Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Either Kennedy or Hewett unfortunately misses out I reckon and Motlop is made sub (to come on for Fantasia), or Kennedy and Hewett both play with one as the sub and we go in with Fog, Owies and a third small (prob Fanta based on selection history)

Not sure we need to play Cerra this week with the short back up just play him next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree. I think it would be best to very conservative and if he is deemed fit this week give him another week and then he goes straight back in.

A bit of a left field one but i am thinking Marchbank in this week to judge if he is really up to it. Not sure who i would leave out but possibly Kemp.

Voss clearly making a statement with the Durdin axing after he took a couple of short steps in the last qtr
Oh yeah, of course it is.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with a player who has been sub for the past 2 matches with very limited minutes, unable to force his way into the 22 right now, and dropping back to the VFL to gain valuable game time and form to launch into the last half of the season.

But that'll learn him!!

Either Kennedy or Hewett unfortunately misses out I reckon and Motlop is made sub (to come on for Fantasia), or Kennedy and Hewett both play with one as the sub and we go in with Fog, Owies and a third small (prob Fanta based on selection history)
Might be a case of starting some resting rotations, Hewett last thing we want him to have a back flare up.

Actually think they'll both play with a big chance of Cerra, Pitto, Marchbank and Fantasia falling out with Motlop sub.

It was a few minutes earlier, he was running towards a contest in the defensive 50, slowed down and sort of waved his arms without impacting the mark.

Wasn't his best work
Like people posting on an internet forum. Lotta hand waving. No impact.

I mean, that’s true

I used to get very good mail from an oppo club employee and would only post things I was 100% on - I just find it strange when people go with information that is quickly proven wrong

Prefer we not leak like yesteryear anyway

Extended bench just to keep Tigers guessing one or both possibly will not be named in the final 23.
I would like to see Motlop play not sure he deserves it but have a feel he could lift his preseason was apparently impressive.
He can kick goals and create opportunities none of our small forwards can including Martin.
The snaps from the pocket are Betts like.
When we play finals the mercurial magic would be awesome and grand finale day could help us overcome what seams a huge ask in Sydney.
I know I’m biased on kicking skillls but he has it in spades we lose a bit of pressure but gain in outcome
He needs a block before finales I think he’s ready he’s young so no stress if he isn’t we go with our mature smalls.
But I feel we need to learn that soon not 4 weeks before finales.
He might be backup but I’ve got a suspicion he’s ready to contribute and make us better.
The fact his number is on my sons jersey has nothing to do with it 😜

Are you saying cinc does tag hacks or that Laura Kane isn't a hack? :think:
You said cinc doesn’t tag hacks, implying Kane was hack, wondered why thought that, just a question ….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blight to debut for them
Stephen King Film GIF

Extended bench just to keep Tigers guessing one or both possibly will not be named in the final 23.
I would agree and suggest that if Cerra fails his fitness test that both won’t play, unless TDK is sore of course

Just was a pretty definitive statement from the poster with the mail

Maybe I’m being too harsh, been a long week for me and I’m tired

Oh yeah, of course it is.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with a player who has been sub for the past 2 matches with very limited minutes, unable to force his way into the 22 right now, and dropping back to the VFL to gain valuable game time and form to launch into the last half of the season.

But that'll learn him!!
Bang on. Bravo. 👍👍

Update: if he gets through training he might play. Mate wouldn't risk it but he said we will see.

My thoughts
Assume it will be a last minute call but I wouldn't do it, it's not needed. If it was a prelim sure but it's against the tigers.

If it’s so touch and go why name him on the field and not on the bench? The club don’t play games with selection.
If Cerra was such a “might play” he’d be on the extended bench.

Given the amount of caution we have displayed with his return I think he is cherry ripe.

We don’t need to rush him back especially this week, so as he is named , he must be ready.

Not doubting your source just think it is not accurate.

Last edited:
I agree. I think it would be best to very conservative and if he is deemed fit this week give him another week and then he goes straight back in.

A bit of a left field one but i am thinking Marchbank in this week to judge if he is really up to it. Not sure who i would leave out but possibly Kemp.

They have been conservative with Cerra. He is named so they must be content with his health and ability to back up next week.

I think you might be right on Marchy.
It would be harsh to drop Kemp but if they believe Marchbank is best option all else being equal, bringing him back v the tiggies is a good option.

It’s as much about synergy with structures and the need for a block of games together as anything else, but Kemp has performed consistently well and would be stiff to miss.

They have been conservative with Cerra. He is named so they must be content with his health and ability to back up next week.

I think you might be right on Marchy.
It would be harsh to drop Kemp but if they believe Marchbank is best option all else being equal, bringing him back v the tiggies is a good option.

It’s as much about synergy with structures and the need for a block of games together as anything else, but Kemp has performed consistently well and would be stiff to miss.

Marchbank and Martin possibly traded/delisted seasons end. Good players but never get on the park for extended periods. Unfortunate but will not magically improve as they get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back