a 5 year contract and leaking it to the media feels like a bargaining method.

I'm probably miles off and he signs on Monday, but if not something smells.

View attachment 2104573

When guys like Griffin Logie are on $800 k a year people don’t appreciate what Keane is worth.
I want to keep him but happy to trade for the right deal.
Think there is a standoff with Collingwood trying to get what we want, hope we get a late 1st or
very early 2nd if he goes.

When do we stop saying this, he’s been on the list long enough to have a better tank

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Imo the only way he makes it is as a hybrid deep forward. He played that way in the 2nd half of the hawks away game. Problem is with the three headed monster we have there is no need / room for a hybrid deep forward

Ryder is from a different generation you ant count him. OK he was bordering A grader.

Allir ok I give you B- the rest are rubbish

All Australian Allir? A B-

Would hate to see you rank our guys then

I appreciate it is easy to find the faults in other teams players - particularly Port players - but the easiest non bias measurement is the premiership table. Port finish top 4 most years (4 out of the last 5?)
That suggests while clearly they have holes in their side (and finals shows that) they are much better than we give them credit for.

I would love to enter a season where I know my team is going to win 14 plus games - and my only concern was if we could get over the best sides in the biggest games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Keane saga is weird.

He has a year left on his contract but there's been so much noise about him moving to Collingwood in the media. Then recently there's the long term contract we're offering him being talked about on the front page of afl.com.au.

Why is this getting so much airtime? If the deal is there why hasn't he signed it yet? Why wasn't it just negotiated behind closed doors and signed.

I also think we're happy for him to stay but we're also interested in what Collingwood would give up for him.

Pumping up our offer to a 5 year contract and leaking it to the media feels like a bargaining method.

View attachment 2104573

I think he and his manager are testing the market, we probably have a reasonable offer on the table but he is hoping someone will pay overs in Victoria.

As Houston is finding out because it's a strong draft and a number of Victorian clubs are lacking good draft hands everyone is a bit hesitant to give up the kind of picks required.

If it was 12 months ago it would be a different story.

I agree it's a bit unusual. People will say he is entitled to test the market but he is under contract. Even if he stays with us you wouldn't be confident he will see out the next contract.

Realistically, the difference between Gollant and Borlase’s prospects are that we probably need a break glass KPD like Borlase (for next year, anyway), while we have more depth in Gollant’s position (Fog/RT/Tex/Welsh/Turray/Burgess? As well as maybe Luko)

No real need for Gollant moving forward

I reckon our break glass depth shouldn't be known low ceiling players. If we're contending it could be a little different, but we need to be turning over those types hoping to unearth top dozen quality performers.

Wayne thinks by continually acting like he’s got this football intellect that helps him see what a good coach is that we will ignore he called the coach rogue bonkers.

No one in their mind can with a straight face argue that Nicks hasn’t made a number of errors this year which have impacted our results.

But then again Wayne used injuries and a 5 day break to explain losing to Richmond at home whilst ignoring their injuries and they also had a 5 day break.

Old Waynus has proven himself the most biased poster here. He has a fixed position and manufactures garbage arguments to support it. No amount of clear contradictory evidence can sway him.

The Keane saga is weird.

View attachment 2104573
it's unusual agree

I reckon our break glass depth shouldn't be known low ceiling players. If we're contending it could be a little different, but we need to be turning over those types hoping to unearth top dozen quality performers.
Fair enough, but let’s say we draft a young KPD with a pick this year. Realistically it wouldn’t be great development if we got long-term injuries to two of Murray/Keane/Butts, and we had to feed our first-year tall to the wolves for an extended period of time, well before they were ready to play

Ideal scenario for me would’ve been to draft a developing KPD this year, keep Borlase for one more year and then delist, with the young KPD ready to compete at AFL level in 2026. But Borlase will be on the list longer than that in reality, of course

(This is assuming we don’t sign or trade for a top level KPD next year - I’d still go for Ballard from GC, nonetheless)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All Australian Allir? A B-

Would hate to see you rank our guys then

I appreciate it is easy to find the faults in other teams players - particularly Port players - but the easiest non bias measurement is the premiership table. Port finish top 4 most years (4 out of the last 5?)
That suggests while clearly they have holes in their side (and finals shows that) they are much better than we give them credit for.

I would love to enter a season where I know my team is going to win 14 plus games - and my only concern was if we could get over the best sides in the biggest games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Allir isnt great in big games. He's just not. He got absolutely pants on thursday night. i mean we can usually pants him as well. He is not A grade.
Ports A graders are houston, butters, JHF, rozee, bergman IMO

We currently only have two: dawson, rankine

Look at our premiership years we had 8 or 9. No wonder we won.

Decent? Maybe. But it's not a good strike rate and none have been great. they've bought in a ton of b-graders and only one A-grader - JHF.
We've brought in Dawson, Rankine, Hinge, Keays. That's the last four.
No comparison

So is there a trading strike rate trophy that we won? Or are forced to compare ourselves via win:loss and/or ladder position.
No comparison.

Allir isnt great in big games. He's just not. He got absolutely pants on thursday night. i mean we can usually pants him as well. He is not A grade.
Ports A graders are houston, butters, JHF, rozee, bergman IMO

We currently only have two: dawson, rankine

Look at our premiership years we had 8 or 9. No wonder we won.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Worrell and Thilthorpe push into A grade territory in the next year or two. Hopefully Soligo does, too

But yeah, we need more than what we currently have

Fair enough, but let’s say we draft a young KPD with a pick this year. Realistically it wouldn’t be great development if we got long-term injuries to two of Murray/Keane/Butts, and we had to feed our first-year tall to the wolves for an extended period of time, well before they were ready to play

Ideal scenario for me would’ve been to draft a developing KPD this year, keep Borlase for one more year and then delist, with the young KPD ready to compete at AFL level in 2026. But Borlase will be on the list longer than that in reality, of course

(This is assuming we don’t sign or trade for a top level KPD next year - I’d still go for Ballard from GC, nonetheless)

I don't think getting a few games if required would be bad development. There's a bit of hysteria over the McAsey debacle, him playing early most likely had little to do with that poor outcome.

I think he and his manager are testing the market, we probably have a reasonable offer on the table but he is hoping someone will pay overs in Victoria.

As Houston is finding out because it's a strong draft and a number of Victorian clubs are lacking good draft hands everyone is a bit hesitant to give up the kind of picks required.

If it was 12 months ago it would be a different story.

I agree it's a bit unusual. People will say he is entitled to test the market but he is under contract. Even if he stays with us you wouldn't be confident he will see out the next contract.
We wouldn't want to front end Keanes' contract or as soon as it drops into the back end he will be gone

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Crows need to head hunt Chris Scott to be the next Crows coach. Tell him to write his own cheque, bring his own assistant's, and cull/recruit the players he wants to coach. There is no ifs, buts, or maybes ... The Crows need Chris Scott to take charge! Ricciuto needs to get this done.

This is fantasy land stuff.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Worrell and Thilthorpe push into A grade territory in the next year or two. Hopefully Soligo does, too

But yeah, we need more than what we currently have
Yeh on path to A-grade I would say IMO (just on potential that might get there): Thil, Soli, MM, Hinge, Rash (yes Rash), Fog (yes Fog).

This is fantasy land stuff.
Indeed.

We need to go hard for someone who is gettable.... like Buckley.

Hopefully Ken stays at Port so they don't go after him.

No chance of Scott leaving the Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back