Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Walsh & Cerra aren't part of this solution then our whole list is cooked.
Exactly right. Unfortunately we dont have pacey midfielders like the Swans/Dogs

It's too late to change the dynamic and not gonna all of a sudden add an A grade pacey midfielder in the offseason.

THis is the side that wins it all or its bust

Exactly right. Unfortunately we dont have pacey midfielders like the Swans/Dogs

It's too late to change the dynamic and not gonna all of a sudden add an A grade pacey midfielder in the offseason.

THis is the side that wins it all or its bust
that's a bit of a myth - who's quick at the Dogs? Richards?

Bont, Libba, Macrae just as slow as our lot, if not slower...

We just weren't switched on for whatever reason... and didn't work hard enough....

that's a bit of a myth - who's quick at the Dogs? Richards?

Bont, Libba, Macrae just as slow as our lot, if not slower...

We just weren't switched on for whatever reason... and didn't work hard enough....
And as others have said, structural issues with two rucks, Cerra and Walsh too caught up inside... Cotts, Hollands etc MIA.

All pretty easy fixes imo.

M.C. will not over-react, yet team does really need a shake up imo.

Presuming Gov needs a another week and assuming that they will not pick Martin just yet.

Marchy=Sam Durdin

Zac=Motts

Pitto=Hewett

Cottrell=Cuners.

Sub=Ollie.

Presuming Gov needs a another week and assuming that they will not pick Martin just yet.

Marchy=Sam Durdin

Zac=Motts

Pitto=Hewett

Cottrell=Cuners.

Sub=Ollie.
don't mind that...

personally, i'd like Martin back in too....

Who for is the question. Fog? Would be harsh...

Motts and Martin in forward 50.... yes!

Marchy=Sam Durdin

Zac=Motts

Pitto=Hewett

Cottrell=Cuners.

Sub=Ollie.
This is what I would do aswell but I reckon voss will play cottrell and cunners will remain in the 2”s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is spot on!
I would prefer Ollie has a spell in the McGoos and Cotts has a lucky dip. Ollie might have been running hard defensively but you also have to win the football or run hard to receive and use it well. I know Cotts has stunk it up as well in this regard but he gets one more go. I think if he's up and about he's just as good endurance wise, quicker than Ollie, a better tackler and a pretty reliable shot at goal. Time for him to be up and about. Anyways we'll see.

Marchy=Sam Durdin

Zac=Motts

Pitto=Hewett

Cottrell=Cuners.

Sub=Ollie.
Like the idea of Cunners for Cottrell. Cunners silk at HF & push Walsh/Cerra changing wing/mid.

Ollie can have a full game in the magoos - don't see any value in him as sub.

Yes also to Hewy obviously - Motlop looks quick in the twos, like him in for Zac. (if not Martin).

Pitto outsky.

I seem to be in the minority on this one, but if Gov isn't right, I want Marchbank to stay in the side.

It's well established that Marchbank (1) needs a game or two to reacclimatise to AFL level, and (2) is more than serviceable when he gets going.

Dropping him after a single game in which much of our backline was poor and our team defense generally was not up to scratch? That would be the kind of kneejerk reaction I'd hope the MC would avoid.

I seem to be in the minority on this one, but if Gov isn't right, I want Marchbank to stay in the side.

It's well established that Marchbank (1) needs a game or two to reacclimatise to AFL level, and (2) is more than serviceable when he gets going.

Dropping him after a single game in which much of our backline was poor and our team defense generally was not up to scratch? That would be the kind of kneejerk reaction I'd hope the MC would avoid.
+1

It's quite rare for Vossy to drop a player after 1 bad game. He'd do it if McGovern returned as that is a different thing as he would of told March he is covering 1 game.

It's weird with Marchy. I think he is cursed. In the first qtr alone he made good runs and the other defenders just went nah and then kicked it elsewhere to worse situations. They could have used him to build up his confidence but they chose otherwise.

Having said all that I really want to Durdin trialled as the second key defender. The defender that properly allows the others do want they want to do naturally. Intercept mark. Durdin to play a Collins role.

I feel like he's mentally checked out. Rather we trial Durdin in the role.

Now based on injury list

Out - Cottrell, Marchbank, Pittonet, Williams

In - Cuningham (sub), Motlop, McGovern and Hewett

Kemp Weitering Cowan
Saad McGovern Newman
Hollands Cripps Acres
Hollands McKay Walsh
Motlop Curnow Owies
TDK Cerra Hewett

I/C - Boyd, Kennedy, Fogarty, Cincotta and Cuningham

From today’s Injury Update:-

Zac Williams (hamstring) 😢
  • Underwent scans which have confirmed a hamstring strain following the game against the Western Bulldogs
  • The Club will work through a timeline of recovery over the next week

Orazio Fantasia (calf)
  • Managing calf soreness out of the VFL game on Sunday
  • Availability: Test

Mitch McGovern (hip flexor)

- Availability: Test

From today’s Injury Update:-

Zac Williams (hamstring) 😢
  • Underwent scans which have confirmed a hamstring strain following the game against the Western Bulldogs
  • The Club will work through a timeline of recovery over the next week
If anything he'll be fresh in the lead-up to finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back