Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

Were you told anything about the shoulder prior?

I'm told he did it a while ago and needs surgery which would put him out for the year. ONLY chance to get new contract was to play and try and prove himself
I thought it was the shoulder he did wrestling a while ago.

In any case the club has given Cunners, Marchbank etc a fair time to get right, probably a lot longer than other clubs would have.

I’m told Cuningham Marchbank & Martin won’t be offered new contracts
Surprised by Martin, surely we offer him a year on a suitable contract? Point of difference on our list if he can get fit.

I'd personally be clearing out Cunners, Marchbank and Durdin, while taking a punt on Martin. Hopefully Moir can develop into that player but looks 1-2 years away and hasn't displayed any of Martin's tenacity or aggression to date.

l would suggest most likely to be correct, need to bring in some fresh young talent.
One of Martin & Marchbank a slim chance.

I’m told Marchbank knows

Martin I’m told simply can’t get get up week after week even after VFL matches. We are just hoping to have him for finals

Nothing to do with ability or anything else. Body just not up to it

I assume Sam Durdin gone as well

The fact we went hard after Hayward I think confirms our doubts around Martin
He would have been perfect for our forward set up. Must now look at another medium forward on the younger side imo. Definitely try and get in contract Max Gruzewski from the Giants. I like how the young kid goes about it

He would have been perfect for our forward set up. Must now look at another medium forward on the younger side imo. Definitely try and get in contract Max Gruzewski from the Giants. I like how the young kid goes about it

We do have options.

Get Silvagni fit, maybe Kemp and we have O’Keefe as a third taller option

Can Monahan or Moir develop?

I don’t know much about Gruzewski but happy for us to look at anyone

Last edited:
Agree but still feel it was worth the risk playing him next to Curnow in the goalsquare against Port.
At least would have enabled a better structure.
If he does not return this week, it looks like he may not be part of our plans.

Told he didn’t get up from last game. He really is a week by week option

If he’s ready and fit I am sure Voss would like to play him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do have options.

Get Silvagni fit, maybe Kemp and we have O’Keefe as a third taller option

Can Monahan or Moir develop?

I think we need a more dynamic 3 forward, the names in the first paragraph don’t excite me or make the opposition worry. Martin makes oppositions worry and I think Moir will as well in time.

I’m told this is one of the top to requirements in the off season!

I think we need a more dynamic 3 forward, the names in the first paragraph don’t excite me or make the opposition worry. Martin makes oppositions worry and I think Moir will as well in time.

I’m told this is one of the top to requirements in the off season!

True along with KPD and some leg speed

Any options?

Typical Carlton forum BS by a few

Twisting things to make them worse or different to what they actually were

Cerra is NOT a whisper
Binns is NOT the new handsome prince. Many people just believe he deserved a go especially with Acres out
Hardly anyone if anyone has said Voss is clueless. BUT some people have asked questions which is fair

Deal in facts. You can disagree and debate the point but don’t twist to suit

Regarding your comments about Cerra, given you know the family well, do you think they would endorse you sharing this information?

If Martin really is that sore then just play Kemp as the third tall and leave Young to play on the resting ruckman

In Acres - McKay - Boyd
Out - Carroll - Cunners - Ollie/Cotts

Boyd - Wieters - Gov
Saad - Young - Newman

Walsh - Cripps - Acres
Pitto - Cerra - Hewitt

EH - Charlie - Kemp
Motts - McKay - Owies

Cowan - Cinc - Fog - Kennedy
Sub - Ollie/Cotts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status