Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEN reporting Williams and GOV both being assessed and in doubt for Sunday.

Williams could be anything from cramp to polio based on reports so far. We need the medical update from the club.

We need the medical update from the club.

Carlton is hopeful of regaining Adam Saad
Jack Martin's hamstring injury is also believed to be minor
Curnow (ankle) and Harry McKay (quad) are also said to be 50-50 chances
Orazio Fantasia trained fully last Wednesday but ultimately wasn't cleared to play.
Caleb Marchbank is also expected to be available for selection this weekend.

I see the opposite. It’s been our issue all year. Way too predictable and we get picked off and sides run from our fwd 50

Today we went in low and our small forward pressure was awesome. If we didn’t score, we locked it in. It’s why WCE only scored 4 goals

How many sides now play with 3 tall forwards?
Hawks do and are putting up big scores

How on earth do we have so many soft tissue injuries?! Returning after a 1/2 week hammy worries me..
Oh well, Moir to start this week?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I should smack you for trolling on our team board, but the lesson is important too.

Acres left the Saints in 2019 at age 24. He has played more games elsewhere than he did for the Saints. How do you think you know more about him than those who follow him closely at almost 29 years of age, having gone through his peak years since?

You don't see Carlton supporters pretending to be all across Nick Holman and his Gold Coast experiences, just because he played for us way back when.

You need to improve your posting quality.
The Aints fan also clearly has taken no notice of the multiple heroics Acres has performed for this club.

Almost poster suicide trying to troll him on our board TBH,

Saints currently have Pick 6 in the draft. If Gold Coast beat Richmond, and they should, then Saints have Pick 5. If Melbourne lose to Collingwood, and they could ... then a Saints win will give them Pick 7, instead of 5. I know there may not be a standout top 5, and Lyon might want to prove his team are better than the year suggests, but it's a choice of sorts. How big is their motivation to be a wrecker? It was strong against the Cats.

Williams could be anything from cramp to polio based on reports so far. We need the medical update from the club.
It's interesting because neither had their hammies iced post game - at least not on the bench or in the change rooms.

Normally is there's a hammy, or any soft tissue, the ice is right on.

Maybe just some tightness occurred, or in Williams case, some cramping, that has left some residual niggle. Either way worst case I suspect they're on the minor end.

The Aints fan also clearly has taken no notice of the multiple heroics Acres has performed for this club.

Almost poster suicide trying to troll him on our board TBH,

Acres has been absolutely clutch for us in multiple situations. He's the everywhere man.

Carlton is hopeful of regaining Adam Saad
Jack Martin's hamstring injury is also believed to be minor
Curnow (ankle) and Harry McKay (quad) are also said to be 50-50 chances
Orazio Fantasia trained fully last Wednesday but ultimately wasn't cleared to play.
Caleb Marchbank is also expected to be available for selection this weekend.
If Kemp can stay forward I wouldn't risk bringing in a suspect body in Martin. We can ill afford another forced sub actication.

However, if Gov doesn't recover (which is looking unlikely), I am apprehensive at the thought of Weitering, Marchy and Young in the backline.

Durdin for Orazio seems the logical change based on equivalency, though I'd rather him not come in.

Saad really must have only had a minor tweak if he was nearly fit to pull up last week. Him hammy would need to be battle ready.

Feel like Charlie and Harry will ultimately miss.

Acres has been absolutely clutch for us in multiple situations. He's the everywhere man.
Acres was up there with Walsh in our finals last year as MVP. Sure, he gets the customary turnover in every game, but he has significantly improved us, not just positionally, but his work rate and physicality are immensely important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints currently have Pick 6 in the draft. If Gold Coast beat Richmond, and they should, then Saints have Pick 5. If Melbourne lose to Collingwood, and they could ... then a Saints win will give them Pick 7, instead of 5. I know there may not be a standout top 5, and Lyon might want to prove his team are better than the year suggests, but it's a choice of sorts. How big is their motivation to be a wrecker? It was strong against the Cats.
Someone else mentioned a Saints win might affect the compensation they get for Battle should he go to another club?

Someone else mentioned a Saints win might affect the compensation they get for Battle should he go to another club?

Hmm, if the Hawks pay enough for tier 1, then Picks 5 and 6 vs 7 and 8 could make a difference. It's laughable that Battle could get them Pick 6, but crazier things have happened.

It's quite the conundrum for the club.

We are better with Curnow, Saad and McKay in the side (notwithstanding the terrible way we use them). We have a must win game against St Kilda. Win that and we have a 2 week break to get back to something approaching full strength for the elimination final. If we don't play those 50/50 guys and lose, we don't get to see them at all for the rest of the year.

If we play them and lose, they'll be fine for next year even if they get injured again. Play them, they get injured and we win, we go into the finals understrength.

It's pick your poison for the club.

Freo could lose as well and we are still in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back