Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Horse has wanted a pressure forward even with Papley there. If it isn't Wicks or Corey or Fox, it's got to be someone. Not going to be Parker or Adams.

Of course, I'm not suggesting Horse is definitely going to get the mix right, or drop players when they shouldn't be dropped.
It will be interesting what Horse does. As you say, and I've said all year, he wants that zippy pressure forward and selection has shown that all year. But looking at the team make-up when everyone is fit, the only way Horse can have that pressure forward in is if both Parker and Adams make way and one of them is sub. I just can't see that happening either.

Probably much ado about nothing until we know the personnel that will be available and the form they'll be in. Still gotta get through tonight unscathed and hopefully in good nick.

The two games on now might have been better forfeited as they are an embarrassment to footy. It would have saved a lot of embarrassment & the angst of the supporters. Both the Eagles & Kangas are psychologically in Bali or Phuket, they just haven't sent their bodies yet. I know we were in this position only weeks ago & I thought the same then. We hadn't checked out we just didn't check in, missed the flight completely.

The two games on now might have been better forfeited as they are an embarrassment to footy. It would have saved a lot of embarrassment & the angst of the supporters. Both the Eagles & Kangas are psychologically in Bali or Phuket, they just haven't sent their bodies yet. I know we were in this position only weeks ago & I thought the same then. We hadn't checked out we just didn't check in, missed the flight completely.

Like i said you dont need 24 rounds to determine the final 8.

The season is to long

How many goals will Jeremy Cameron kick today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16 WCE players have lower disposals than the lowest for Geelong and Geelong have Humphries and Stewart having spend sub 60% TOG. (Excluding subs)

As opposed to West Coast?
West Coast are at the end of a cycle - a lot of their players are busted up, old or second rate. And they have no ruckman.

They’ve also had serious coaching issues.

Norf on the other hand have a crop of top end picks, a clever and experienced coach and are playing at their’home away from home’.

Anytime you’d like a lesson on when not ask stupid questions, let me know. 😉

West Coast probably about to have back-to-back years of 200 points being kicked against them.

It's amazing how a coach obviously good enough to win a premiership with them managed to fundamentally destroy them as a team so badly.
At this point is it the Coach or is it just the players being awful. They literally have no youth coming through other than Reid that you go they will be a top 30 player in the comp. They have literally no ruckman as well

Can see the ladder:
Swans
Cats
Port
Giants
Lions
Dogs
Hawks
Blues
😄😄😄
AFL would like that.
Of course if Port and GWS win it's a bit different, but only a bit.
Swans
Port
Cats
Giants
etc

Not even gonna see the start of the tigers suns game, hawks game wont finish in time.

At this point is it the Coach or is it just the players being awful. They literally have no youth coming through other than Reid that you go they will be a top 30 player in the comp. They have literally no ruckman as well
If the players get to this point it's definitely the coach. It's the entire culture obviously, but the coach is a huge part of that, and Simpson did a terrible job at preventing the club and culture from getting to this point.

I remember listening to talk back in about 2019/20 and West Coast fans calling in literally every morning saying he needed to play the kids, why's this kid being developed in this role, why's that kid being developed in that role, these old blokes aren't getting us anywhere, etc.. They were all adamant about it, and they were still making finals around that time, so it's not like they were just having hissy-fits after terrible losses every week.

It's generally not a good sign if rank amateurs calling in on the drive in to work are seeing signs of the direction a team is going that the senior coach armed with all the facts isn't seeing.

If the players get to this point it's definitely the coach. It's the entire culture obviously, but the coach is a huge part of that, and Simpson did a terrible job at preventing the club and culture from getting to this point.

I remember listening to talk back in about 2019/20 and West Coast fans calling in literally every morning saying he needed to play the kids, why's this kid being developed in this role, why's that kid being developed in that role, these old blokes aren't getting us anywhere, etc.. They were all adamant about it, and they were still making finals around that time, so it's not like they were just having hissy-fits after terrible losses every week.

It's generally not a good sign if rank amateurs calling in on the drive in to work are seeing signs of the direction a team is going that the senior coach armed with all the facts isn't seeing.

Reid was meeting with Geelong staff prior to the game :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back