Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 66 18.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jagga is Judd like with his extractions, spins and line breaking pace

Just very, very, very, skinny right now

Would not think he’d line up round one, right?

Ive had to be careful with the videos I've watched as FOS looked skinny in many of his too, but the later shots show he has put on some size. Jagga had toothpick arms in his highlights. He has some lean muscle but heaps of work to do.

Jagga Smith.jpg

Ive had to be careful with the videos I've watched as FOS looked skinny in many of his too, but the later shots show he has put on some size. Jagga had toothpick arms in his highlights. He has some lean muscle but heaps of work to do.

View attachment 2147586
Yes true, he is very lean but he’s not just skin and bone - lean and mean, not skinny and weak, definitely a great athlete

he is unbelievable man, I would be over the moon with Jagga at #3

Cal Twomey begs to differ …

He said all of Lalor, Jagga, Finn, Draper and Langford will all play round 1 so we shall see
To be fair what does Cal Twomey really know about whether any of these guys are going to play round 1.

I mean, you know that’s just like his opinion man….:)

1729313764570.jpeg

View attachment 2147586
Agreed! His only 18 give him a few pre seasons in an elite system and his body will be completely different when his 21 and his body will be AFL hardened

He looks hard as nails but he is skinny, I would hope they all would

Rethinking the comparison, maybe more Butters like than Judd like

He excites me the most for our requirements
With Jagga’s built, if you’ve seen Nick Watson live and up close I found it surprising someone so small and light can have such a huge impact on a contest and even tho they are different players I have no doubt Jagga will have the same impact with his football intelligence, his class, his read of the game, his confidence and composure

From what I’m reading, many have already flipped on their preferred selection at pick 3 since Trade Period ended on Wednesday. The draft is a month away so by then preferences will no doubt change again (and again). That I’m certain of.

So let’s just sit back and enjoy the fact that we are a serious top 4 contender in 2025 AND we have the luxury of picking at 3. Doesn’t happen often.

Whoever we select will likely be based on ‘who’s left’. But regardless we get a gun 200+ gamer…

A month to go.
Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

Between Jagga and Draper, who would you select?
I know nothing, I've watched highlights only but I'm planning to watch some full games soon. Stoked with either, I can picture them both being guns at AFL level.

I know people are worried about picking the next Dow (love you Paddy, mean no disrespect), but for some reason I'm scared of picking the next Will Phillips! So I went and watched his highlights and imagined he was a prospect in this draft and they did not do it for me, feel like these guys look much more likely to transition to AFL level.

Why are people labeled sheep if they like a certain player for Carlton to draft. I like Draper or Smith but whoever Carlton draft than I will support. When people call other people sheep I think that says more about them imo.
cause if a certain poster most look up to says “whoever” most agree on this platform. cause a player in the draft is ‘pigeon holed’ as a defender doesn’t means jshite…you look at his physical and athletic attributes…his capabilities. Bo Allen can be a star midfielder…he’s more advanced as an all round player than the 4 midfielders that everyone suggests.
back in 2019 I suggested moving McGovern behind the ball…the suggestion was laughed at !

cause if a certain poster most look up to says “whoever” most agree on this platform. cause a player in the draft is ‘pigeon holed’ as a defender doesn’t means jshite…you look at his physical and athletic attributes…his capabilities.
back in 2019 I suggested moving McGovern behind the ball…the suggestion was laughed at !
Relax man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people labeled sheep if they like a certain player for Carlton to draft. I like Draper or Smith but whoever Carlton draft than I will support. When people call other people sheep I think that says more about them imo.
I fully agree with you!

Though I do think there is a way that some posters use to support their first choice which shuts down all other options. One poster the other day said they saw no AFL qualities in Lalor. I mean… excuse me? A player tipped to go top three in the draft has no AFL qualities?

I am anything but an expert. The video footage of FOS hasn’t excited me though. But I will say he looks an excellent mark, and he has a happy knack of making forward 50 entries. I am like you ZabsBlues. If we take him, I am well and truly on board!

I do think it’s good not to be dismissive of what others might see in different players. What you’ve said above really resonates with me.

Tiger nuffies are somehow even more insufferable on Bigfooty than I could have imagined. Suddenly, they have picks 1 and 2 and we made a blunder trading for 3 because our targets will be gone. For semi toothless ferals, they have an uncanny wisdom to see into the future.

Tiger nuffies are somehow even more insufferable on Bigfooty than I could have imagined. Suddenly, they have picks 1 and 2 and we made a blunder trading for 3 because our targets will be gone. For semi toothless ferals, they have an uncanny wisdom to see into the future.
worst board on this site, genuinely feral

My current predicted top 15 (not including academy)

1. Sam Lalor (Tigers)
2. Finn O’Sullivan (Tigers traded from North)
3. Jagga Smith (Blues)
4. Sid Draper (Crows)
5. Harvey Langford (Dees)
6. Alix Tauru (North traded from Tigers)
7. Josh Smillie (Saints)
8. Murphy Reid (Saints)
9. Harry Armstrong (Dees)
10. Tobie Travaglia (Tigers)
11. Luke Trainor (North traded from Tigers)
12. Bo Allen (Eagles)
13. Jack Whitlock (Power)
14. Taj Hotton (Freo)
15. Xavier Lindsay (Giants)
I think Murphy Reid could be one of the saints picks, and although he lacks pace he is quick with how he reads the game and moves the ball, which sounds a bit like Pendles. I think the other pick might go on a tall defender because they obviously need a Battle replacement and chased Kemp proving it, so I could imagine them going after Trainor before NM get him........

I’ll be slightly concerned if we take FOS purely reading through write ups (I haven’t viewed any footage of anyone). Being a low disposal accumulator worries me when he goes to the next level. Anyone know comparatively out of curiosity what Martin or Heeney averaged in their draft year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back