Votes: 34 8.0%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 105 24.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t have a problem with drapers kicking either. For mine it’s his handballing. He’s not a great handball under pressure in stoppages. Too many times he chooses wrong option or doesn’t handball to advantage of receiver. This is where jagga is much better.

Makes me think Draper would be best used as a first receiver around stoppages. Give him just a little bit of space to work with when receiving the ball and he can make anyone look like a fool with his footwork and breakaway.

Good thing we have a bloke named Patrick Cripps who can hb to him...

I don’t have a problem with drapers kicking either. For mine it’s his handballing. He’s not a great handball under pressure in stoppages. Too many times he chooses wrong option or doesn’t handball to advantage of receiver. This is where jagga is much better.

Makes me think Draper would be best used as a first receiver around stoppages. Give him just a little bit of space to work with when receiving the ball and he can make anyone look like a fool with his footwork and breakaway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
He's definitely best suited to a first receiver role from my viewing. Ben was feeding him the ball like Cripps was to Walsh most games they played together. He's not a fantastic reader of the ruck imo, similar to Walsh. More naturally inclined to get on the end of a chain of play than be the hit to midfielder (Just so happens we have a natural go to inside mid in Cody Walker in a couple of years time too which will no doubt go into the calculations of who we pick this year).

That said, I never get too worried about a draftees handballing skill. Its probably the easiest skill to improve in a professional environment as most of it is just about confidence and repetitions. Given he'd be getting pointers from Cripps, Hewett, Cerra and Walsh I'd be pretty confident on his ability to get it up to standard quick smart.

Ahh fudge. I haven’t rated Draper really through no solid reasoning and a mate just got me to watch more of his highlights. I’m a spud. I’m sold. He is very good. I’d be happy with El-Sid, or Mick Jagga, or Dusty Lalor, or Full-of-Sullivan. We can’t lose at 3. Only negative is the potential go home factor but we had the best Croweater ever amongst a fair few others. Father Campo to boot and Sid is best mates with Ben is he not. Hurry up with that damn draft. Why are we waiting so bloody long.

There is seriously up to 8-10 really solid mids in this draft. We need another 1st to hopefully snag a slider.
If Sid and Ben best mates then I can see Austin def picking Draper at #3. Austin likes to pick kids that have strong connections throughout their juniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back