Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT: Williams (inj), Pittonet,
IN: Motlop and Hewett
Kennedy comes into the 22 and plays a bit more forward time thus minimising Cripps/Hewett/Kennedy CBAs and Cottrell becomes the sub.

Not convinced yet there is anyone in the VFL that could come into to take over anyone else's spot. Possibly a Cuningham for a Hollands/Cottrell if he plays well again tomorrow but don't really want to be pinning my hopes on him. I have also assumed Gov is out for another but if he is fit it's an easy swap for Marchbank.

Standard "8 changes minimum" response after a loss.

Our VFL side is utter trash. Club needs to think very seriously about bringing any of them in.
Only one id be considering is Cuningham. Martin still a couple weeks off.

Wilson imo will see some game time next year once he bulks up, he's got the traits we're looking for and is a very good player for a first year.

I think the one unanimous thing we can agree on is that Olli, Pitto, Marchy and Cotts must be dropped.

Big game in the VFL tomorrow, massive opportunity for basically any of the listed players.

I actually thought Ollie wasn’t too bad today - at least he had a real crack - but its hard to disagree with the others, although I suspect Cottrell might get a reprieve of sort and just be relegated to the sub role.

Also whilst Marchy was very poor so was Kemp - I don’t trust either of them - so with Gov out for another week that means we’d have to consider Young and/or Durdin otherwise we are too small.

I actually thought Ollie wasn’t too bad today - at least he had a real crack - but its hard to disagree with the others, although I suspect Cottrell might get a reprieve of sort and just be relegated to the sub role.

Also whilst Marchy was very poor so was Kemp - I don’t trust either of them - so with Gov out for another week that means we’d have to consider Young and/or Durdin otherwise we are too small.

I’d take the untried (in our team at least) Durdin over Marchy any day of the week.

Never seen someone so checked out.

He's extremely slow? He's Ollie without the tank

Ollie is not slow slow, but just not pacy. Look, if Billy Wilson was available I would play him. We're not flush with speed anywhere on our list. I just want to blood someone instead of trusting in players who keep letting us down.

We have one AFL debutant this year ... Binns for a few minutes. How does that compare to other teams?

OUT: Cottrell, Pittonet, Owies (rest), Cerra (sub/rest), Marchbank
IN: Kennedy, Hewett, Motlop, Cuningham, McGovern

I… agree with Jimmae…

I don’t think Gov will be ready and Williams has a hammy so Owies probably stays in… but I would certainly drop Cotts, Pitto and Marchy as a minimum.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ollie is not slow slow, but just not pacy. Look, if Billy Wilson was available I would play him. We're not flush with speed anywhere on our list. I just want to blood someone instead of trusting in players who keep letting us down.

We have one AFL debutant this year ... Binns for a few minutes. How does that compare to other teams?
What about Cowan? Did he debut last year ?

Ollie’s biggest problem at the moment is he’s not strong enough in contested situations, loses more than he wins because he’s quite easy to push off.

That and for some reason it takes an abnormally long time for him to go from hand to foot.

Time for the MC to fix its erros of the last 2 weeks.

TDK showed 1 ruck was the way to go for a solid block. Why we would revert back to two rucks is beyond me. Give him the mantle and let the man ****en dominate!

OUT- Pitto, marchbank, cottrell, Williams, O Hollands

In- McGovern, Hewitt, Cuningham, Motlop, Kennedy

Bring Jack Martin back in as the sub if he gets through tomorrow okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the two ruck combo. Our defensive efforts in the midfield the past 2 weeks have been poor, shock horror our best defensive mid didn’t play either game.

Outs: Pitto (minimal impact at stoppage and poor around the ground), Williams and Cotters. Marchbank survives if Gov doesn’t come up and based on his injury history I’d say he has another week off.

Ins: Fantasia, Motlop and Hewitt.

Cez was really poor and I’d relegate him to sub to send a message that he needs to be stronger in the contest.

Standard "8 changes minimum" response after a loss.

Our VFL side is utter trash. Club needs to think very seriously about bringing any of them in.

So you'd rather stick with the guys who stunk it up tonight, and many of them last week as well?

Motlop and Martin should get a look. Hewett was actually in form before being dropped so an easy in.

Do you think some of our poorer role players tonight would look good in our VFL side?

Wilson is available, or at least he hasn't been named injured?

So you'd rather stick with the guys who stunk it up tonight, and many of them last week as well?

Motlop and Martin should get a look. Hewett was actually in form before being dropped so an easy in.

Do you think some of our poorer role players tonight would look good in our VFL side?

Even after two poor losses I think any more than 4 changes is problematic.

Cottrell and Pittonet must be omitted.

Hewett must come in. Need a 2nd inside mid. Cerra and Walsh don't want to play inside.

I would have picked Martin today. Proven he can come straight back in post injury and have an impact.

Motts gets a look because or Williams injury.

Marchbank only stay in until McGovern returns.

The rest of our VFL players are there for a reason, and until they start banging the door down I see no reason to even look at them.

That's 4 changes if Gov is fit, 3 if not.

Cottrell needs to go back to the 2’s and be told you need to get 20+ disposals and 1/2 doz “real” tackles before you’ll be considered again.
One of the softest, least impactful performances I’ve ever seen in the Navy Blue.
Made Kane Lucas look like Luke Hodge.

Wilson is available, or at least he hasn't been named injured?

Is he? Didn't see him named in the VFL. I'll have to have another look.

Further to my point about us not debuting players, here is the number of each clubs debutants this season.

Adelaide 4
Brisbane 3
Carlton 1
Collingwood 6
Essendon 1
Fremantle 4
Geelong 3
Gold Coast 4
GWS 2
Hawthorn 3
Melbourne 5
North Melbourne 5
Port Adelaide 2
Richmond 5
St Kilda 5
Sydney 2
West Coast 5
Western Bulldogs 4

Many of these have played multiple games. Essendon's only debutant has played 4 games so far.

We've had less than a quarter from one debutant. We have 9 players on our list yet to debut. I do wonder if we are expecting too many great games at VFL level to earn a debut, compared to some other clubs. Players need a taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back