• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 8.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Case in point. If I'm picking Hannaford it's to play the role he's actually proven to perform in consistently, not a role he's played 1 good game on the big stage in.

You are right though, that semi was a thing of beauty from Zac. Watching the Pies have their hearts broken once again always brings a tear of joy to my eyes
It's o.k some people don't have any dare, common trait these days. Guess you would have passed on a lot champion mids that played FWD underage.

It's o.k some people don't have any dare, common trait these days. Guess you would have passed on a lot champion mids that played FWD underage.
Reckon this may be the first time I've ever been accused of being too conservative with my hypothetical list management decisions 😂😂😂

Normally I'm advocating for trading half the list

I see this place hasn't changed, so welcoming. might be time for some new mods, well overtime some might say

No, it hasn't changed. We're always big on posters respecting each other.

I'd welcome you however, but it appears you've already been here before so it's probably a moot point.

You should probably take your mod comments to the site admins though. Public undermining doesn't go down too well.

FWIW, I'd take Hannaford and play him all over.

Last edited:
His finals serious was impressive, kicking 6 goals in the quarter finals was also something of note.
Absolutely it was, as a small forward. All I'm saying is you don't draft a player to play midfield based off one game that he did indeed play midfield. 95% of Hannafords season was spent on a flank either end of the field.

SPS had that game against the Bulldogs that still sticks in the memory, Williams in the semi final vs the Pies... You pick players based on a body of work, not a flash in the pan.

AFL Draft 2024: Finn O’Sullivan a complete package as Blues eye him with pick 3​

No thanks, I don't see what he adds to the team that we don't already have for the next 5-10 in Walsh, Hollands, Cowan, etc. Doesn't have a point of difference ( we apparently already HAVE vanilla 😂 ). I think he'll be good, just not what we need.

Draper all the way.

No thanks, I don't see what he adds to the team that we don't already have for the next 5-10 in Walsh, Hollands, Cowan, etc. Doesn't have a point of difference ( we apparently already HAVE vanilla 😂 ).

Draper all the way.

Surely you jest. This kid is dynamic. Fleet footed. Penetrating kick, great overhead. Watch his round 1 highlights in the Coats league this year. That’s the real FOS. The rest of the year he was cruising. Wonder why…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly Kevin Sheehan says having 2 top 20 picks is better than 1 top 5 pick in this yrs draft
I wouldn't disagree with him, but if we're after a mid and a KPD 3+30ish is a much better combo for what we're after.

I'll cry watching Berry tear it up for another team while we watch Durdin and Motlop though 😭

Is Draper's disposal really that uninspiring?

Looks alright to me

He can be overly handball-happy, which does tell us that he doesn't always trust his kicking, but that just means he has good decision making ;)
Imo he's a very good kick inside 50 when given space. Can bomb it a bit under pressure but he loves a low dart to a KPF coming straight up the guts at him.

Id say FOS is probably the 'best' of the top 5 in terms of delivery inside 50 but as I've said before I'm not as inspired by the rest of his game.

Imo he's a very good kick inside 50 when given space. Can bomb it a bit under pressure but he loves a low dart to a KPF coming straight up the guts at him.

Id say FOS is probably the 'best' of the top 5 in terms of delivery inside 50 but as I've said before I'm not as inspired by the rest of his game.

When I watch the FOS highlights that Noober has posted, I don't see anything that screams "trade 12 & 14 for this kid". I agree with you on that front.

When I watch the FOS highlights that Noober has posted, I don't see anything that screams "trade 12 & 14 for this kid". I agree with you on that front.
Guess we'll see anyway. Moir was even less inspiring last year and came good at the end of this season after some serious work getting his body right.

Id be going Lalor over FOS but still hope Draper would be our first choice

Guess we'll see anyway. Moir was even less inspiring last year and came good at the end of this season after some serious work getting his body right.

Id be going Lalor over FOS but still hope Draper would be our first choice

Moir was pick 30, and everyone knew he was a boom or bust pick up with the odds leaning towards bust. I don't think FOS will 'bust' in the same way that Moir could have, but I think you'd want to be pretty sure you've got a good one if you're trading that much capital up for them.

Is Draper's disposal really that uninspiring?

Looks alright to me

He can be overly handball-happy, which does tell us that he doesn't always trust his kicking, but that just means he has good decision making ;)
Is it Serong level? For all the wraps on Serong I think his disposal is average and lets him down. I think it will be fine

The half forward that might be able to go through the midfield is the biggest draft risk you can take with a top 10 pick so if we get a top 10 pick go the pure mid with pace.

Lots of talk about Dow being a bust but my concern at the time was for all his good work he wasn’t a big accumulator and seemed to go missing for chunks of the game ( as opposed to LDU who could rack up 35 with ease). Dow never found the ability to get easy possessions even at the lower level Importamt for an early pick

Think BC is a steal. Dunkley dropped from top 10 where he should have gone to mid 20s because recruiters went for players like Cunners and Milera who had high ceilings. I think the Campos frames have massive upside. They move like young colts. Massive improvement with a professional training regime

Langford is an exquisite kick, strong overhead

Also reminds me a bit of Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back