Trades 2024 Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

My first rage trade of the year will be taking place, p155 off out of my team Ridley and never return! Canā€™t believe I got sucked into this campaigner. The red head grass eater is also on the chopping block, Iā€™ve had a gut full.

Option A
Ridley > Ryan
Rowell > Rozee
Bank the rest for a rainy day and leaves me with 8 trades.

Option B
Ridley > Ryan
Freijah > Rook
Rowell > Any mid
Leaves 7 trades

Playing for league only and locked in for Top 4, so happy to continue with limited bench cover and trade for injuries when finals roll around.

View attachment 2037169View attachment 2037170
10 trades, a boost šŸ˜³ and full team, well played šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘.

Option A for me, Rozee looks ok and still cheap, and Freijah nice bench cover.

If Fisher is out, anyone moving him on?
I don't think I can afford to, and I have Jackson sitting at F7, so I can cover him.

The issue is Kerch played well in the VFL and should replace him.

So how does Fisher do when he returns? Will Kerch take all of his chips?

I feel like Caldwell has become a bit of a must have.

Looking at Sexton > Caldwell because I also think Sexton's scores and now price are headed south.

Need to do another trade to facilitate it.

Prolly Dowling > Humphries.

Leaves me with 2 fricken trades.

I have Salem and Jackson as 23rd and 24th players.

Still, though, 2 trades for the rest of the season is a bit of a worry.

Just think Caldwell has joined Heeney, Flanders and Zorko as the four forwards you have to have coz the rest are mid af.

I nearly sidewaysed Sexton to Caldwell on Sunday morning last week in a desperate attempt to win a league match up, and I really wish I had. Would have scored more points and saved me a trade

Looking at Sexton > Caldwell because I also think Sexton's scores and now price are headed south.

Just think Caldwell has joined Heeney, Flanders and Zorko as the four forwards you have to have coz the rest are mid af.

I nearly sidewaysed Sexton to Caldwell on Sunday morning last week in a desperate attempt to win a league match up, and I really wish I had. Would have scored more points and saved me a trade

My only concern with Caldwell is the time Zerrett has spent forward in recent times due to tags and state of games.

Does this continue when the whips are cracking?

Do you think Parish returning, changes Caldwell's role ?

Darcy Parish is eyeing off a return to play in around three weeksā€™ time as he progresses in his recovery from a calf injury.

Sidelined since round 11, the midfielderā€™s comeback could provide a timely boost for the Bombers entering the business end of the home-and-away campaign.

Caldwell could suffer a role change. Couldn't rule it out.

But he's been playing so well, that if you read the Bombers board, some of them don't think Parish has a guaranteed place in the 22. They think it's Jye's now.

It will probably backfire, but I'm getting him I think. I can see him costing me league wins in the next few weeks if I don't, and I need them to make the finals

Caldwell could suffer a role change. Couldn't rule it out.

But he's been playing so well, that if you read the Bombers board, some of them don't think Parish has a guaranteed place in the 22. They think it's Jye's now.

It will probably backfire, but I'm getting him I think. I can see him costing me league wins in the next few weeks if I don't, and I need them to make the finals
Parish absolutely, 100% has a guaranteed role and spot in the team. Ignore that nuffy talk.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the magnets get shifted around a bit. Caldwell and Durhamā€™s roles have stepped up massively this year and they will be tired.

There is talk of Shiel coming in this week (yuck). He is incapable of playing anywhere other than centre square so he might share some of Jyeā€™s minutes (but also Stringer, Perkins).

All in all, I wouldnā€™t worry too much. Jye is a gun and should be a big priority for us. Even when he has played off half forward he has shown a good ability to impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For six weeks Iā€™ve been working to a plan to get Ryan as my last defender. That plan was put on hold for a few rounds as his price continued to plummet. It was originally an upgrade on Stewart but Iā€™m now waving goodbye to Ridley. Ryan is a steal at $579k.

However, something in my brain keeps steering me towards an Uber POD to help me keep moving up the rankings. With an 8 round average of 114, he has a huge ceiling and a juicy SuperCoach finals fixture. His back end of last season was crazy good.

At 2% ownership how in the world am I now considering Nic Newman over the blonde seagull?

Am I Crazy Warner Bros GIF by Leroy Patterson

For six weeks Iā€™ve been working to a plan to get Ryan as my last defender. That plan was put on hold for a few rounds as his price continued to plummet. It was originally an upgrade on Stewart but Iā€™m now waving goodbye to Ridley. Ryan is a steal at $579k.

However, something in my brain keeps steering me towards an Uber POD to help me keep moving up the rankings. With an 8 round average of 114, he has a huge ceiling and a juicy SuperCoach finals fixture. His back end of last season was crazy good.

At 2% ownership how in the world am I now considering Nic Newman over the blonde seagull?

I mentioned his name as a potential starter and not many were that keen. I thought his scores would have got worse with Saad returning but apparently not

Nope, not crazy, I just grabbed him. His game against the Bombers was an anomaly. Had 30 SC pts less than his AF pts. A few frees against and clangers. Also Guelfi was on him for a bit. I reckon he's got more 140+ scores in him.

Nope, not crazy, I just grabbed him. His game against the Bombers was an anomaly. Had 30 SC pts less than his AF pts. A few frees against and clangers. Also Guelfi was on him for a bit. I reckon he's got more 140+ scores in him.
Hmm, he has flown under my radar.
Iā€™m getting Ryan this week.
Could make two trades and switch Daicos to mids and ditch that spud Rowell to Newman.
Leaving me with a complete team and five trades for injuries/upgrades.
Or just use two trades next week and upgrade Rowell to a Neale type?

Could make two trades and switch Daicos to mids and ditch that spud Rowell to Newman.
Ryan joined my team in Round 3 at a $611K price point and has averaged 125 since then. No regrets at all. At $579.8K he is a bargain. Given he is playing against the Tigers this week may limit his usual chip accumulation numbers/kick outs/non contested d50 short kicks, 1-2 running HB's and R50 kicks etc... however with no big forward gorilla to contend with such as Tom Lynch, he should intercept a lot across half back regardless. BE of 123 is only 2 less than he has averaged since Round 3.

I liked the look of Neale too but he will get a tag from Windhager in Round 21 and possibly Bedford in Round 22. I would go Dunkley instead if I was to upgrade a MID at this stage. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Exactly my thought. Rowell to Newman??

Nic Newman has a five round average of 104 including the sugar hit that is Richmond, sure if your strapped for trades and cash but I would look elsewhere. Jordan Clark is 552k and about to get the same sugar hit this week for example.

Nic Newman has a five round average of 104 including the sugar hit that is Richmond, sure if your strapped for trades and cash but I would look elsewhere. Jordan Clark is 552k and about to get the same sugar hit this week for example.
Tbf he does have Pies and Saints on the run home

Fisher straight to Rankine in 1 trade or Caldwell at F7 in two trades (keeping fisher)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back