Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah for me that’s spot on, it depends what injury Rankine has suffered which is a disgrace it comes down to this AFL and their punish the injury not the act. Parker hit 6 because of the outcome
He's suffered concussion. Don't think that's up for debate. Even if he wasn't technically concussed (pretty unlikely) he was forced off under concussion protocols. I don't think the tribunal gives consideration to degrees of concussion.

It was arguably worse than Wright's because Wright was legitimately contesting a mark and it just went horribly wrong. I think Callum Brown's act on McCartin was similar. This was just a shirtfront when he had the choice to tackle.

It’s interesting watching Hardwick and Clarkson failing to do better than their predecessors this year. One year is too soon a period to know if they will turn their clubs around, but I’m guessing they were each hoping for more this year.
This is Clarko's second season at North, not his first. They're still in a better situation than they were in 2022 and I can at least see green shoots.

Hardwick OTOH....yeah he hasn't really turned the Suns around. 2025 is a huge year for both parties.

He's suffered concussion. Don't think that's up for debate. Even if he wasn't technically concussed (pretty unlikely) he was forced off under concussion protocols. I don't think the tribunal gives consideration to degrees of concussion.

It was arguably worse than Wright's because Wright was legitimately contesting a mark and it just went horribly wrong. I think Callum Brown's act on McCartin was similar. This was just a shirtfront when he had the choice to tackle.

Depends whether it’s more than a concussion (aka a fractured jaw or something). For mine let’s look at the ones this year Wright 4 weeks, Rankine 4. Jimmy Webster 7 weeks. Probably falls between the two extremes, I’ll say 5 weeks but if they go 6 weeks it’s not unexpected. Don’t think it’s a 7-8 weeker when Webster gets 7 for elbowing a bloke deliberately (that was a joke this should have been 10-12 weeks)

This is Clarko's second season at North, not his first. They're still in a better situation than they were in 2022 and I can at least see green shoots.

Hardwick OTOH....yeah he hasn't really turned the Suns around. 2025 is a huge year for both parties.

Losing today by almost ten goals undid a lot of the Suns work, if they then lose to Richmond wow that's a crap finish.

Last week should have got a monkey off the back.

10-12 and maybe 10-13 with that draw and list is ordinary .

Losing today by almost ten goals undid a lot of the Suns work, if they then lose to Richmond wow that's a crap finish.

Last week should have got a monkey off the back.

10-12 and maybe 10-13 with that draw and list is ordinary .

Do feel their list is highly overrated. Workmanlike mids yes who bang it forward yes but the game has changed there’s practically zero class in the midfield unless you could Humpries who never even gets a go there. Love their defence though at least their keys.

Do feel their list is highly overrated. Workmanlike mids yes who bang it forward yes but the game has changed there’s practically zero class in the midfield unless you could Humpries who never even gets a go there. Love their defence though at least their keys.
Ehhh I think Anderson and Flanders do have a bit of class about them. Miller and Rowell I'll grant you.

What hurts is their forward line. Crap smalls and inconsistent talls. That might be why their forward entries tend to be really shit.

Ehhh I think Anderson and Flanders do have a bit of class about them. Miller and Rowell I'll grant you.

What hurts is their forward line. Crap smalls and inconsistent talls. That might be why their forward entries tend to be really shit.

Flanders has barely played in the middle until the last 6 weeks, and I disagree his kicking is highly inconsistent. Anderson is workmanlike gets it a lot but boy jeez he turns it over for fun out there. Humpties needs to come on as a full time mid and maybe one of the academy kids they have drafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick question to the experts here.

Does Port have the wood on us because their players match up well on our players? Or is it because Ken Hinkley's system matches up well against Longmire's system?
I’ll give you a tip BB.
There’s no experts on here.
😉

In order of who I'd want to face in the Top 4 it's Geelong (can be run off the park and midfield won't be able to compete with ours assuming we're playing well) -> GWS (beat them comfortably twice already but their offence does give me pause for thought) -> Port (there's a reason we haven't beaten them since 2016).

From 5-8 the side that I feel most optimistic against is Carlton. Everyone else gives me some worries, but only the Dogs (assuming they're playing well) would give me real nightmares.

If result go as expected (which based on the season they won't), first week of finals we'd go in favourites against the Cats, Port at home against GWS feels like a genuine 50/50, Hawks should take care of Carlton, and Brisbane should account for the Dogs at the G. All pretty great results for us. Most likely outcome if we win our QF is Port, GWS or Hawks in a Prelim at home.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-17-23-05-53-220_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-17-23-05-53-220_com.android.chrome.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 17
WTF is going on this round? Cats could have guaranteed a top 4 spot and locked Brisbane out.
And I'd rather play them first up than Brisbane every day of the week.

WTF is going on this round? Cats could have guaranteed a top 4 spot and locked Brisbane out.
And I'd rather play them first up than Brisbane every day of the week.

Been that sort of season really even we’ve had a poor month or so. Port dreadful for a bit, Giants were in free fall 8 weeks ago, Geelong inconsistent and made the most of a draw from heaven, Lions did well but were 0-5 to start the year.

Why is it that we do it against Port and noone else though? Is it ken Hinkley's general setup or do they just have an abundance of interceptors?

Probably a bit of everything, I feel we get worse when we don’t lower our eyes so to speak

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back