Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to give hope to the Essington fans, here is a predictor that goes in their favour next week. In this scenario possibly only one game in Melbourne all finals until a possible all Sydney grand final.

Will the afl step in and give a home final week one for essendon or Collingwood in a scenario like this? Or what about an mcg game between sydney v geelong? Screenshot_20240818_001529_AFL.jpg

When Collingwood make a comeback

"AWWWWWGGGGHHHRRR THE C0LL!NGW100D FLAGPIE ARMY HERE THEY COME!!!!!!1)&&876"

When Sydney make a comeback

"Yeah they’re good these Swans… now to the panel, how does this affect Collingwood’s chances?"

I’m kidding of course, they don’t really mention us in the second scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If result go as expected (which based on the season they won't), first week of finals we'd go in favourites against the Cats, Port at home against GWS feels like a genuine 50/50, Hawks should take care of Carlton, and Brisbane should account for the Dogs at the G. All pretty great results for us. Most likely outcome if we win our QF is Port, GWS or Hawks in a Prelim at home.
Im not sure how you’ve given Carlton 2 wins when they are underdogs in both their last games. Freo should still get that last spot in the 8 over them.

Just gone on ladder position - if Carlton lose both they miss for either Collingwood or Freo.
It all comes down to the wins because each % point now is worth about 20 points so even the gap between Collingwood 100.1% and Carlton 107.4% is like 140 points. Carlton winning either of their last 2 games will seal this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have a thread for tickets to finals in our forum? I'd love to grab one for the qualifying final off someone that can't go, but I'm not sure where to organise that? mods

I knew Hawks would be good this year but gee whiz it is ridiculous how impressive they've been.

If you think about how nearly every game for the past nearly 3 months straight has been must-win for them, they've really only had one bad game in that time - and that was to Geelong at the Cattery (no shame in that.)

If you take out their first month or so they've been as good as anyone.

Even today, must-win, everything to play for, could easily get sucked in to half-arsing given their opposition... and they've just turned up and started exactly how they needed to start to make things easier for themselves.

I knew Hawks would be good this year but gee whiz it is ridiculous how impressive they've been.

If you think about how nearly every game for the past nearly 3 months straight has been must-win for them, they've really only had one bad game in that time - and that was to Geelong at the Cattery (no shame in that.)

If you take out their first month or so they've been as good as anyone.

Even today, must-win, everything to play for, could easily get sucked in to half-arsing given their opposition... and they've just turned up and started exactly how they needed to start to make things easier for themselves.
They are like the 2017 Swans, have the best form of anyone in the latter half of the year but surely will run out of gas by the time finals come along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back