Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

We’re all feeling a bit 2022 about things right now, with moi and many others thinking we threw our season away last week. To make it worse the Pies did it again in 2024.

Desperate to have my expectations about the rest of this year exceeded.

Its not the pies game for me as much as the dogs, giants, port games where we played a great QTR in each then went to sleep.

Collingwood were always going to be competitive with the 400 game stuff

I was watching a blue abroad and Terry had pommy on with him reviewing our last game, pommy said the hawks are a bunch of ****ing kids and our boys shouldn't be taking a backwards step, smash them

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the players for a turn-around, we were so close to a win.

OUT: Cerra, Cottrell
IN: Williams, Binns

It's time to give Binns another chance, we need his run
So this is very much a live chance?

I'd play all of williams, Martin owies, motlop... get some speed and carnage up forward...we haven't seen that mix...we've seen all other combos
25 possessions between all 4 of them. Add Fog and Pitto to the mix and that’s 40 possessions.

Just feels like it leaves a lot of work up to the rest of the group. If Williams is back no way would I play Owies.

Reckon Fogarty is doing great up forward, especially with his pressure. But I wonder whether stints through the middle would work, especially when we have a patch where we’re losing the clearances? Maybe just a crazy idea.
Not crazy at all. I’m actually a little surprised we haven’t given him the run with role as yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m feeling pretty meh about us and our prospects for the remainder of the season.

Case of expecting the worst (I doubt we win another game as I think we are totally cooked physically), but will be pleasantly surprised if we turn it around.

I do think the annoucement of Russell going is further proof the club knows we are cooked and trying to get ahead of the narrative. We have a whole bunch of players either injured, underdone or playing hurt.

Their weights and heights are irrelevant. Pittonet is a capable seasoned player who knows what is required at the highest level.
Their weights and heights are relevant when the comment was about brute strength.... And is he/ does he? No tackles in the last 2 games. 1 or 2 marks... He may know whats required but he can't do it.
If Mirkov plays Meek will out muscle, out run and out play Mirkov in a way that will so decisive it will almost certainly be the definitive factor in a Hawks victory.
You don't know that and on pittos formline. He's going to do that anyway.
Mirkov is nowhere near league standards which is not unexpected as he is a highly speculative cat b rookie selection
Neither is pitto
I’d rather we play Young in the ruck than play Mirkov. There is no chance Voss would pick him given he’s talked all season about building the connection
I never said pick Mirkov. My comment was purely about meek beating up mirkov but not pitto which was the ludicrous comment I responded to.

Love people taking comments and being liberal.

I never said mirkov should play nor that he was likely. Simply that if anyone thinks mirkov would get destroyed physically by meek and that is the key rEason he won't get picked as was purported they are wrong. Meek will equally destroy pitto physically.

Wrt connection. In general play Pitto doesn't have it. He doesn't get used as an outlet kick. He doesn't get used as the structural node they look for a mark and a run by. He's just nowhere.
In contests it's similar. He's not tackling, he's not blocking, he's not really even hitting to advantage recently.

He needs a massive kick up the ass.

25 possessions between all 4 of them. Add Fog and Pitto to the mix and that’s 40 possessions.

Just feels like it leaves a lot of work up to the rest of the group. If Williams is back no way would I play Owies.

Not interested in possessions I'm
interested in heat. Tired of seeing the ball continually walked out of our forward 50 with little pressure.

Hawks have quick tall defenders who can matchup on Charlie

Harry is the one that needs to present strong and hard, as they really don't have a great match up for him

Our forward/ground press needs to be setup well, otherwise they will hurt us the other way

Provided charlie isn't injured i suspect he'll have a good game.

I'm more worried about getting it to him.

Hawks have quick tall defenders who can matchup on Charlie

Harry is the one that needs to present strong and hard, as they really don't have a great match up for him

Our forward/ground press needs to be setup well, otherwise they will hurt us the other way
Frost?

Bit of a hack, but their tallest KPD....only 194cm.

1 on 1 Chuck would slaughter him... need to get him isolated...

Sicily 188cm, Weddle 191cm.

Jiath 185cm...

Hardwick even shorter....ditto Impey.

So, not much height there at all.

So Frost on Charlie, no one close to Harry.

Would be very tempted to run Kemp and/or Guv through the forward 50.

1723171413895.png

Frost?

Bit of a hack, but their tallest KPD....only 194cm.

1 on 1 Chuck would slaughter him... need to get him isolated...

Sicily 188cm, Weddle 191cm.

Jiath 185cm...

Hardwick even shorter....ditto Impey.

So, not much height there at all.

So Frost on Charlie, no one close to Harry.

Would be very tempted to run Kemp and/or Guv through the forward 50.

View attachment 2072857
Scrimshaw is 194cm.
Weddle is apparently 193cm.

Sicily won't take anyone.

But yeah, no height match up for Harry since Blanck went down, hence the interest in Barrass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back