Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone holding out hope for 6 & 10/11 for 2 should be prepared for disappointment. It ain't gonna happen with Ol' Big Nose at the helm. Absolute best will be 6, 18, and possibly 24 or a future 2nd.

Did anyone tell our club
“Losing the 25 and 44 to get our players in, it can probably look like we are little bit light on for this years’ draft, there’s options with the [pick] 2, there’s options with our future hand, future 1, 2,3,4, still up our sleeve, we can trade up to draft night, we can trade on the night, so we’ll keep exploring better ways to improve our draft hand this year to add to the experience we’ve brought in” - Brady

Came to suss what Kangas fans were saying about splitting your pick...

I hate to pop the bubble, but there's absolutely no chance Richmond would trade out pick 10 or 11 to move up 4 spots from 6 to 2, in what has been well established as one of the most even drafts of all time.

That trade would be a significantly worse outcome for the Tigers as opposed to just taking our picks 1, 6, 10 and 11 to the draft. Effectively, it would mean giving up a top 10 pick to rise 4 spots.

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hate to pop the bubble, but there's absolutely no chance Richmond would trade out pick 10 or 11 to move up 4 spots from 6 to 2, in what has been well established as one of the most even drafts of all time.

That trade would be a significantly worse outcome for the Tigers as opposed to just taking our picks 1, 6, 10 and 11 to the draft. Effectively, it would mean giving up a top 10 pick to rise 4 spots.

And there’s absolutely no chance you move up from the Langford/Smille bracket into the absolute top tier with just pick 18.

It would be fairly crazy if the only absolutely top elite midfield prospect you walk away with from this draft is Lalor with 8 picks inside 24. Who has plenty of question marks himself.

Well guess you’re missing out on getting 2 of fos, smith, Lalor then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great thing is we get to see. I don’t think we are surprised that Tigers supporters want to underpay. You’ve just been gifted pick 6+ for Dan Rioli. Things are pretty good in your “bubble” right now.
So do you take Jagga, FOS or Lalor?

goBackWorm.gif

IMG_6758.gif

The great thing is we get to see. I don’t think we are surprised that Tigers supporters want to underpay. You’ve just been gifted pick 6+ for Dan Rioli. Things are pretty good in your “bubble” right now.
So do you take Jagga, FOS or Lalor?
No need for the tigers to move up when they can take 2 top mids within 7 with another 2 top 11 picks to play with.

It seems like moreso North needs to split 2 rather than Richmond wants to move up. Tigers are already in a good spot.

But, for say 6 and 18 you guys could realistically get Tauru/Armstrong and and Shanahan/Faul/Whitlock, it seems to me that would be a much more favourable outcome for North than taking say FOS alone at 2.

Don't get me wrong 2 would be good, but giving 6 and 11 for 2 would be big overs to pay.

Yeah I wouldn’t do it if I were a tigers fan either. But I would be tempted by 2 and F1 for 6, 10 and one of the later first rounders. Tigers need multiple years to attack the draft and our F1 would be perfect for you (albeit agreed that this is a deep draft this year so I’d try to keep at least 4-5 first rounders)

No need for the tigers to move up when they can take 2 top mids within 7 with another 2 top 11 picks to play with.

It seems like moreso North needs to split 2 rather than Richmond wants to move up. Tigers are already in a good spot.

But, for say 6 and 18 you guys could realistically get Tauru/Armstrong and and Shanahan/Faul/Whitlock, it seems to me that would be a much more favourable outcome for North than taking say FOS alone at 2.

Don't get me wrong 2 would be good, but giving 6 and 11 for 2 would be big overs to pay.

You don’t get 2 top mids within 7.

You get 1 and then a rung down.

Personally, I’m of the opinion the mids are slightly overrated in this pool and the talls severely underrated.

A lot has been said about our need for a developing key forward. It all depends on what the plans are for Chom going forward. If they plan to swing him forward in a couple of years, a key forward isn't as much of a factor as it seems. If Bitchmond try to rip us off for pick 2 then hold it and take one of the big 4 mids. Anything could happen trade/free agent wise as we improve next year.

They don’t usually send the brightest in the first wave of attack - thanks for being the sacrificial lamb

Oh wormy, the bubble hasn't been popped and its not going to be, the well established draft of all time is true but what a lot of people are forgetting are a few important details.
1/ The top six midfielders in this draft are in different ways elite, after that you have a very very strong and even draft.

2/ Like St Kilda and Melbourne who both need an elite midfielder, they are there if you have the picks, if you have the courage and if you back in your knowledge that quality trumps over quantity most times.

3/ List managers and recruiters have sometimes a vastly different opinion on players that supporters do and sometimes do things that supporters would laugh at if someone told them that a certain scenario might happen. One classic example is West Coast, not one supporter thought their club would do what they did and look what happened? A lot of supporters have been saying {like the media} the same old thing about this draft without checking the facts and telling the rest of the story.

4/ A classic example is Carlton, even though every second person is sprouting an even draft Carlton moved at warp speed to get that pick 3, now why do you think they did that? Answer, to get that elite midfielder of their choice. A little tip, Carlton won't be the only one to do this and get that star midfielder

Sure you can sit where you are but it depends how much you want somebody in the top three.
And 6 and 10/11 is not too far off the Eagles trade of 2 (Wardlaw) for 8 and 12.
Crows gave up 10, 14 and F2 to get pick 8 for Dan Curtin. And Sanders was 10, 17 and F1 for pick 4.
I get it's an even draft, but it will take more than 6 and 18. The two teams will figure something out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back