Votes: 22 6.1%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 70 19.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we actually need a mid that gets a lot of it or a mid that’s a point of difference and that’s damaging??
This is my summation in a nutshell. Perfect scenario for mine (yes again Sheepy) - trade with RICH for then 7/13 and take Smillie then Trainor. Two needs, two point of difference, two exceptional talents. Trade 38 up with F2 or F3 (AFL permission) and take M. Whitlock or O’Farrell - two KPD/KPF/Ruck options and a point pick. Get Campo 1 (bid around 35-40) then Campo 2 late. That is a draft for the ages.

NB: We need to respect and select our F/S options if we want to keep faith with future F/S options.

Also, Charlie Clark got delisted. Liked him in his draft year. Small forward.

Last edited:

In watching Jagga highlights (yeah I know) but he reminds me of Pendles and i believe that is the size he will grow out to. Get him to concentrate on core strength. He is clean with hand and quick to dispose to advantage. Smart player.

This is my summation in a nutshell. Perfect scenario for mine (yes again Sheepy) - trade with RICH for then 7/13 and take Smillie then Trainor. Two needs, two point of difference, two exceptional talents. Trade 38 up with F2 or F3 (AFL permission) and take M. Whitlock or O’Farrell - two KPD/KPF/Ruck options and a point pick. Get Campo 1 (bid around 35-40) then Campo 2 late. That is a draft for the ages.

NB: We need to respect and select our F/S options if we want to keep faith with future F/S options.

Also, Charlie Clark got delisted. Liked him in his draft year. Small forward.

I think we should trade Pick 3 to WCE for 12 + Hawthorn F1.

Then trade Hawthorn F1 + 38 to Richmond for 14.

Then go to the draft with 12 and 14 again 😂

In watching Jagga highlights (yeah I know) but he reminds me of Pendles and i believe that is the size he will grow out to. Get him to concentrate on core strength. He is clean with hand and quick to dispose to advantage. Smart player.

I like him but with all due respect he’s not going to grow 6 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe some of it is positioning as offensive. Jagga finds footy everywhere but way more than FOS out the back of contests and is willing to move laterally or backward. FOS is way more offensive and looks to find space in dangerous positions. It’s just a gamble whether he is truly damaging enough or not. I don’t see him kicking bags like a Dangerfield or Martin. Do you?

I'm not sure whether he will kick plenty of goals or create plenty of goals. His pace, leap and athleticism make it a lay down misere that he will have a big impact.

If his lack of accumulation does come down to positioning, that's a team structure and system thing where they are trying to take advantage of his biggest attributes.

If that is the case, I'm way more comfortable with drafting him as that is my only concern.

I like him but with all due respect he’s not going to grow 6 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, he's 181cm.

Lachie Neale is 177cm
Errol Gulden is 175cm
Zac Butters is 181cm
Zach Merrett is 180cm

Jagga will grow a couple of inches yet. He's got another 3 years of growth.

I have only watched the champ highlights but Smith is incredibly impressive. Will obviously need to bulk up but does look like he could be a POD in the midfield. Has some unbelievable agility with those very Chad Warner-like elastic ankles. 15 clearances in two VFL games is also seriously impressive considering his light frame.

Edit: Just watched the VFL highlights and he did lack a bit of composure with his disposal especially after winning it at clearance. Maybe against the bigger bodies the confidence isn't 100% there yet to absorb contact leading to some rushed disposal. But definitely has a lot of the attributes I would be looking for.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sarcasm aside, if we are still talking trading back down, even as a hypothetical, suggesting that we didn't trade up, in order to trade down again is prudent. It would be admitting we made a mistake. Sort of like the movie Draft Day.

Unless of course we rated the likely top 10 or so, and didn't have designs on one of the consensus top 5.
If we'd turned 12 and 14 plus Owies into 3, then turned 3 into 6 and 11. That's not admitting a mistake, if two early pick was the goal.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back