• Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 21 7.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

My top 3 most desired at pick #3 for us, based on our needs are:
-LALOR: I think he is potentially the next Petracca, hits the scoreboard, has an excellent mark over head, burst type player, loves to tackle. Naturally attacking in nature in a Dusty, Petracca guise. Would love to know his 20m sprint time as he didnt enter the combine (thats my only question I would have is sprint speed accuracy). By eye he looks fast in break away speed at Coates level (similar to Petracca, has burst speed but does he have 100m speed?)
-FOS: Has the most upside and x factor. Doesn't need huge high possession games to impact and will learn how to accumulate solely by spending time on the ball with Walsh, Cripps etc. Has a Heeney type set of hands above head, ran a sub 3 sec 20m sprint (Elite Speed) and was top 5 agility. Needs to build some size to compete at AFL level but has all the toys in the bag.
-JAGGA: Daicos mk2, moves just like him. Has a natural ability to rack up possessions and finds the ball at will. Great vision and nous around packs. Has natural elite skills. Size doesn't seem to hinder his performance's.

They’ve already traded out F2, and only have 64 this year.
2xF3 isn’t going to get it done.

I guess F1 for F2…
So pick 2 + F2 (NM) for pick 4 + F1 (Ade).

Huge hit for Adelaide to take to get their guy, isn't it. Can't see it. They might offer us F3? If we're after Draper, we say no. If we're not, we pocket a free F3.

-LALOR: I think he is potentially the next Petracca, hits the scoreboard, has an excellent mark over head, burst type player, loves to tackle. Naturally attacking in nature in a Dusty, Petracca guise. Would love to know his 20m sprint time as he didnt enter the combine (thats my only question I would have is sprint speed accuracy). By eye he looks fast in break away speed at Coates level (similar to Petracca, has burst speed but does he have 100m speed?)
-FOS: Has the most upside and x factor. Doesn't need huge high possession games to impact and will learn how to accumulate solely by spending time on the ball with Walsh, Cripps etc. Has a Heeney type set of hands above head, ran a sub 3 sec 20m sprint (Elite Speed) and was top 5 agility. Needs to build some size to compete at AFL level but has all the toys in the bag.
-JAGGA: Daicos mk2, moves just like him. Has a natural ability to rack up possessions and finds the ball at will. Great vision and nous around packs. Has natural elite skills. Size doesn't seem to hinder his performance's.
Couldn’t agree more with everything you’ve said here!! Just with Jagga’s size, I’m not too worried about it now when you look at someone like Nick Watson. Different type of players but if you seen Watson live and up close I was amazed at how someone so small can have such a huge impact and I feel Jagga would be exactly the same

To me we don’t need a big bodied mid like Cripps or an accumulator like Walsh, we need a Jack Martin/Isaac Henney type, someone who can go forward and be dangerous in the air and on the ground but also creates opportunities for others.

Haven’t seen any of these players play but it sounds more like FOS then the others

If they dont need the additional picks in 2024 then they would definitely prefer futures I wouldve thought
Best case scenario a bid for Ashcroft comes at 5 and a bid for Marshall at say 25. They'll require 2100 points to match after discounts. Right now they have 2136 points so barely enough, plus we can't trade F2 or F3 anyway.

What we could do pretty easy is upgrade our 38 to their 34 by chucking in 1 or 2 of our later picks. Might not seem like much but worth it if it gets ahead of a bid. 27 will be tough. I think they'll cash that in for more than we can offer. Could see the Dogs (35,48), Saints (32,47) or Port (36,50) going for that.

Goldcoasts bid picks are later then our 38 so that's a no go. I think Essendon don't trade back and instead use their 20s picks to try get back in the 1st round along with F1 (once a bid for Kako comes). Or get them swallowed up so they can use their 30s picks.

So, pick 34 is probably the best target.

Best case scenario a bid for Ashcroft comes at 5 and a bid for Marshall at say 25. They'll require 2100 points to match after discounts. Right now they have 2136 points so barely enough, plus we can't trade F2 or F3 anyway.

What we could do pretty easy is upgrade our 38 to their 34 by chucking in 1 or 2 of our later picks. Might not seem like much but worth it if it gets ahead of a bid. 27 will be tough. I think they'll cash that in for more than we can offer. Could see the Dogs (35,48), Saints (32,47) or Port (36,50) going for that.
Getting ahead of PA would be good. Can't see them passing up the opportunity to bid on a SA boy.

Be astounded if Tiges did that. 6 and 18 or even 6 and 20 maybe. I'd even throw 6+10 for 2+F1 and see if they bite.
Not sure about that.....clubs tend to overpay to move up the list, particularly if they have their eyes set on somebody. Ol' mate Dodo gave up an early 2nd rounder last year just to move up one spot so they could select Caddy ahead of the Cats.

Tiggs may offer 6 and 11 rather than 6 and 10....but either way you'd imagine it could turn into a bidding war between the Aints, Tiggs and Dees, so it'll become a buyer's market. Norf just sit back and consider all the offers.

I'd also be surprised if those clubs don't approach us as well....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about that.....clubs tend to overpay to move up the list, particularly if they have their eyes set on somebody. Ol' mate Dodo gave up an early 2nd rounder last year just to move up one spot so they could select Caddy ahead of the Cats.

Tiggs may offer 6 and 11 rather than 6 and 10....but either way you'd imagine it could turn into a bidding war between the Aints, Tiggs and Dees, so it'll become a buyer's market. Norf just sit back and consider all the offers.

I'd also be surprised if those clubs don't approach us as well....
imo, those picks at 6, 10, 11 are gold. Would need a compelling deal to prise 2 of them away for a single pick. And that's recognising that those top-5 are a cut above the next group. Just feel it's a relatively small cut ;) At least compared to recent drafts.

Lucas top 10 in both vertical jump tests, huge weapon as a small defender

The boys have completely different physiques and attributes, can’t help but be bullish on Lucas as a bargain pickup

He looks so smooth and athletic

Ben also has a great leap. Did 96cm at the running jump test at SA testing in Feb. Would have won the combine.

Good he didn't test :tearsofjoy:

I would love to see some of their aerobic testing. They seem to be everywhere so must run ok but not in the top 10 at the combine 2km or yoyo test at SA testing.

Goldcoasts bid picks are later then our 38 so that's a no go. I think Essendon don't trade back and instead use their 20s picks to try get back in the 1st round along with F1 (once a bid for Kako comes). Or get them swallowed up so they can use their 30s picks.

So, pick 34 is probably the best target.

We can, we just need to gain approval. I can’t see our request being declined, especially because it would likely be helping us add an additional player this year (as opposed to a bid on Ben C taking the points).

It seems the obvious approach to me.

Last edited:
I think O'Sullivan has a standout quality, evasiveness, and a strong base of midfield attributes, fierce tackler, great vision, great read of play, tidy disposal.

He generates a lot of metres gained.

Early on I would expect him to have a few, "Welcome to the AFL" moments, where he gets caught trying to sidestep. As his core strength improves with AFL conditioning that should resolve

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben also has a great leap. Did 96cm at the running jump test at SA testing in Feb. Would have won the combine.

Good he didn't test :tearsofjoy:

I would love to see some of their aerobic testing. They seem to be everywhere so must run ok but not in the top 10 at the combine 2km or yoyo test at SA testing.
Wowww that’s incredible

I seriously feel the kids are underrated based on the footy I’ve watched

They aren’t top 10 picks but I reckon Ben’s ability puts him in the first round

Admittedly I don’t follow the draft closely most years but Ben has me scratching my head being rated so lowly

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back