Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Marchbank - but now might be a good opportunity to suss if either Durdin or Young can hold up a key position post.

We wouldn’t want another situation in the finals where Weitering ends up hampered and our next best KPD is Kemp matched up on an elite KPF.

We've already sussed that out I'm afraid... the results speak for themselves...

I seem to be in the minority on this one, but if Gov isn't right, I want Marchbank to stay in the side.

It's well established that Marchbank (1) needs a game or two to reacclimatise to AFL level, and (2) is more than serviceable when he gets going.

Dropping him after a single game in which much of our backline was poor and our team defense generally was not up to scratch? That would be the kind of kneejerk reaction I'd hope the MC would avoid.

He was getting pantsed by VFL
forwards before he got the lucky call up last week.

He then got soundly beaten again on Saturday. Watch the Dog’s first goal of the 3rd qtr. Rhylee West toyed with him. He’s half his size!

I feel for him but sadly, Marchy is a major liability when asked to defend. Most people know it but don’t want to admit it. We’ve already got one of those in Kemp. (Good interceptor, poor pure defender). We can’t carry two of these guys down there and IMO Kemp has more upside.

We need more pace and skill in the side, and Hewett as a defence mid. We should not play two rucks again. It doesn't work.

In: Hewett, Kennedy, Cuningham, Martin, Fantasia
Out: Pittonet, Kemp, Williams (inj.), Cottrell, Cincotta

B: Boyd---------------Weitering-------------Newman

H: Cowan-------------Marchbank------------Saad

C: Acres---------------Cripps---------------O.Hollands

H: E.Hollands---------C.Curnow-----------Cuningham

F: Fogarty-------------McKay---------------Martin

Foll: De Koning, Cerra, Walsh

Bench: Hewett, Kennedy, Fantasia, Owies

Sub: Kemp

We need more pace and skill in the side, and Hewett as a defence mid. We should not play two rucks again. It doesn't work.

Here he is after 9 months.

Where have you been!

In: Hewett, Kennedy, Cuningham, Martin
Out: Pittonet, Williams (inj.), Cottrell, marchbank

B: Boyd---------------S Durdin-------------Newman

H: Cowan-------------Weitering------------Saad

C: Acres---------------Cripps---------------Cerra

H: E.Hollands---------C.Curnow-----------Kennedy

Foll: De Koning, Hewett, Walsh

Bench: Owies, cuningham, Kemp, O Hollands

Sub: Cottrell

Kemp and Cincotta just aren’t getting dropped.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hewett has to come in.

People bang on about lack of metres gained and not a great kick but he does his role bloody well.

He gives structure to our stoppages with his big strong body and wins his own ball which i would prefer they use him more as rather than a semi tagger.

He gives us that real grunt like Cripps and Kennedy which is a crucial part of our game style; brutalise other teams mids.

Cera and Walsh are more your breakaways who can receive and deliver inside 50.

Just gotta have the right mix on the park.

Hewett has to come in.

People bang on about lack of metres gained and not a great kick but he does his role bloody well.

He gives structure to our stoppages with his big strong body and wins his own ball which i would prefer they use him more as rather than a semi tagger.

He gives us that real grunt like Cripps and Kennedy which is a crucial part of our game style; brutalise other teams mids.

Yes. Pitto, Marchy and Cotters must make way for Martin, Hewett and Motlop. If there is only 1 change for the Kangas I will eat my bra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Mots for Williams (absolute no brainer)
2. Cuners for Cotters (pretty much a no brainer)
3. George H. for Pitto (1 ruck backed up by H)

Then the maybes:
4. Guv for Marchy (no brainer if Guv is fit)
5. Martin for O. Hollands (not like for like but...)

Cinc in the guts and maybe at times as a stopper on one of their better mids.

Walsh to the Hollands wing.

Boys to fire the f... up for Crippa's 201st!

Charlie 7.2, Harry 6.1.

I have this theory that cunningham makes charlie a better player because his delivery is accurate and deep.
Cunnners should be in
Cuningham has great kicking skills, problem is he doesn’t get enough of the ball. In his 3 AFL games this year he’s averaged 6 kicks and 7 handballs a game.

Hewett has to come in.

Hewett rarely has a bad game.... and really shores up the defensive side of our midfield.

(he IS our defensive midfield!)

I reckon the MC got cocky and though we were travelling well enough to try out a few things...

It was a mistake.

is it?

In years gone by, he's come straight back in to the seniors and performed well....

Last year, didn't he kick 3 v the Dawks straight in after a lay off?

Let's see what the MC says!
I get it, Martin has this X factor that can lift sides...at his best can and will do anything. I just think its a bit of a rush.
Motts could be a better option? who really knows on the day anything can happen.

I doubt there is going to be tge wholesale changes people are expecting

Williams out with a hammy, Gov might sit out due to a short turnaround for Port, possibly one more change if we decide to go with one ruckman, but that wasn't the reason for the loss against the Dogs

Hewett should come back in, should never have been drop and expecting or stoppage and contest work to go through the roof

I doubt there is going to be tge wholesale changes people are expecting

Williams out with a hammy, Gov might sit out due to a short turnaround for Port, possibly one more change if we decide to go with one ruckman, but that wasn't the reason for the loss against the Dogs

Hewett should come back in, should never have been drop and expecting or stoppage and contest work to go through the roof
yes, the MC has shown itself to be overly conservative....

Problem is Cotts (and to a slightly lesser extent young Hollands) means we're almost playing 2 men down...

Three when we go with 2 ruck and Pitto does nothing around the ground...

I get it, Martin has this X factor that can lift sides...at his best can and will do anything. I just think its a bit of a rush.
Motts could be a better option? who really knows on the day anything can happen.
For me, bring in both Motts and Martin.

Those two with Owies, Big H and CC up forward - good mix.

They'll need to show Martin respect and they know that. Ditto Mots and Owies.

Motts can get off the chain and kick multiple goals quickly....

Hollands/Cuners/Cripps/Walsh/Bam Bam rotating forward....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back