Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood supporters bronx cheering a free...... while leading the count 17 to 11

Check their review thread and online they think they battled against the umps all night

I think there are a number of ways you can tell those in the media want Collingwood to do well, and the commentary of Ash Johnson last night was one of them.

You, as a supposedly-neutral caller of the game, are way, way too invested in a team's success if you're so clearly bothered by a depth player in an 8th placed side.

I think there are a number of ways you can tell those in the media want Collingwood to do well, and the commentary of Ash Johnson last night was one of them.

You, as a supposedly-neutral caller of the game, are way, way too invested in a team's success if you're so clearly bothered by a depth player in an 8th placed side.

To be fair, I thought McCartin retired Johnson back in round 1 so I am surprised he even got selected

To be fair, I thought McCartin retired Johnson back in round 1 so I am surprised he even got selected
And whilst I do agree - have never rated him at all - I think he's far from the only sub-par depth player running around for his team. In fact there are a lot of them around the competition. But it's telling that when we used to play, say, James Bell (sorry for the drive-by James!), the commentators used to just go with the old "here's Bell, good young player", even though Morgan Freeman should've been in the narrator's box saying, "He was in fact, not a good young player."

But it's because they probably never cared about us, and Bell specifically, to really know what the deal was with him. Why he wasn't getting games, what he was in the team for, what his strengths and weaknesses were. The commentators last night were talking about Ash Johnson like they'd memorised every page of his player thread on Bigfooty. It's nuffy behaviour that gives away how much they have riding on Johnson and his team succeeding.

IF the Suns win Magpies drop out of the 8 and the Bombers stay where they are. Double dip for us :tongueoutv1:

Let Me Please GIF by NETFLIX

And whilst I do agree - have never rated him at all - I think he's far from the only sub-par depth player running around for his team. In fact there are a lot of them around the competition. But it's telling that when we used to play, say, James Bell (sorry for the drive-by James!), the commentators used to just go with the old "here's Bell, good young player", even though Morgan Freeman should've been in the narrator's box saying, "He was in fact, not a good young player."

But it's because they probably never cared about us, and Bell specifically, to really know what the deal was with him. Why he wasn't getting games, what he was in the team for, what his strengths and weaknesses were. The commentators last night were talking about Ash Johnson like they'd memorised every page of his player thread on Bigfooty. It's nuffy behaviour that gives away how much they have riding on Johnson and his team succeeding.
He's actually not without X factor but psychologically would have to be shot. Can't see how his career can progress with the Pies, or any club in a traditional footy state with the associated fish bowl. He would need to come to a club like us for any chance of having a sustained career at this point.

He's actually not without X factor but psychologically would have to be shot. Can't see how his career can progress with the Pies, or any club in a traditional footy state with the associated fish bowl. He would need to come to a club like us for any chance of having a sustained career at this point.
It's hard for me to muster any sort of enthusiasm about him as a player after this. Quite possibly the most embarrassing 10 seconds in footy history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before halfway through last year he looked unreal at times. He's got some ridiculous talent but confidence has been shot to pieces.

Meanwhile some teams have literally been all over Australia
There are other oddities too. We've already had our bye you'd think they'd schedule our next one with the third lot of these next ones. Also don't understand why all the bye teams play each other the week after as to remove any questions re number of day breaks. It's just weird all around.

I really only have time to watch swans games. so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Ahh I see. Let me try and fill you in. The young Mr Darcy was being courted, or one could say being closely blanketed, by the lovely Elizabeth. But such was their passion for one another, that it boiled over, causing a cranky Mr Darcy to lash out, accidentally causing Elizabeth to come crashing to the ground. Elizabeth’s family did not react well, swearing to never let Mr Darcy near their beloved Elizabeth again. Mr Darcy was rattled but soon composed himself and went on to show the world what an incredible young man he was, much to the chagrin of Elizabeth’s somewhat feral family. The episode concluded with an air of unrequited love but a hint of promise for their next encounter, with Mr Darcy likely to take a leave of absence for the next 2 weeks.

interstate sides do fking suck at the MCG

i wouldnt be against the idea of if you come 1st or 2nd on the ladder as an interstate side, you can nominate playing at the MCG as your home game (obviously optional) in the finals

big risk but big reward playing where you need to win it

I'd rather pay Collingwood in the Grand Final than the bulldogs. We'd see a 2016 2.0. Guarantee they'd exploit the home town umpiring. It's in their DNA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back