Votes: 21 6.0%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 63 18.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Jagga, FOS & Lalor are taken top-3, do you take Draper, or someone else?
It’s a great question. I prob would take Draper, despite my concerns. But I’m certainly not as sold on him as others. I still think Langford could be the sleeping giant of this draft. Even though he isn’t quick.

But if I have a choice out of need (for speed, agility) I’d go Jagga.

I come in peace. Well done on executing that trade with WC. You were the envy of the comp when that dropped.

What I find funny (not criticism) is how much your board loves Draper. I’m concerned about his lack of polish and propensity to panic with ball in hand, tends to put the receiver under pressure. He doesn’t hit the scoreboard all that often either.

Now, I know these kids are not perfect and there’s plenty of improvement to come. Im just concerned that he won’t be able to iron out his panicky ways/lack of poise? It’s why I’d be happy for Jagga to slide to us at 4. But, hey, what would I know.

Interesting times ahead, nonetheless. Good luck.

No offense taken. Yeah, agree this board seems to have fallen in love with Draper. Same as I described with Richmond and FOS + Lalor. I think we have just had so many slow mids recently that we are excited by someone with a bit of pace. I'm personally team Jagga but Draper is a close 2nd.

It's funny how hell-bent Richmond supporters are on getting Lalor and FOS when they aren't getting much love here. Everyone's seeing the same footage. Not a criticism. Just interesting.
Are we talking up the guys that might be 3rd or 4th best because we're talking ourselves into thinking we will have the best players available at our pick?

I think it's worth contemplating where a potential draftees fits into our side, both next year and in about 3 years time.

Lalor, starts half-forward impacting mid. Develops into full time mid

O'Sullivan, starts half-forward impacting mid. Develops into full time mid

Draper, centre square mid, either VFL or AFL.

Jagga, starts wing, maybe Half-back, developing into full time mid.

Langford, centre square mid, either VFL or AFL.

Smilie, centre square mid, either VFL or AFL.

Reid, can see Half-back general type into mid.

This is why I think we are picking Lalor, O'Sullivan or Draper.

We want a point of difference in the mid group, particularly Burst out of stoppage.

Jagga, Smilie, Langford, Reid are all high quality prospects, who don't fit what we need in the short to medium term.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jagga has become my first choice for pick 3 if he’s there 🤞🏼

I think I've gotten to a point where Jagga and Draper are almost equal number 1s for me. I'd be stoked with either but I'd pick Draper if I had a gun pointed at me. Then FOS is alone in my second tier - I'd still be excited to land him but I'd be worried if we picked him over Jagga/Draper.

I think it's worth contemplating where a potential draftees fits into our side, both next year and in about 3 years time.

We want a point of difference in the mid group, particularly Burst out of stoppage.

Jagga, Smilie, Langford, Reid are all high quality prospects, who don't fit what we need in the short to medium term.

This....also reckon FOS can play across any line

I’ll disagree only with your second paragraph. Josh Smillie is big time impact. Don’t care if he’s Cripps size, he’s a bull mid that can impact games. He can also go forward and play that 3rd tall. Touted early on as #1 pick potential and nothing has changed my belief. Trading with RICH for 6 and 11 would be ideal, but I’d take him at 1 also. The days of the Cripps, Bonts and Greens are far from over. Going to the bench after a goal is what should be over. Rest your bull mid in the forward line. Smillie measured 195.5. I’ll take all that. Cripps is also 29.

100% agree.

If I had to pick which of the kids is most likely to win a brownlow I'd be on Smillie. Not just because he reminds me of Cripps but he does some real damage with the ball. Cripps took a while to develop that.

What's the knock on Langford and why aren't more talking about him for our pick? His disposal looks the cleanest of most of the people that have been discussed in this thread recently. Has height, good disposal, clean, work ethic, reasonable pace and seems to rarely turn it over. Would think he offers something we don't have already in our midfield.
Slow

A few in here thinking Smith goes top 2, but reading Richmond and North's draft threads the consensus seems to be that Lalor and FOS go 1 and 2. Some suggesting otherwise, but for the most part.

Gut feel is we're gonna have the choice between Jagga and Draper, and that's just a great place to be.
The clear best two in the draft so that would be wonderful

A few in here thinking Smith goes top 2, but reading Richmond and North's draft threads the consensus seems to be that Lalor and FOS go 1 and 2. Some suggesting otherwise, but for the most part.

Gut feel is we're gonna have the choice between Jagga and Draper, and that's just a great place to be.
Between Jagga and Draper, who would you select?

Also, how good is it to be picking this high up again whilst not actually being dog shiite?
This is the point people need to appreciate. Can't be understated how Daicos, Ashcroft and even someone like JHF at Port flourish because they were elite players coming into top sides. Gives us so much more scope of landing an elite player because they will have so much more support and protection to build their confidence and improve.

Pretty accurate though I'll add that I think FOS and Lalor will spend alot of time deep forward and not get much mid time next year. I think Draper will also start forward but more as a half forward pushing up and get rotations in the middle. Won't be a fulltime mid but get plenty of time there. Same with Jagga though he could also play wing or half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue with this is AFL players running loads greatly limit how much weight they can gain rapidly due to the huge amounts of cardio they do.

But his priority would likely be stacking on weight from the moment he enters the AFL system
I don’t disagree with this, not to think I was running as much as an afl player but I was able to run 15-16 beep tests during this gain. It’s all possible but obv genetics play a huge element to both the gain and fitness, and commitment / maturity to both as well 👍🏻

Just excited to see who we take, enough about me and the dream life of no full time work or commitments and 15 hours of weights a week 😂

Let’s go Draper 😁

Tiges have had the unique advantage of road testing each of the top prospects in the VFL while they were tanking the season. We'll be picking from whoever they like less out of FOS and Jagga and just have to hope they get the order wrong.

It's funny how hell-bent Richmond supporters are on getting Lalor and FOS when they aren't getting much love here. Everyone's seeing the same footage. Not a criticism. Just interesting.
Plenty of love for Lalor from me. He’s in my top 2 available players.

If Richmond gets pick 2 they should take Jagga and one of Lalor and O'Sullivan.

Rebuild requires a variety of players, and a super consistent link up player is a great piece next to a high impact mid-forward.

Two high impact mid-forward s competing for the same spot isn't a great use of draft resources

I'd do 6 and 10/11 for 3.

Means we only paid Owies to upgrade from 12 and 14.

At those picks I'd take Smillie and Lindsay/Travaglia

We didn't trade up to 3 in order to trade down again.

Jagga is Judd like with his extractions, spins and line breaking pace

Just very, very, very, skinny right now

Would not think he’d line up round one, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back