Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta give GWS time to grow organically. I'd imagine a lot of their early fans base is parents with young kids who want their kids to support an afl team. And then other casual fans who just chose the new team because they live west and have a general interest in Aussie rules. And then the general casual fans who were never invested enough to support the swans, figured they'd jump on the Giants bandwagon as the shiny new toy. Over the next 2-3 decades that fan base will grow naturally.

I remember it wasn't too long ago that the swans were happy with a turnout of 30k+. I only started following in 2005 so I wasn't around for the more dire times.

Stop talking sense mate ;)

12 years into NSW venture, and without the competition of a 30 year established club with a untapped market of 4-5m people, the Swans averaged 9814 to their home games... but yeah, 11,000 on a cold, wet Saturday night is something to be ridiculed :rolleyes:

Last edited:
One thing about GWS, they recruit for speed. All these youngsters are electric like Fonzi and Jones - Jones was on fast forward last night. Part of their transition game plan.

Fast recruitment is winning recruitment.

Yours in speed, JHWF.

Would love to see you change your signature to "Yours on speed". As an added bonus, you'll probably get some more likes from lurking Eagles and Bombers fans.

I hope we already have a plan for Cox. I rate him highly.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
I think Horse was asked about Cox potentially becoming a head coach, I think either heavily implied or explicitly expressed that WCE would be interested. He looked very coy when trying to play the question with a straight bat.........

some early calls ...
c'wood will belt geelong
understaffed melbourne will scare essendon, and might even win ... same with dogs against carlton
gold coast will beat port

of course, i could be wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the pies dropping out of contention tonight - hoping the Geelong players have got the tomato sauce strapped under their jerseys so they can spurt blood at the first Naicos fend
This would be good and see Pretty Boy Flakos get off

Shakes head @ Jake Kolodjashnij

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back