Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Ollie, even when he makes a howler, because he has vision and honors a lead, is usually very accurate and well weighted ball user, and absolutely ALWAYS has a crack and plays his guts out for 4/4
If you put the Binns dart passing ability into Ollie he would be on his way to being an AA winger in the future.

He has plenty of time on his side to improve his disposal tho.

Can't ask for more than he gave today. Same can be said for 99% of the team today.

End of the day it shouldn't have fallen to the last game of the season to make finals

Sad hurt but life is about moments I enjoyed the game the fight from a young group we didn’t win but we had a red hot crack I had moments of pure joy.Granted the end was devastating.Im going choose optimism because nihilistic views aren’t why I watch footy.I watch it for hope joy and moments, I wanted more moments so I’ll wait next year for more moments

I was wondering what all the chanting was. Just watched the final moments of the match and the ball sailed over everyone's head. If by some miracle we get into the finals I do not want to see Moir, Binns or Carroll dropped. Drop Motlop and Durdin. We need Fantasia. As Bon Jovi sings 'Living on a Pray' and I hate Bon Jovi.

The club stuffed this season up, Russell was never any good and the mc decided to be cute.

This is 100% failure I put on the club and not the players but being shit scared of playing Brisbane in Brisbane is weak loser stuff

I`m not surprised at your negative response, it's a common theme....suggesting I am "shit scared" of us playing Brisbane & also me being a "Weak Loser" when I am suggesting our odds of winning are fairly low, seems par for the course.

so Kemp misses a clutch kick and we all hang our disheartedness on him. Maybe if kemp had trained forward all year we would have a case. He hasn't, he missed and our hearts were broken. He was a backman until upon needl he became a forward. I'm sure he we relive that shot on goal many a time. He is young, he is a true forward and I back him in.
I would be moving him to the forward line over the offseason and go looking for a tall KPD and another quick 3rd tall defender in the trade period. I don't think that we can depend on McLovin for an entire season. We need someone like his brother or Jones to partner up with Weitering.

Lets see how we go recruiting this year.

I was wondering what all the chanting was. Just watched the final moments of the match and the ball sailed over everyone's head. If by some miracle we get into the finals I do not want to see Moir, Binns or Carroll dropped. Drop Motlop and Durdin. We need Fantasia. As Bon Jovi sings 'Living on a Pray' and I hate Bon Jovi.
I was surprised Carroll was subbed out, with Motlop not getting many touches & Durdin seemed a bit concerned about his shoulder.

Take Voss out of the room and ask the remaining members of the match committee that why they haven't been rotating players?

Why wasn't Charlie given a couple of rests this year? Was it because they wanted some reflected glory in a third coleman for Charlie?

Then I would ask the list management team whose idea it was to keep giving contracts to players who get damaged if a light wind blows past them? I'd ask them why wasn't HoK and Doc put on the LTI and we go to the MSD with 3 picks and pick up a quick tall defender and a medium forward?

There are some people involved in the football department who aren't team players and aren't doing the right thing for the club.
unsure if our hands were'nt tied in earlier years and contracts. Has to be a clean out with hard calls on the perennially injured. I think this year is the year to make those calls with a now solid board. I'd back Voss in, try to bring in an assistant with game day nous, replace Russel with??, and if you can't get on the park consistently there is no use on you being here.

27 fit players, and a few I’m sure playing with some knocks.
Lord, O. Hollands, Binns and Moir when he came on all looked great. The pleasing thing from today, needed the youngsters to stand up and most did. Moir should have come on earlier.

Our small forwards were the disappointment for me, absolutely were no where near it and it’s another game in the sample size where it screams for our recruiting to meet a need and strengthen this part of the ground.

They aimed to cut us up on the outside and use width and it worked for 3 quarters, especially with the 10m short passes.

I am really gutted about how it came down to the last 12 seconds of our season to determine our fate, honestly think it might be worse than 2022, especially if Freo get over the line with 1.5 quarters to go. Going week in and out and spending time and energy, it does get to you. We played with such a young team and fielded as close to a depth team as we nearly could. They were red hot coming in, it would have been incredible if we had won, seconds away. We were the underdog today, I think people forget that. They were close to full strength.

Bring it home Port. Would be interesting to see us sneak in now and play finals without the added pressure or headlines again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree with the comments about us being weak when it comes to the in-game stuff. We tackled better this week, and put good pressure on the user.

Where we seem weak is with the off the ball stuff - too many nice guys - you need a few arseholes in the team willing to have the Argy bargy even if it costs you a free kick or two. Whoever is tagging Cripps should be relentlessly hassled off the ball - make their life hell and win the mental battle.

Geez a lot of doom and gloom if that last ball was touched on the line and we win by 3 points this place would be rocking. Really is a game of inches.

How insipid are the saints who are full strength minus King and pea heart Henry get the rub of the green and yet can only fall over the line against a team missing - TDK , Currnow , McKay , Cerra , McGovern , Willams , Fogarty , Martin , Boyd and Doherty.

fantastic effort from so many young kids in a cobbled together side= very proud of that effort very proud.
Now let’s hope they trust these kids moving forward, other than Cripps if you play crap your dropped as there are guys willing and able to have a crack, just a shame it took till last two rounds to work it out… ( note: I put Harry Curnow and Dekoning as certainties) every one else fair game… coaches don’t learn that they are good enough to cover the injuries next time … get a coach that does… lists win premierships not just a team

I don't agree with the comments about us being weak when it comes to the in-game stuff. We tackled better this week, and put good pressure on the user.

Where we seem weak is with the off the ball stuff - too many nice guys - you need a few arseholes in the team willing to have the Argy bargy even if it costs you a free kick or two. Whoever is tagging Cripps should be relentlessly hassled off the ball - make their life hell and win the mental battle.
I think we have a few but they are young , they try but a bit skin and bones. Another preseason will make a big difference. Voss loves those types

Not sure if it’s been discussed but why were the boys split up watching the game? Did seem odd JSOS and TDK were in a box watching - not with the rest of the boys.
Can get over Charlie in the box.

Think there will be a bit of finger-point this offseason and this does not fill me with optimism there’s not a deeper cultural problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Back