Votes: 20 6.4%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 39 12.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing some comparing Lalor to mid/forward premiums like Trac and Martin but I just don't see it. If you watch their highlights from their draft year, the latter two, particularly Trac, already had way more agility and midfield nous than Lalor. If anything Lalor projects as a kind of general forward version of Tom Papley.

I think I’m sold on Jagga.

This kid has got some moves.

IMG_4362.gif

Failing that, Draper, FOS, or Lalor all looking like they have ‘it’.

But, yeah, Jagga if he’s there at 3.

Sorry, thought I was clear but evidently a bit vague. I don't think they're similar players as such, but in the same way McGrath was highly rated but has peaked as nothing more than a consistently OK player, I think Reid will be similar. For a pick right at the top of the draft, I think you want a midfielder who has the ability to dominate games, and I don't see that with Reid.

Like McGrath, I could see him ending up as an alright half back flanker.
From limited viewing, Reid looks a bit Parish-y to me. I'm sure he'll be a good footballer but doesn't look overly damaging.

Ashcroft and O’Sullivan are the 2 stand outs , reckon the top of the
of remains 8 or so midfielders is Langford , most well rounded , tall 190cm + good vision, leg and mark and forward craft pretty good too.
I think Smith is the stand out. High ceiling, high floor, great attributes, well rounded, and has already proven he’s above the level in the VFL

I think I’m sold on Jagga.

This kid has got some moves.

View attachment 2146457

Failing that, Draper, FOS, or Lalor all looking like they have ‘it’.

But, yeah, Jagga if he’s there at 3.
Nailed on DerWayne will say "he's got the moves like Jagger" in his first game commentating.

Chances are any commentator will do it early in fairness, but he especially is $1.01.

Anyone saying Jagga should not be prioritised based on his light build...

My god this may sound rude but weight rooms do exist for this very reason if you weren't aware.

AFL players can put on 5-6kg of muscle across 12-18 months easily with a professional diet and weight routine.

It should be the least of our worries.

He's the number 1 player in the draft by a mile.

Anyone saying Jagga should not be prioritised based on his light build...

My god this may sound rude but weight rooms do exist for this very reason if you weren't aware.

AFL players can put on 5-6kg of muscle across 12-18 months easily with a professional diet and weight routine.

It should be the least of our worries.

He's the number 1 player in the draft by a mile.
More. Proper environment diet and sport as their job. Plus being young
They could do 10+ kg a year easy (as a uni student I did 20kg (12+8) in 24mnths. Very low base tho 😂)

Thing is, reckon jagga goes before our pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing some comparing Lalor to mid/forward premiums like Trac and Martin but I just don't see it. If you watch their highlights from their draft year, the latter two, particularly Trac, already had way more agility and midfield nous than Lalor. If anything Lalor projects as a kind of general forward version of Tom Papley.
Papley? Id say Lalor is a less explosive version of Raynor

Last edited:
Which one of the mids is most Sam Mitchell. Don't care about pace I want a fast of mind and amazing kick with bony ass elbows and hard to tackle. Give me that midfield visionary so Cripps can bull Walsh can receive and run and Cerra can sweep
In terms of the side step id say O Sullivan but no one’s really like him. Maybe Murphy Reid

To change tact... Who are we wanting at our 2nd pick if we can avoid a Ben bid rendering it useless? I imagine we'll look to boost that up to a pick around 30 rather than 38.

Some quality KPD options and flankers in that range.

It won’t be rendered useless, we’ll future trade it when/if a bid comes in before it and quite likely then trade back in once we’ve got Ben

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They could do 10+ kg a year easy (as a uni student I did 20kg (12+8) in 24mnths. Very low base tho 😂)

I think he's there for us. Unless Richmond are playing some crafty games, all the talk is that they like O'Sullivan and Lalor should they end up with the first two picks in the draft.

Think it's unlikely North keep two given the last thing they need is more mids. If they do, I'd say Langford might be their play considering he's more forward/mid hybrid.

Melbourne and St Kilda the other candidates to trade up - think Melbourne probably start future-proofing against another possible Oliver and Petracca meltdown next year, so Lalor or Langford as big bodies would be good options. St Kilda I'd say are the danger, they're the most likely to just go "best available" without any regard for type, given their list is reasonably balanced but full of ordinary players.

Richmond clearly best placed to get the pick given the volume and spread of picks they have this year.
Melbourne might find it hard given they only have 5 and 9...they'd have to really desperately want someone to trade those two picks for Pick 2, and seeing as they could get a Langford type at 5 anyway I doubt they bother.
St Kilda are awkwardly placed, 7 and 8 is over for 2, their next pick is 32 and probably doesn't interest NM much, and North go from 2 to 62 so don't have much this year to balance a trade.

Melbourne and St Kilda would, I think, have to use future picks in some way, and given the unrest at Melbourne (and their lack of a future first rounder) and the perpetual shitness at St Kilda, they might be averse to trading away good picks from next year's draft.

Parley? Id say Lalor is a less explosive version of Raynor

I see a bit of Davies-Uniacke I reckon. Maybe Elliot Yeo? Fine player, but he's definitely a step down from the Martins and Petraccas of the comp in terms of "explosiveness". Lalor's field kicking is also well short of Martin and Petracca, both of whom are genuinely excellent by foot.

Yeh I think he'll be gone by 3 also.

20kg in a year is wild. How many calories were you eating a day?

Yeh I think he'll be gone by 3 also.

20kg in a year is wild. How many calories were you eating a day?
Food Eating GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I'm happy letting everyone know that we wont match it...

As long as we actually would match it. No one can tell me that there are 38 kids in the draft better than Ben. If he wasn't a F/S (and thus other clubs put minimum time into him), and he didn't get iced at the end of the year he would go around pick 20 IMO.
How BC has dropped in the phantoms is insane. U18 AA, best player in the U17 game last year. Everyone is looking for the next DeGoey or Tracc. Carlton pick Cunners over Dunkley for this reason looking for X factor over the guaranteed best 22.

Mick Ablett on SEN reckons we should go for Langford?

Says Smith is like Butters. FOS .."is your forward of centre guy"??

Says North should go for Smillie? what?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back