Votes: 22 6.8%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 41 12.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

TDK is class but still has some way to go to catch up to English. Besides, they could've played in the same team very well.

Won’t find much support for English on the Dogs’ board. Very gentle player. Think most would take TDK over English even if looking for next year’s impact.

The whole EF was just a cluster f but geez, the immediate change when TDK came on.

If that's the case Richmond will grab him.

Yeah i think Richmond play it safe with pick 1 which will allow them to be a little adventurous with their later first round picks.

The 'safest' pick in the whole pool is Jagga Smith.

That said, I expect North will trade out pick 2 to Richmond in an exchange for 6 & 10 or something like that.

If that eventuates, I see the Tiges taking Jagga at #1 and either Lalor or Langford at #2.

The last thing I would call myself is a draft expert. And I know draft rankings are different to phantom drafts. But O’Farrell doesn’t appear in the top 30 of either the most recent Twomey or ESPN drafts. Of course, he may come in based on various club needs. But he’s also had injury, which makes him a risk at higher up picks.

If various posters are right that 38 effectively becomes 34 due to NGA, father-son, etc., then I think O’Farrell sounds a reasonable chance to be there around our pick. And Austin has been clear on a KPD.

Various posters are incorrect. 38 will not drop lower. Will fall in the range 38-40. I'm hoping we find a way to trade it up to ~30, but that's probably a bit optimistic. Agree on O'Farrell, he'd suit us.

Where is the FOS isn't quick thing coming from?

View attachment 2146529
Probably because 50% of his possession in all his highlights he is being tackled as he kicks. Maybe he has the speed on paper but maybe doesn't have the actual break away speed or decision making in stoppage to use it?

Just having a look at a bit of footage.

Lalor looks like a player teams would want to build a midfield around, big bodied mid. I always wonder about bigger more mature kids, are they dominating because they are bigger? Sometimes. I like his burst speed for his size and he seems to have a bit of attitude. Looks to have a solid overhead game as well. Clubs will be hoping he is another Harley Reid. I don't think he is a fit for us though.

Smith looks all class. Small and immature body but goes hard and has great speed. A lot to like. I bet some AFL recruiters will wonder about his size. I'm not fussed, think he will mature. Looks to have a fair bit of attitude. Daicos comparisons I have heard are on point. Just looks a little extra quick and extra classy. I think if he can nail an outside role he will play early.

O'Sullivan to me he doesn't look as powerful and quick as Smith but looks like a natural footballer. Good runner, evasive. He will be a neat and tidy player. Looks a good player to me. Looks similar to Walsh his cousin. I don't think he is the one for us. Looks a good player and would be good for us but there are others who are a bit quicker, a bit more evasive and will probably hurt a bit more. Someone is getting a good player in him though.

Draper looks a strong body who handballs a lot so he is going to generate some run which would be good for us. Love his run and carry. Clubs like those strong bodies who are powerful, they will be thinking Dangerfield. There is a fair bit of Judd about him as well. He's certainly a player I would like to have on our list and would likely be a round 1 starter. He's strong over the footy, hard to knock off balance and clean with a load of power, agility and run and carry ability, hence why I see Judd in him.

I just have a feeling that we might be interested in Smith with the hope he can play forward as well and impact there as he develops into playing more and more in the middle. That or he plays half back and pushes up around the ball the same way Daicos has been. He just looks a little bit extra quick and extra classy to me. What may put us off is that he may not be physically ready round 1.

Draper is probably on par. I think he would interest us a lot due to his power and his pace and because he will be ready to go and impact round 1. IMO could easily be best player in the draft. Do we like how he and Camporeale combine? Draper would be an immediate upgrade on Cerra IMO. He would feed off our bigger mids really well and give us run and carry out of the stoppages.

Honestly I can't say which player I want more. It's hard, for me it's Draper or Smith. Both players look really good fits for us. Draper for pure quality. Smith for the role he may play. It's tough but I think they may be a clear 2.

Smith may fill a forward/mid spot which is a desperate need. Draper looks the safer choice as he is physically ideal for AFL football.

Last edited:
Just having a look at a bit of footage.

Lalor looks like a player teams would want to build a midfield around, big bodied mid. I always wonder about bigger more mature kids, are they dominating because they are bigger? Sometimes. I like his burst speed for his size and he seems to have a bit of attitude. Looks to have a solid overhead game as well. Clubs will be hoping he is another Harley Reid. I don't think he is a fit for us though.

Smith looks all class. Small and immature body but goes hard and has great speed. A lot to like. I bet some AFL recruiters will wonder about his size. I'm not fussed, think he will mature. Looks to have a fair bit of attitude. Daicos comparisons I have heard are on point. Just looks a little extra quick and extra classy. I think if he can nail an outside role he will play early.

O'Sullivan to me he doesn't look as powerful and quick as Smith but looks like a natural footballer. Good runner, evasive. He will be a neat and tidy player. Looks a good player to me. Looks similar to Walsh his cousin. I don't think he is the one for us. Looks a good player and would be good for us but there are others who are a bit quicker, a bit more evasive and will probably hurt a bit more. Someone is getting a good player in him though.

Draper looks a strong body who handballs a lot so he is going to generate some run which would be good for us. Love his run and carry. Clubs like those strong bodies who are powerful, they will be thinking Dangerfield. There is a fair bit of Judd about him as well. He's certainly a player I would like to have on our list and would likely be a round 1 starter. He's strong over the footy, hard to knock off balance and clean with a load of power, agility and run and carry ability, hence why I see Judd in him.

I just have a feeling that we might be interested in Smith with the hope he can play forward as well and impact there as he develops into playing more and more in the middle. That or he plays half back and pushed up around the ball the same way Daicos has been. He just looks a little bit extra quick and extra classy to me. What may put us off is that he may not be physically ready round 1.

Draper is probably on par. I think he would interest us a lot due to his power and his pace and because he will be ready to go and impact round 1. IMO could easily be best player in the draft. Do we like how he and Camporeale combine?

Honestly I can't say which player I want more. It's hard, for me it's Draper or Smith. Both players look really good fits for us. Draper for pure quality. Smith for the role he may play. It's tough but I think they may be a clear 2.
My feeling was it's FOS the COW (TM ferris) we want?

My feeling was it's FOS the COW (TM ferris) we want?
To me FOS looks like a high level meat and potatoes type. Nothing wrong with that, it's just that Draper looks like something special and Smith fits us like a glove.

I think FOS will be a similar player, something in-between Cerra and Walsh which we already have.

I can see Draper winning brownlows.

FOS ran a 2.9sec 20m sprint at the combine. Elite pace

Well, in games where it matters he appears not to use it…Smith/Draper clearly use their pace over and over again, it’s inbuilt into the way each decide to play the game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me FOS looks like a high level meat and potatoes type. Nothing wrong with that, it's just that Draper looks like something special and Smith fits us like a glove.

I think FOS will be a similar player, something in-between Cerra and Walsh which we already have.

I can see Draper winning brownlows.
Oh, he's not my gut pick Batman. I thought I read on here a few times that FOS is who we are after.
AFter watching 5 mins of footage on all the top pix😛...
I like Lalor ( injury prone??) and Draper but hear good things re FOS too.
I only saw Smith playing against barely any opposition so how do you tell if he's up for AFL level?
After we gave up a lot, you'd hope we are going for a ready to play draft pick. But hey, whoever we pick I'm sure a ton of research has gone into it.

Matty 411 said "I'm all in on Jagga and Draper. Best fit for our midfield, both low floor and high ceiling us massive runs on the board in their own way this year.

Watch out for Crows to move up for North's pick with 6/11 though to get the local boy.

I can see us asking to move Brissy F2 on with 38 for an early 20s pick in coming weeks."

I take it you mean "high floor high ceiling"? As for Adelaide moving on Norths pick 2 we would sell pick 3 for far less, so it comes down to whether Adelaide were concerned North (or whoever might acquire pick 2) would grab Draper, otherwise they would do a far better deal with us. I presume you're thinking Adelaide acquire 6 & 11 from Richmond for pick 4 to swap with North?

That's the best vision I've seen of FOS. Impressive. I don't think we'll be disappointed in getting any of the touted top 4 somehow.
This is exactly how I feel. I think we’ll be getting a gun regardless of name. I’m biased towards Draper but would have no objection to FOS or preferably Smith. Im less inclined towards others but not against them either. I think we’re in a win win position.
Opinion only … I wonder if we have targeted FOS or there’s more to play out like a deal with Richmond or someone to end up with two top 10 picks. … could net Berry with whoever comes out at 6 to make some (WGOAT) happy

Yazz went early in the rumour file about our move to pick 3, and pretty much nailed every detail.

In the same post, it was said we will go for either Lalor or O’Sullivan. Given the rest of Yazz’s post was spot on, I’m going to take that view as gospel.

But I’m stuffed if I know what we do if they’re both off the board by our pick.

If Finn makes it to us, it’s obvious his nickname will simply be ‘Cuz’.
Or perhaps ‘Cousin’, for those familiar with The Bear.
Word Chef.
Heard.

Be interesting to see what sort of deals get offered to us for #3, hopefully some itks get some crumbs
Why would we take any deals for 3?

We spent a lot of capital to move up to it. We're not getting more back to move down.

Any offers in the top 4 will be going to North, who have pick #2 but want x-factor players and key position. They may take Lalor if Richmond don't but I doubt they take any of Smith, Draper, Langford, O'Sullivan, Smilie etc with McKercher, Sheezel, LDU, Powell already on their list, particularly with Caleb Daniel being brought across giving more midfield opportunity for McKercher. North are the one that may trade back down to #6 or #10 and #11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back