Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

I don’t understand the calls for Kemp to be a possible out at all. His kicking was a worry for me but he has cleaned it up big time over the past 6 weeks.

He sometimes gets outsized one v one but he hasn’t lost more than 1 in any week this year.

He was previously playing too erratically on going for too many out there intercepts but not any more.

He was sometimes losing his man but not any more.

He’s not getting big goal numbers kicked against.

He’s developing really well this year.

Get a real problem. Marchy is backup only now.

Like people posting on an internet forum. Lotta hand waving. No impact.

Sure, but I do this for free ...

Fwiw I think he made up for it with his efforts later that led to a Curnow goal. He's not having a great season but I haven't lost hope in his long term future.

I don’t understand the calls for Kemp to be a possible out at all. His kicking was a worry for me but he has cleaned it up big time over the past 6 weeks.

He sometimes gets outsized one v one but he hasn’t lost more than 1 in any week this year.

He was previously playing too erratically on going for too many out there intercepts but not any more.

Totally agree - Marchy needs to bide his time.

Kemp has a beard now - no touching him.

It's baffling isn't it! Kemps form has been pretty consistent, he's grown, learning fast, evolving and plays with ferocity. This is one of those moments where I'd hope Voss' people management and team courses kicks in and he realises it would really send a ripple to Kemp but possibly the psych of members of the group. Bust your gut, work hard, develop rapport but not deemed valuable enough for when Mr 6 games a season has a game or 2 in the 2s after another injury (and not pounding the door down either).

Mcgovern losses his man more often than Kemp.
Mc plays very loosely always looking for the intercept and he cant stay on his feet, he is more of a concern than Kemp anyday.

Mc plays very loosely always looking for the intercept and he cant stay on his feet, he is more of a concern than Kemp anyday.
I don't agree with this - think Gov has had a fantastic year and did a very good job on Cameron considering his recent performances against us. Regardless both have looked really good in their roles so far - no need to change something that isn't broken

Kemp played his best defensive game against Geelong. That is the improvement

I don't agree with this - think Gov has had a fantastic year and did a very good job on Cameron considering his recent performances against us. Regardless both have looked really good in their roles so far - no need to change something that isn't broken
Im ok with that.

Sure, but I do this for free ...

Fwiw I think he made up for it with his efforts later that led to a Curnow goal. He's not having a great season but I haven't lost hope in his long term future.
Ha. You get what you pay for round here. Lots of free content.

Injuries. Subbing. Lack of continuity. Doesn't have the connection with the rest of the team sorted yet. Looks out of position sometimes. He'll be fine once he gets a run at it. Might not be this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McG can play bigger than Kemp and is our clear 2nd choice defender on his elite disposal alone.

Kemp and Marchy are in a fight for that 3rd spot imo. I think Kemp should be way ahead, but Marchbank seems to be a favourite of the playing group and coach.

I think we're jumping at straws, would be shocked if Kemp is dropped.

Think the only change we see is Cerra for Durdin, with one of Kennedy or Hewett as sub. Stiff as both been good, but that's the way it's gone in the past.

Re Fantasia, we're so solid across the board that we have the luxury of choosing what role we want our 22nd man to play.

Do we want a high defensive half forward to negate opposition transition? If so, Fantasia's the man until Cottrell is fit to take over.

Do we want another small forward who can get involved in link play and provide a threat at ground level? Motlop gives us that, at the expense of some defensive cover.

Good position to be in, and either way we're giving up something to get something.

I would like this to be a 10 goal margin.

They will try and make it a slog and slow down the game, a test of our class will be the ability to navigate the traffic and get clean outside ball.

Do that, and the goals will rain down

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

McG can play bigger than Kemp and is our clear 2nd choice defender on his elite disposal alone.

Kemp and Marchy are in a fight for that 3rd spot imo. I think Kemp should be way ahead, but Marchbank seems to be a favourite of the playing group and coach.

Weiters and Marchy are the 2 pillars FB and CHB.

McG is the 3rd tall that has speed, keeps his feet and is a beautiful kick.

Kemp is 4th in line…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back