List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

McHenry talking like he’s still fully attached to the club by talking about roles next year for players in the team including talking about Neal-Bullen spending time in the midfield and referring still to the club as ‘we’ on 5aa was rather concerning to hear.

The recruiting rules are changing so maybe playing SANFL?

I don't see how we can keep him given our AFL list spots unless we pay someone out but that doesn't make sense just to keep Ned.

Last edited:
its also a deep draft this year. Lots of talented kids available and welsh may be going a bit under the radar in our SANFL side
I think you could be onto something in stating that he is going under the radar a bit in our SANFL side. Playing him predominately on a wing does not highlight his natural attributes. To me, he has third tall written all over him with his explosive pace and long kicking. Maybe we wanted to get his fitness up a bit? As a bit of a man-child, and considering he has been in our system, he could potentially come straight in next year and play the could have been Lukosius role.

Has the Caleb Daniel talk dried up? Didn't think he looked too bad in his last few games.

Cumming and Daniel adds some decent disposal to our half back line and could potentially release Nank and Hinge further up the ground.

Has Daniel ever played half forward?

Has the Caleb Daniel talk dried up? Didn't think he looked too bad in his last few games.

Cumming and Daniel adds some decent disposal to our half back line and could potentially release Nank and Hinge further up the ground.

Has Daniel ever played half forward?

He's 29 next season. Only played 16 games this year, I don't think he had any major injuries, just not making the cut.

We've already got Laird and possibly Smith to fit into the back line.

I think you could be onto something in stating that he is going under the radar a bit in our SANFL side. Playing him predominately on a wing does not highlight his natural attributes. To me, he has third tall written all over him with his explosive pace and long kicking. Maybe we wanted to get his fitness up a bit? As a bit of a man-child, and considering he has been in our system, he could potentially come straight in next year and play the could have been Lukosius role.
Fog, TT, Welsh is better balanced than Fog, TT, Walker. Welsh is fast enough to apply some pressure, kinda like Macadam did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short of an injury crisis If Smith plays AFL next season we are so cooked.
We did Smith a disservice this year when he soldiered on with the back injury early in the season.

Was awful.

Really digs a hole for ourselves. We can't then rest him because his terrible form means he's desperate to stay in the team and turn it around.

We do stupid, harmful things at every turn

Is Houston really worth 2x firsts?

I don't think so. He is a good player but I think he is worth around pick 10-14 at best given his age and the type of role he plays.

Last year they might have got it but this year is a stronger draft.

They say they want picks this year but to get Kangaroo's future first would be handy

I am excited about welsh... If he was playing u18s this year killing smaller key defenders every week he would be more highly touted
Sure might take a few years to be super competitive at afl but I'm confident he has some afl traits unlike gollant

We seriously must be considering pay out a contract or two and that is what is taking so long in terms of announcing our cuts.

Ie if Himmelberg is gone and we cut Burgess and Gollant..... Tex is on one leg so our forward talls would be so very thin.

Welsh coming in I guess but Tex Fog Thilthorpe and T.Murray is pretty light on.

We have too many half forward types on the list and we're gonna add to that list with ANB and not enough gut running pure wingers nor do we have any break the lines half backs, Nank is tracking ok but we do lack a great distributor which is why Cumming is so important as Milera may never be fit for a full season.

It's clearly the opposite.
Nobody wants to join us so now we're going to have too many list spots for not enough players.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back