• Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 56 16.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey Langford might be the one elite ball user
Let`s face it none of the kids in any draft are perfect as they all have their limitations, and the knock on Langford is his lack of pace, whereas Lalor, Smith and FO`S have plenty of pace and it`s needed in our midfield.

My current predicted top 15 (not including academy)

1. Sam Lalor (Tigers)
2. Finn O’Sullivan (Tigers traded from North)
3. Jagga Smith (Blues)
4. Sid Draper (Crows)
5. Harvey Langford (Dees)
6. Alix Tauru (North traded from Tigers)
7. Josh Smillie (Saints)
8. Murphy Reid (Saints)
9. Harry Armstrong (Dees)
10. Tobie Travaglia (Tigers)
11. Luke Trainor (North traded from Tigers)
12. Bo Allen (Eagles)
13. Jack Whitlock (Power)
14. Taj Hotton (Freo)
15. Xavier Lindsay (Giants)

Close but thinks saints will add speed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AFL National Draft Combine - Top 10 Results​

2km time trial
NameStateState League ClubCommunity ClubTime (min:sec)
Joel CochranNSWSydney Swans AcademyUNSW Bulldogs6:05
Tobie TravagliaVIC CBendigo PioneersSandhurst6:13
Angus ClarkeSAGlenelgEast Gambier6:16
Will HayesWAClaremontSubiaco6:16
Hamish DavisWAClaremontSubiaco6:18
Harry CharlesonVIC CGWV RebelsEast Point6:21
Adrian ColeVIC CSandringham DragonsSt Bedes/Mentone6:24
Harvey LangfordVIC CDandenong StingraysMount Martha6:24
Christian MoraesVIC MEastern RangesKnox6:25
Luke UrquhartWAEast FremantleMelville6:25
20m sprint
NameStateState League ClubCommunity ClubTime (sec)
Gabriel StumpfVIC MNorthern KnightsWarrandyte2.815
Leo LombardQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach2.851
Rhys UnwinVIC CGWV RebelsCobden2.914
Jasper AlgerVIC COakleigh ChargersWarragul2.931
Malakai ChampionWASubiacoMines Rovers2.938
Charlie WestSAWoodville-West TorrensHenley2.957
Jaxon ArtemisWASouth FremantleJandakot Jets2.959
Charlie NichollsSACentral DistrictMintaro Manoora2.962
David ColbertIRECounty DublinKilmacud Crokes2.965
Luke UrquhartWAEast FremantleMelville2.975
Agility
NameStateState League ClubCommunity ClubTime (sec)
Leo LombardQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach7.812
Malakai ChampionWASubiacoMines Rovers7.836
Will HayesWAClaremontSubiaco7.850
Bo AllanWAPeel ThunderHalls Head7.940
Rhys UnwinVIC CGWV RebelsCobden8.012
Kayle GerreynWAWest PerthJoondalup Kinross8.082
Harry ArmstrongVIC MSandringham DragonsOrmond8.132
Finn O’SullivanVIC COakleigh ChargersKoroit8.136
Thomas SimsVIC MNorthern KnightsMontmorency8.136
Jasper AlgerVIC COakleigh ChargersWarragul8.141
Standing vertical jump
NameStateState League ClubCommunity ClubHeight (cm)
Gabriel StumpfVIC MNorthern KnightsWarrandyte76
Jack WhitlockVIC CMurray BushrangersShepparton Bears75
Floyd BurmeisterVIC CGWV RebelsRedan74
Bo AllanWAPeel ThunderHalls Head72
David ColbertIRECounty DublinKilmacud Crokes71
Jonty FaullVIC CGWV RebelsRedan71
Josh SmillieVIC MEastern RangesPark Orchards71
Matt WhitlockVIC CMurray BushrangersShepparton Bears71
Charlie WestSAWoodville-West TorrensHenley70
Lucas CamporealeSAGlenelgBrighton69
Running vertical jump
NameStateState League ClubCommunity ClubHeight (cm)
Alix TauruVIC CGippsland PowerWarragul Industrials94
Finn O’SullivanVIC COakleigh ChargersKoroit93
Bo AllanWAPeel ThunderHalls Head92
Lucas CamporealeSAGlenelgBrighton91
Jack WhitlockVIC CMurray BushrangersShepparton Bears91
Floyd BurmeisterVIC CGWV RebelsRedan90
Thomas SimsVIC MNorthern KnightsMontmorency90
Matt WhitlockVIC CMurray BushrangersShepparton Bears90
Noah MrazVIC CDandenong StingraysNarre North Foxes88
Joel CochranNSWSydney Swans AcademyUNSW Bulldogs87

Can I reply to this ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oscar likes cricket and is not a gun footballer unfortunately.
Well by all reports I got he was a natural at under 9 which as we know doesn’t mean a lot.
But as of two months ago Juddy is still coaching like I said I didn’t a report on Oskar but cricket is a summer sport footy winter as far as I know he is still playing.
Lalor could have chosen either but chose footy.
I haven’t looked too deep what reports have you that he isn’t a gun.
Maybe he’s just average but in div 1 one that still leaves scope to develop

Oscar likes cricket and is not a gun footballer unfortunately.
Well by all reports I got he was a natural at under 9 which as we know doesn’t mean a lot.
But as of two months ago Juddy is still coaching like I said I didn’t a report on Oskar but cricket is a summer sport footy winter as far as I know he is still playing.

Must be said I’m warming to Draper

Feel like if he can somewhat fix his kicking he’s a chad Warner type

Chad Warner had a kicking efficiency of 58.4% last season. Nick Daicos who is considered an elite kick of the footy 58.3%.

You don't need to be an elite kick to be an elite player.

I'd be going for a couple of tall utilities with our next few spots. It might make the possibility of trading or losing one of our tall 'guns' a more attractive and profitable option. List management is going to get tough and competitive in the next few years. It'll be no place for squibs.

I teach Ned Boltons babysitter who's best mates with Oscar and have been assured both are complete cricket nuffies

But give them time, cricket is a far far far harder sport to make a good living from and with his bloodlines he'll no doubt be pushed towards footy more and more as he matures.

Should remember at the same age Juddy wanted to be a pro skateboarder

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I teach Ned Boltons babysitter who's best mates with Oscar and have been assured both are complete cricket nuffies

But give them time, cricket is a far far far harder sport to make a good living from and with his bloodlines he'll no doubt be pushed towards footy more and more as he matures.

Should remember at the same age Juddy wanted to be a pro skateboarder
He’d still have shoulders if he pursued skateboarding

Wonder if he regrets following a football career instead

After watching many many videos I've switched to Jagga narrowly ahead of Draper. Would be happy with either though.

Draper is quicker but Jagga's decision making is unreal. Has a bit of that Pendles factor where traffic freezes around him. His disposal is underated too. Not a long kick but neat and technically really solid. He could kick a goal a game as a forward early days.

Got no issues with Draper's disposal. It'll be good enough for the role he plays. More pentration then Jagga but Jagga makes better decisions. Reckon Draper is even cleaner off the deck then Smith (they're both great) and better at breaking tackles to get outside. Can only see him as a mid though while Smith could play HBF or HFF.

FOS my 3rd favourite. Trying to see it with him. His best work is more wow then either of the two above but he does alot of very average things too and so many low production games. I feel I can trust Draper and Smith more.

I don’t think we’ll have access to Lalor or Smith, so we need to pick from the rest.

I know many are dismissing Smillie bc too similar to Cripps (like we wouldn’t take a second Cripps if on offer)/ not what we need… But this kid is something else … looks laughably huge compared to the others and I know that some will use that against him, but I’m of the belief that they’re all in the same environment and will all get stronger again in the AFL.

He already looks at least as big as the great man, but moves so smoothly, dual-sided, agile …. Tossed Footscray (read VFL) players like they’re 5 year olds. Imagine Cripps but smooth movement, agility more like a small and dual-sided. Beautiful kicking action for such a big unit.

We must be considering him.

(I still fully expect us to go FOS or Draper, but Smillie is worth a watch!)

Last edited:
A few in here thinking Smith goes top 2, but reading Richmond and North's draft threads the consensus seems to be that Lalor and FOS go 1 and 2. Some suggesting otherwise, but for the most part.

Gut feel is we're gonna have the choice between Jagga and Draper, and that's just a great place to be.

Yeh I think he'll be gone by 3 also.

20kg in a year is wild. How many calories were you eating a day?

Nah mate 20 in 24mnths. I was eating heaps. Didn’t track, given how skinny I was I was just eating anything and taking protein shakes non stop.
Played 1-2 games of soccer a week, 2 half days of uni and gym 6 days a week. It was the life 😂

Nah mate 20 in 24mnths. I was eating heaps. Didn’t track, given how skinny I was I was just eating anything and taking protein shakes non stop.
Played 1-2 games of soccer a week, 2 half days of uni and gym 6 days a week. It was the life 😂
The issue with this is AFL players running loads greatly limit how much weight they can gain rapidly due to the huge amounts of cardio they do.

But his priority would likely be stacking on weight from the moment he enters the AFL system

Sat and watched some full games to put the highlights in perspective and came away with a wildly different set of rankings.

Honestly, don't think anyone in this draft comes near Harley Reid, McKercher, Sheezel etc. Some big ball winners like Jagga but I don't see any amazing kicks or damaging players at the top end except Murphy Reid.

Jagga Smith and Murphy Reid are my faves for this draft, though I'd happy with Langford, Lalor and Draper too. O'Sullivan for me just hasn't produced enough this year and reminds me of the talk around SPS in his u18 year after an amazing u17 year.

Will be shocked if someone bids on Ben Campo before 40 and I don't think we'd select either of the twins if they had a different surname. Ben is a good talent though, good build and applies himself well and gets where the ball is. Not damaging at all though. Lucas I'll withhold comment on.

Armstrong and Kako are guns, Essendon will be spewing they aren't in a position to land both. Kako is extremely clean and has great skills and marks well for his height.

I simply didn't see Lalor get it enough or hit enough good kicks to be in the discussion with Dusty or De Goey. Draper has good traits but didn't watch him take a game by the scruff of the neck like Murphy Reid did. Reid obviously looks to have modelled his game on Daicos. Like a poor man's version of Nick, which is still worthy of a pick 3

Sat and watched some full games to put the highlights in perspective and came away with a wildly different set of rankings.

Honestly, don't think anyone in this draft comes near Harley Reid, McKercher, Sheezel etc. Some big ball winners like Jagga but I don't see any amazing kicks or damaging players at the top end except Murphy Reid.

Jagga Smith and Murphy Reid are my faves for this draft, though I'd happy with Langford, Lalor and Draper too. O'Sullivan for me just hasn't produced enough this year and reminds me of the talk around SPS in his u18 year after an amazing u17 year.

Will be shocked if someone bids on Ben Campo before 40 and I don't think we'd select either of the twins if they had a different surname. Ben is a good talent though, good build and applies himself well and gets where the ball is. Not damaging at all though. Lucas I'll withhold comment on.

Armstrong and Kako are guns, Essendon will be spewing they aren't in a position to land both. Kako is extremely clean and has great skills and marks well for his height.

I simply didn't see Lalor get it enough or hit enough good kicks to be in the discussion with Dusty or De Goey. Draper has good traits but didn't watch him take a game by the scruff of the neck like Murphy Reid did. Reid obviously looks to have modelled his game on Daicos. Like a poor man's version of Nick, which is still worthy of a pick 3
Love Reid. He just seems to have plenty of time and is a great kick.

I’m gunning for Jagga at pick 3 and am actually hoping Reid gets selected by a non vic team and we nab him after 3 years.

I'm plumping for Draper or Lalor for our Pick 3 if we had the choice. I have them clear of FOS in third, with no others in contention imo.

Draper is an established Top 3 worthy jet and he would just fit Carlton like a glove. He would be perfect for our team. And SA boys have a great history at our club and being comfortable here. Not worried about go home. We've never had those issues.

Lalor has the highest ceiling. He is the prototype A grade game changer. Only issue is he hasn't got quite the runs on the bored as a junior as a Petracca, Heeney, Horne or even Dusty or Rayner. Probably similar to DeGoey though. Thats his ceiling though. Elite. I'm not overly concerned with his hamstring injury as from the outside he wasn't in peak nick and was probably pushing himself toward the end of the year with a not yet ready fitness base. When he is AFL fit, he could very well be the above kinda player, and they are very rare. He's mainly enjoyed cricket so far and hasn't yet even focused fully on footy.

FOS was elite the 2 years before this, but this year it just hasn't gone his way on a lot of minor things that add up to major drawbacks. Complete player, with 2 years of standout performance, if you can ignore this year.

My overall order would be:

1. Lalor
2. Draper
3. FOS

My order for US if i was in Austins chair on Nov 20 and taking everything into contention would be:

1. Draper
2. Lalor
3. FOS

*of course, they have much more knowledge of every facet than us, but hey....

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back