Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 23 8.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fos, Smith and Lalor are my preferences in that order. Not counting fs and academy
Any of Fos Smith Lalor Langford and Draper and even Smillie could go 1 or 2 all will play afl next yr
So honestly we can't lose
My top 3 most desired at pick #3 for us, based on our needs are:
-LALOR: I think he is potentially the next Petracca, hits the scoreboard, has an excellent mark over head, burst type player, loves to tackle. Naturally attacking in nature in a Dusty, Petracca guise. Would love to know his 20m sprint time as he didnt enter the combine (thats my only question I would have is sprint speed accuracy). By eye he looks fast in break away speed at Coates level (similar to Petracca, has burst speed but does he have 100m speed?)
-FOS: Has the most upside and x factor. Doesn't need huge high possession games to impact and will learn how to accumulate solely by spending time on the ball with Walsh, Cripps etc. Has a Heeney type set of hands above head, ran a sub 3 sec 20m sprint (Elite Speed) and was top 5 agility. Needs to build some size to compete at AFL level but has all the toys in the bag.
-JAGGA: Daicos mk2, moves just like him. Has a natural ability to rack up possessions and finds the ball at will. Great vision and nous around packs. Has natural elite skills. Size doesn't seem to hinder his performance's.
Same 👊

Last edited:
Also, sounds like a distinct possibility that Tiges offer 6+10 for 2.
Much better deal for North
North should even if it’s for 10 and 11 imo. Get two of Berry, Tauru, Armstrong, Shanahan, Trainor or Travaglia. They’ll have another high pick next year if they still think their midfield isn’t good enough.

Which o' these varmints gonna rustle our bull?

Current PickLikely PickClubNote
2932Port AdelaideFirst big chance
3033FremantleHope there's a good WA prospect here
31--(Essendon)May get traded back, hope not
3234St KildaSweetheart deal?
3335HawthornMaybe not a good fit for Hawks
34--(Brisbane)May get traded back, hope not
3536Western BulldogsNot a good fit/Sweetheart deal
3637Port AdelaideReally big chance
3738GWSMaybe
3839CarltonPhew!

Think Port Adelaide, with two picks in range, are the varmint most likely. Hopefully we can trade 38 ahead of their 36, but I think there's still a possibility they throw in a bid with their earlier pick. They might see Ben as a replacement for Boak/Wines, and as a SA boy, not as worried about the flight risk as other clubs might be.

I'm also hoping as part of the Kennedy deal that there's been a handshake agreement with StK & WB not to put in a bid on Ben.

GWS the second most likely varmint, but if we can get ahead of PA, we get ahead of them too.

Grabbing Brisbane's 34, or possibly Essington's 31 would help, but sadly, I think Brisbane's 27 is a bridge too far. If we can get 34, I'll be happy-ish, and cross fingers and toes when it comes to Port's 29 (~32).

Be astounded if Tiges did that. 6 and 18 or even 6 and 20 maybe. I'd even throw 6+10 for 2+F1 and see if they bite.
The cost to move up at the top end of the draft is huge. The most recent example is Giants trading up from 3 to guarantee Cadman. Cost them 12 + F2, got 53+57 back.

Sure 2 isn’t 1, but they’d be trading up 4 spots instead of 2. And they’re flush with picks. If they want 2 it’ll cost them 10 (or 11 at best).

My top 3 most desired at pick #3 for us, based on our needs are:
-LALOR: I think he is potentially the next Petracca, hits the scoreboard, has an excellent mark over head, burst type player, loves to tackle. Naturally attacking in nature in a Dusty, Petracca guise. Would love to know his 20m sprint time as he didnt enter the combine (thats my only question I would have is sprint speed accuracy). By eye he looks fast in break away speed at Coates level (similar to Petracca, has burst speed but does he have 100m speed?)
-FOS: Has the most upside and x factor. Doesn't need huge high possession games to impact and will learn how to accumulate solely by spending time on the ball with Walsh, Cripps etc. Has a Heeney type set of hands above head, ran a sub 3 sec 20m sprint (Elite Speed) and was top 5 agility. Needs to build some size to compete at AFL level but has all the toys in the bag.
-JAGGA: Daicos mk2, moves just like him. Has a natural ability to rack up possessions and finds the ball at will. Great vision and nous around packs. Has natural elite skills. Size doesn't seem to hinder his performance's.

Spot on mate. The Draper hype on here is crazy. These are your best three.

The cost to move up at the top end of the draft is huge. The most recent example is Giants trading up from 3 to guarantee Cadman. Cost them 12 + F2, got 53+57 back.

Sure 2 isn’t 1, but they’d be trading up 4 spots instead of 2. And they’re flush with picks. If they want 2 it’ll cost them 10 (or 11 at best).
Cost us 12 & 14 to get 3. Can't see Tigs wanting to pay more than that. And I see Norf's need greater than Tigs.

If I was Richmond's list mgr, I'd be very happy with what I've got, and would only look at moving up if it's a deal in my favour.

Cost us 12 & 14 to get 3. Can't see Tigs wanting to pay more than that. And I see Norf's need greater than Tigs.

If I was Richmond's list mgr, I'd be very happy with what I've got, and would only look at moving up if it's a deal in my favour.

I don't think you can look at our trade as reflective of what it takes to move up the draft. It was unique due to the baker situation. Doubt you see a top 3 pick go that cheaply again anytime soon.

Interesting on Gettable that Cal Twomey suggested that Richmond were most likely keen on Lalor, O’Sullivan then Langford, with Smith only a maybe at pick 1.

I’d be quite happy for Smith to make it to pick 3. I think he could help transform our transition footy game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think you can look at our trade as reflective of what it takes to move up the draft. It was unique due to the baker situation. Doubt you see a top 3 pick go that cheaply again anytime soon.
It also reflects that this is seen as a deep draft with great players available in the teens and first early rounders that I am not sure are particularly special. While it is a fairly uneducated opinion, I would prefer McKercher/Reid than the players on offer in this years draft. So is the top end really all that special? Torn on whether we should have traded up this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the talk that Richmond want to trade with North to get pick 2 and listening to Cal Twomey just now on gettable speaking about the no.1 pick, I’m starting feel and believe that Jagga will be our selection with pick 3 and the Tigers taking Lalor and Finn pick 1 and 2 (if they get pick 2)

Agreed. That was my take too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The evasion at :37 to :42 in this video is a top trait. Quick thinker FOS, think he's being under valued by some. His short kicking seems a tier above Lalor/Smith/Draper

After just watching those highlights I don't think he'll get to our pick. I think he goes 1 or 2. Guts, dare & class from what I just saw.

I think O'Sullivan has a standout quality, evasiveness, and a strong base of midfield attributes, fierce tackler, great vision, great read of play, tidy disposal.

He generates a lot of metres gained.

Early on I would expect him to have a few, "Welcome to the AFL" moments, where he gets caught trying to sidestep. As his core strength improves with AFL conditioning that should resolve

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with you, one would be very happy with any one of O'Sullivan, Smith , Lalor or Draper.

The evasion at :37 to :42 in this video is a top trait. Quick thinker FOS, think he's being under valued by some. His short kicking seems a tier above Lalor/Smith/Draper

That's the best vision I've seen of FOS. Impressive. I don't think we'll be disappointed in getting any of the touted top 4 somehow.

Sure, but
1. #2 is worth more than #3
2. We offered the same deal to North and were rejected
3. We got a special deal with West Coast because they snookered themselves (or we snookered them with our brilliant Hawks trade)
4. The picks have washed out now, clubs know what they’ve got, and
5. 3 clubs chasing #2, there’s a market now.

I agree, I’m probably not doing the deal if I’m Richmond, but maybe they really, really want their top 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back